Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Moderaters

(PSN)EpICFreeDoMZz

Can we get some more mods for console, specifically ps4. I don't know what its like on Xbox or pc but on ps4 we have 2 mods that I've seen and they're either never on or in the NA region. Normally I wouldn't complain but over the last two days I've been in chat there's been people spouting hate speech, homophobic taunt and spamming selling and buying talk. I let it go a few times and others I tried to get away from it a bit by going to play a mission or two but I come back and its still going on. While I could report these people I have no way to provide evidence and its more than likely nothing will happen. 

All I ask is one or two mods per region which isn't too much, yeah itd probably take a bit of time to make sure they're suited and that's fine but right now its making me not want to play at all.

Region Chat needs a ban where they don't know they've been banned and they can't see the helpful people they crave attention from...like Universe B:(Normal Region Chat) not knowing there's a Universe A:(Morning Chat) where Jar Jar Binks and Transformers 2 never took place and Half-Life 3 was released years ago and they are complaining about Half-Life 4 being held back so they can get get rid of the last few bugs before shipping...

I don't see much of a problem with this, aside from the potential hair trigger.

I used to play on PS4 and didnt see it much, but I wasnt really in chat all that often. I don't want there to be false mutes, however, and as far as i've observed, these topics tend to bring out-of-proportion reactions for possible misunderstandings.

Saying things that might be considered genuinely offensive, such as "Group X is full of a bunch of %!@#." or "Ideology Y is completely outrageous, immoral, and/or evil" should be punished. However, saying things such as "The black community needs some serious work" or "Orthodox Christianity has old and tired ideas" shouldn't be muted.

What is your input on this? I would try to avoid using particular examples, as it may lead to the thread itself being closed.

Edited by krekireftw
better examples, appropriate language

10 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

I don't see much of a problem with this, aside from the potential hair trigger.

I used to play on PS4 and didnt see it much, but I wasnt really in chat all that often. I don't want there to be false mutes, however, and as far as i've observed, these topics tend to bring out-of-proportion reactions for possible misunderstandings.

Saying things that might be considered genuinely offensive, such as "Group X is full of a bunch of %!@#." or "Ideology Y is completely outrageous, immoral, and/or evil" should be punished. However, saying things such as "The black community needs some serious work" or "Orthodox Christianity has old and tired ideas" shouldn't be muted.

What is your input on this? I would try to avoid using particular examples, as it may lead to the thread itself being closed.

I can see what you're saying and I agree that we don't want people false muted especially if its a genuine conversation be it on a touchy subject or not but the reason I think we need more mods is because they can be an independent party and if they feel that the conversation is going in a bad direction or there's people being outright offensive they can move the conversation away or pull people aside and tell them to stop. It would work the same for people who are selling in region. If this were to happen there's no need for anyone to be muted or banned at all as most of the people doing this would take the warning and back off.