Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trilodon Hunt - possible way to make it easier (random squads)

spyvspyaeon

Question

Hi there,

Since there's some issue regarding to find a good squad. ie: I have this issue, my clan has 130 members and it's painful to find squad also recruting chat it is not that great. (i'm not complaing about that, just to explain how I got here).

I did some test and in fact worked pretty great. I use a specter 3 stars (with Trinity prime and Lens equiped). Whatever the squad I got doing this test worked really finne. 
The advantage for me is the specter does not have energy limit and it will spam her abilities (most important is the Blessing). 

Most of the times when I get a random it's not granted to have any player with trinity to heal the lures, when this happens and the squad it is not equiped with one shot weapons it's almost a failed hunt (the lures dies and if u don't get more the "eidolon" dies too - (the mission is to capture him, not to kill him).

From the experience I got, I did 2 tests with specters, in some hunts. One I did with a harrow specter (cool because of the damage prevent, it will do to the team) plus my own harrow damage prevent.  the best result I got with a specter ( Trinity prime and Lens equiped) for sure.

Did u ever tried that? if yes what is your input? 

Edited by spyvspyaeon

10 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, spyvspyaeon said:

Since there's some issue regarding to find a good squad. ie: I have this issue, my clan has 130 members and it's painful to find squad also recruting chat it is not that great.

I was trying to find a squad myself some time ago through the forums and tried Recruitchat until I got 3 partner. I got a group capable of 4x3 more than once and also lots of new friends I can play with

2 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

I just run in solo

yeah I've been doing that, when I have no luck. But u know, it's not that fast. This specter "solution" seems to work great.

I repeat my question "Did u ever tried that? if yes what is your input?"  -> this is what the post is about.

yeah it's a bit slow, relative to running with people. Honestly? Just scrape together who you can. If your roles don't work out, they don't work out. Change the strat. Like you said, having a trinity specter for healing? Genius. Maybe add in a shield osprey from suda and a healer from loka.

ive never tried specters for eidolons. Now, for other missions? Man. Did you know you can have 1 specter of each type deployed all at once? Not as helpful for eidolons, since you can only have 1 Tenno specter deployed, but as I mentioned, extra shields and shield regen and the ancient's protection from damage and status effects could also be useful.

heck, have your whole squad deploy those 3. I'd imagine it'd be pretty handy. 

Thats the problem with Hardcore players.  They get burnt out or rush to end and then move on.   Its stupid to focus on those peeps.   DE just ripped out Raids from the game because the vast majority of peeps did not run them.   Make all content accessible to casual players so that there is always people there to run the content.  If eidolons didnt suck u dry and insta kill you then you would always be able to find a group, and the majority of those people would try to be as effecient as possible.  

If DE wants to waste time giving hardcore players elite versions of stuff thats fine but just dont add elite only rewards to the stuff.   Atleast not weapons/frames/mods/arcane.   Just cosmetic crap to let them stand out.  Sanctuary Onsalught could have been cool but instead the normal version is absolutely worthless and the elite version is to restrictive.   I wonder what the population for that is like.  I know in normal most of the squad if you start with a full one doesnt even make it to the end of wave 8 lol.   

But seriously you want everyone to start using spectres to help make random groups easier instead of just lowering the difficulty of the content to be more casual friendly??

Thats the only thing that bums me out thinking about Fortuna.  Im afraid those spiders are going to be super difficult like eidolons and I wont get to enjoy them.  

14 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

yeah it's a bit slow, relative to running with people. Honestly? Just scrape together who you can. If your roles don't work out, they don't work out. Change the strat. Like you said, having a trinity specter for healing? Genius. Maybe add in a shield osprey from suda and a healer from loka.

ive never tried specters for eidolons. Now, for other missions? Man. Did you know you can have 1 specter of each type deployed all at once? Not as helpful for eidolons, since you can only have 1 Tenno specter deployed, but as I mentioned, extra shields and shield regen and the ancient's protection from damage and status effects could also be useful.

heck, have your whole squad deploy those 3. I'd imagine it'd be pretty handy. 

That ancient healer idea from new loka is genius. I had an idea too, one that people probably already use: unairu dash. With second skill maxed it not only removes 75% armor per dash but also makes enemies affected deal 50% less damage. Imagine if that worked on eidolons, that damage reduction effect, and if you could stack it multiple times without removing all armor.

I did a test with heavy gunner and the dash, it didn't remove all armor despite dashing through it three or even more times. But I did manage to remove plague star boss' armor with it completely after maybe 8-10 dashes or more. So you wanna find out how many dashes it takes to remove each eidolon's armor and do one or two dashes less to retain radiation damage bonus and then see if boss deals less damage with its abilities. Would be valuable on gantulyst. I intend to test this when I get time. This could potentially negate the need for a healer frame.

That said, I haven't tried specters in eidolon hunts but I have no problem keeping the lures alive as Trinity. Only once out of my 8 or so tricaps I let one lure die. One. Should be zero, but I was inexperienced. That why you better have one extra lure on hydro and gantu.

Edited by BoarWarrior
Forgot to address specters

1 hour ago, BoarWarrior said:

That ancient healer idea from new loka is genius.

Indeed and I forgot to mention that. thnks!! 

I had an idea too, one that people probably already use: unairu dash.

Sundering Dash - Multiple Sundering Dashes can be stacked with diminishing returns. Does not work on Eidolons. -> source http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus/Unairu 

That said, I haven't tried specters in eidolon hunts but I have no problem keeping the lures alive as Trinity.

Forgot to mention I mostly use Harrow + buff or Chroma with DPS, with Madurai full max out. So when I enter in random squad It's handy if I have a Trinity Specter when there's none in the squad.

One thing I did understood in Eidolon hunt is if your squad isn't abble to knock him down fast he will probably recover. When you don't have a way to protect your lures ocasionally it's more than possible u will loose some or in worst case, all lures (time consume). and you know when you are running to make at least 1 or 2 trilodon hunt in a night. So far my random tries are going really great. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Thats the only thing that bums me out thinking about Fortuna.  Im afraid those spiders are going to be super difficult like eidolons and I wont get to enjoy them. 

This is why I am running to max all my schools as fast as I can 🙂 so far so good, just a little to max all.  I imagine that the elite boss in Venus will have same organic like the Eidolon. 

45 minutes ago, spyvspyaeon said:

Sundering Dash - Multiple Sundering Dashes can be stacked with diminishing returns. Does not work on Eidolons. -> source http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus/Unairu 

Oh yeah, went to check it and it's true. But you can just use Sarpa anyhow. However wiki didn't say anything about crippling dash not working so potentially you could save the specters and use that on them, if it works, especially if it can be applied multiple times. Gonna test that out the next time there's night on Cetus for me.

One thing that lets me get away with playing solo as a non healer frame is just having an army of lures.

not only does that make more targets the eidolons have to destroy, but uncharged ones make good weapons to deal with the vomulysts. 

I run zenurik if I'm with a squad, Madurai without. Damage multiplier from void mode stacks, and if you get it high enough it lets you kill the first eidolon in 8 attacks, if you do it correctly.