Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Nidus Augment for 'Parasitic Link' -> Helminth Charger [Two Of A Kind]

Eoc203

Two Of A Kind

Parasitic Link Augment:

Bind to your Helminth Charger with Parasitic Link. Both the Helminth Charger and Nidus gain increased Ability Strength. The Helminth Charger spawns up to 3 maggots from its back.

---

The increase in Ability Strength should be about half of what you can get by linking with a teammate.

If deemed too powerful, I could see the total count of maggots being reduced to 2 or only having them spawn if the Helminth Charger kills an enemy (1 new maggot per killed enemy up to a maximum of 3 in that case).

---

I hope we can all agree that parasitic link is heavily underused by most Nidus players? (and I count myself among those...)

Linking to an enemy is usually my last resort before dying, because I hate being tied to a certain place and linking to a teammate usually lasts a whole ten seconds before they run off and break the link by bullet jumping to the other end of the map. Linking to something mobile and reliable has merit, even if its at reduced efficiency.

Also, Helminth Charger are super underused even though they are pretty much specifically designed to be Nidus' companion counterpart.

Bringing those two underused parts together with a worthwhile augmentation would be amazing!

Edited by Eoc203

• 1 month later...

I still feel that Parasitic Link should allow you to bind to your companions. Even if it doesn't spawn maggots, this should still be available. Even with the Sentinels, the second Virulence can just be skewed off to your side a little bit. It would make the second virulence a bit more reliable and controllable this way.

The mechanic can be that with Moas, Kubrows, and Kavats, you have to target them with your aiming reticle, and with Sentinels, if you don't have anything you can bind to in the aiming reticle, it binds to the sentinel.

Edited by xZeromusx

vor 38 Minuten schrieb xZeromusx:

I still feel that Parasitic Link should allow you to bind to your companions. Even if it doesn't spawn maggots, this should still be available. Even with the Sentinels, the second Virulence can just be skewed off to your side a little bit. It would make the second virulence a bit more reliable and controllable this way.

The mechanic can be that with Moas, Kubrows, and Kavats, you have to target them with your aiming reticle, and with Sentinels, if you don't have anything you can bind to in the aiming reticle, it binds to the sentinel.

I really do hope we can do that someday.

It's such a pity that an ability with amazingly useful effects such as Parasitic Link is underused because you can't rely on your teammates to stay around all the time.