Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new change on eidolons spawning

One of the biggest issues I have found with eidolons is the time gating and the need for you to get in as many tri caps a night cycle as possible has lead to a very elitist community because they are worried about only have 50 mins to kill ediolons. 

I personally think the time gating has to go and instead it should be a 24/7 mission and only in that mission do they spawn. This is a game for casual fun at the end of the day and to require people that have a life to have to either do this run now or maybe miss eidolons is against what I think is the games core. which is being able to pick up and come back. 

Sorties, Invasions, Rep Missions, Sim Targets, Fissures(To a point but that's another thread for another time), Nightmare Missions, Kuva farming tho Floods/Siphons are time gated once finished for spamming of course but they are still up on login, The Old Raids all have the ability to come back whenever you want and do them without being restricted to having to do them right at this time or you are sol from getting any type of reward for the mission

With Eidolons the one way to get arcanes and more focus is time gated to a 50 min window that opens back up after 1 1/2hrs that even more so forces you into something when you may not really want to do because maybe you are working on something else but hey you need those arcanes to also complete your build.

So now instead of being like oh "hey lets do a tri cap" its turned into "oh no its five mins till night and we are 10 waves into a defense fissure, guess we are missing the free refined relic to get more chances at arcanes and focus" or

"how long till night cycle?"

"there's 10 mins left"   

"well there goes night cycle for me today because I don't have enough time"

As you can see this takes away from having fun and to even add to it.

Think of being a content creator trying to make a series comparing weapons, amps or even doing role videos or do a teaching run on stream. They are now time gated at even getting to make that content, making content creation hell for it so teaching fully about it becomes even harder as it just takes longer to fully figure out everything because well you are time gated to the extreme....digital extremes. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

So, you want people to burn through the Eidolon content faster than they already do?

1 minute ago, thebakertv_-twitch said:

Oh so its an issue that people min max? Do you hate speedva too and how it makes defense go by faster....

I failed there. I was speed running at posting sorry. 

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

completing a defense does not reward you with three arcanes and a ton of varying sentient cores, etc.

A ton of cores to a system that is gated by MR all those cores to do nothing with....and three arcanes oh boy. Do you also think kuva is to rewarding?

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

completing a defense does not reward you with three arcanes and a ton of varying sentient cores, etc.

and how would their caps per hr increase making it a mission. When it doesn't give buffs it just gives them the ability to farm. Nothing more. I didn't say we need damage buffs and damage reduction buffs.

Having a bigger window to get into hunts would be nice since there's no ingame way of monitoring the time without checking earth every few minutes, but I would rather they fix the bugs with that mode before making improvements. Earlier today I was in a tricap and Harry decided to teleport three times in what felt like less than a minute even though he was crippled,  it was funny and annoying at the same time but mostly annoying because it cut a few minutes off our next cap giving us less time to get lures and such, and time is a big issue when playing with pubs.

Just now, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Having a bigger window to get into hunts would be nice since there's no ingame way of monitoring the time without checking earth every few minutes, but I would rather they fix the bugs with that mode before making improvements. Earlier today I was in a tricap and Harry decided to teleport three times in what felt like less than a minute even though he was crippled,  it was funny and annoying at the same time but mostly annoying because it cut a few minutes off our next cap giving us less time to get lures and such, and time is a big issue when playing with pubs.

That's a whole other thread I'm working on but think of this more tri caps means more interaction which allows for more bug reporting. The fact that we are time gated alone makes it harder to bug report and see what's wrong.

Or make them mission only. Can only be done once,  And every X hours it refreshes. thereby limiting the amount each person can do but not forcing a timeframe upon them. So lets just assume they decide one every two hours. Ok you can do it at 12:00 or at 1:30 doesnt matter. both of you can try again at 2:00 as the counter resets. then 4:00 , 6:00, etc... 

2 hours ago, Dopekoke said:

Out of curiosity, what makes this a casual game?

I'd say it'd be more of a game you can play casually than a pure casual game.
Simple base gameplay, point, shoot, thing dies, repeat. (Note I said base gameplay as if you can do most of the game by playing in a very basic way.)
Can play in short bursts very easily. (One quick alert to grab item then go back to what you were doing.)
Free to play could be counted as a point towards it being casual as there's no investment before you play.
One could also count the fact that you can kinda just pay for something if it's giving you too much trouble to grind for.

I fully support OP.

You can argue that players will burn out faster, but TBH if there's no time constraints at all, I think that players will do it more leisurely. Instead of feeling obligated to make optimum use of every night cycle, you would be more likely to simply do a few runs here and there, in between doing other stuff.

There's no argument to be made for how 'OP' the rewards are. It's harder to succeed, so the rewards are better.

I've asked for the same thing basically before, but I don't think I've ever heard them comment on the clock system. They've already stated that there won't be any clock gated content on Venus, so I'm hoping they either add the existing arcanes there as well, or let us bypass the clock in PoE. My suggestion was to just have the bounties up for them at all times and if you select an Eidolon/Tridolon bounty, it automatically sets the time on the plains to the very start of night when you go out. You'd still have a limited time in that game to get them all, but you'd always have a full night cycle to try, and you'd be able to start one whenever you wanted.

At this point the people who don't already have them clearly do not want to go the P2W route and just buy them, but also don't like the PoE time-gating system. I personally refuse to buy them, but also have no desire to plan my time around this artificial clock, so I just have never bothered trying to farm the few that are actually worthwhile and have a very low drop chance on top of the limited time windows in which you can farm them.

It's especially annoying when you see people's builds revolve around guardian or grace as they insist that the otherwise squishy frame has perfectly fine survival. There's a few arcanes that are kind of a crutch to make up for other design flaws, so it'd be nice to actually have them.

42 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

I've asked for the same thing basically before, but I don't think I've ever heard them comment on the clock system. They've already stated that there won't be any clock gated content on Venus, so I'm hoping they either add the existing arcanes there as well, or let us bypass the clock in PoE. My suggestion was to just have the bounties up for them at all times and if you select an Eidolon/Tridolon bounty, it automatically sets the time on the plains to the very start of night when you go out. You'd still have a limited time in that game to get them all, but you'd always have a full night cycle to try, and you'd be able to start one whenever you wanted.

At this point the people who don't already have them clearly do not want to go the P2W route and just buy them, but also don't like the PoE time-gating system. I personally refuse to buy them, but also have no desire to plan my time around this artificial clock, so I just have never bothered trying to farm the few that are actually worthwhile and have a very low drop chance on top of the limited time windows in which you can farm them.

It's especially annoying when you see people's builds revolve around guardian or grace as they insist that the otherwise squishy frame has perfectly fine survival. There's a few arcanes that are kind of a crutch to make up for other design flaws, so it'd be nice to actually have them.

It isn't even a matter of "not wanting to go the P2W route" for some. There are some folks who have no excess income to throw at P2W, nor are they able to get started due to coming in a bit later after the eidolon changes/never really got to do eidolons before the introduction of harry and garry. Which effectively means those people can never access arcanes/really get that good of access to anything (Rare to find people willing to grab a single capture repeatedly anymore, even if you do they expect x number of tri caps, in my experience anyway.)

On 2018-10-14 at 10:15 PM, Dopekoke said:

Out of curiosity, what makes this a casual game?

The ability to come back to the game and not be so far behind you can't do current content within reason. Example someone with 2000 hrs mission time stops playing start of this month till fortuna release they'll be able to clear fortuna content with ease still. Unlike in other games where new gear comes out that surpasses gear released the content patch before. 

On 2018-10-14 at 3:46 PM, HAZMAT411 said:

Or make them mission only. Can only be done once,  And every X hours it refreshes. thereby limiting the amount each person can do but not forcing a timeframe upon them. So lets just assume they decide one every two hours. Ok you can do it at 12:00 or at 1:30 doesnt matter. both of you can try again at 2:00 as the counter resets. then 4:00 , 6:00, etc... 

Like the current new alerts? I could live with that. This way the mission is always up. The only issue I have with it is there isn't a way then to break the current world record for tri caps in a night cycle aka 50 mins makes that an issue. Most people I know do 4-5 tri caps a night cycle. Even duo with my gf we do a 8 cap in a night cycle. So getting just one tri cap even an hr is just destroying our ability to farm arcanes. It took me 156 tri caps to get my 1st fully ranked arcane energize the amount of time it would take to do those at one tri cap an hr would be just wrong and drive the price higher then the avg of 2400-3kp it is on PC and I just got my 1st fully ranked grace at over 160 tri caps

So I'd say once you start the 1st mission you start a 50 min timer once you enter the mission. In which you have 50 mins in the mission to spawn eidolons and like a ABC rotation just keep moving threw them for that 50 mins once that 50 mins is up you are locked out till reset that happens on a global timer every 2 1/2 hrs. Which is the same time combined for day and night cycle 

Tho I would like the ability to queue and do it and not receive loot. As personally I'm a content creator and not being able to do the testing I do in a reasonable time frame is driving me crazy. Currently trying to do a comparison video for all six of weapons people speak of being for eidolons, walk threw guides on each of the five most used frames and how to play them right in a pug setting and amp comparison. With the time gates its near impossible to do reasonably.   

Edited by Guest