Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

polishing the game after Fortuna

spiffy1209

dear, DE 

After fortuna it would be awesome if you guys could go back and polish the game. Why? Because this game is sooooo awesome and can do sooo much more with the current content it has right now. I would at least STRONGLY recommend you guys to update more frequently after Fortuna comes out and is polished(and stay on that path permanently) . Im not saying that you guys need to stop making those big updates completely I would recommend having a small team working on those ambitious updates on the back burner while the majority of the team works on polishing/revisiting the game and its current content.

These are my opinions and if you guys agree with me then give this a like or upvote, Im interested and seeing how many people feel how I feel about this. 

thank you all for reading and have a good day! ( unfortunately I cant play Warframe anymore till I save up for a better computer, so I would recommend a portion of the team to work on optimizations and performance plz because I miss Warframe :3 )        

DE  cant focus too much on polish, because that would slow down the content generation, which is core thing that keeps this game alive.

They still do polishing, they just do it parallel to the main content generation. Sometimes they focus on it a little bit more, but not by stoping the content generation completely. It comes in waves, really.

4 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

They never stopped polishing.

lackluster enemies that can be easily cheesed almost every part of the game, most boss fights still dont even feel like a boss fight, game modes that still have a ton of issues in which most dont care about no more after the first month, starmap feels empty to do anything anymore (kuva and relics are just the same thing in which i can play by holding left click and playing on the phone), alot of frames still feel they need re balancing despite all of them are overpowered for regular content anyway, pvp is a giant mess that most of us dont wanna touch, and raids are completely gone. they have improved on many of these in the past but it definitely feel like they stopped improving some things after a certain point and the painful part is that i think they dont even want to either.

57 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

DE  cant focus too much on polish, because that would slow down the content generation, which is core thing that keeps this game alive.

They still do polishing, they just do it parallel to the main content generation. Sometimes they focus on it a little bit more, but not by stoping the content generation completely. It comes in waves, really.

by main content, do you mean like the triple A releases they have been doing for the past year or 2?

37 minutes ago, ShenRyujin said:

lackluster enemies that can be easily cheesed almost every part of the game, most boss fights still dont even feel like a boss fight, game modes that still have a ton of issues in which most dont care about no more after the first month, starmap feels empty to do anything anymore (kuva and relics are just the same thing in which i can play by holding left click and playing on the phone), alot of frames still feel they need re balancing despite all of them are overpowered for regular content anyway, pvp is a giant mess that most of us dont wanna touch, and raids are completely gone. they have improved on many of these in the past but it definitely feel like they stopped improving some things after a certain point and the painful part is that i think they dont even want to either.

though i do agree with a lot of what you said, there is one thing i think is different, I believe that they want to do the things you have said but the majority of the community instead wants something else, witch seems to be massive triple A releases ( that are not polished right now) and cosmetics. DE seems to know what is good for the game (and those two things are not good to focus there entire team on) but they listen to us SO much that they seem to be willing to hurt themselves AND there game in the long run just to satisfy the community. DE is an amazing dev team that is getting so many signals from so many different community's in Warframe that i think they dont really know what any of us want XD, we need to be united and work together as one community if we want to brake that dang glass ceiling.     

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Problem is, DE only is a small team

"small" team of 250 people...

"small" loan of 10 million dollars... :clem:

We really should get more polishing in this game. The huge bulk of the current game's content are assets that were released years ago and have never been touched again ever since then. Many textures look like something out of 2005. Many game modes look like its in pre-alpha state of release and is out there for years.

1 hour ago, spiffy1209 said:

though i do agree with a lot of what you said, there is one thing i think is different, I believe that they want to do the things you have said but the majority of the community instead wants something else, witch seems to be massive triple A releases ( that are not polished right now) and cosmetics. DE seems to know what is good for the game (and those two things are not good to focus there entire team on) but they listen to us SO much that they seem to be willing to hurt themselves AND there game in the long run just to satisfy the community. DE is an amazing dev team that is getting so many signals from so many different community's in Warframe that i think they dont really know what any of us want XD, we need to be united and work together as one community if we want to brake that dang glass ceiling.     

cosmetics part of community wanting that probly, triple a release was because they were told "warframe looks like a amazing game, it will fail" with the response of "you cant have a game look this good and continually update it" so that is DE response to that. imo triple a release backfired and i think the route they should have taken is improve on top of the foundation they already had going, before they got their game up by just improving what they had but now lately they just release content for the sake of releasing content. also as for DE seems to kno wats good for the game? actually no they dont and thats 100% FINE. ppl need to accept they are ppl who make mistakes they realize this themselves and as u said cuz of the community things gone haywire but as the company they need to put their foot down on wat they want their game to be and not put stuff all over the place.

4 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

All said, fixing old content doesn't easily net player retention. Think about ways of revitalizing old content that would net retention.

that is not true at all that depends how u control the situation. improving enemies, maps, and warframes is fine so as long there is a daily reason to return to them such as if kuva, relics, and sorties are all over the place gives relevance since we are likely to farm these continually and not to mention a improvement on the base game at all would be step forward as well its gonna basically still apart of everything example enemies are always there and our warframes always there. if they improve boss fights all they have to do is get alittle creative such as make every last sortie a boss fight if they improve all of them. look at games like league of legends it is basically the same game for EIGHT YEARS and its still one of the most popular games out there. and if someone give the pvp excuse that pvp is more fun well games like dark souls or monster hunter manage all these years on the same thing but only improving wat they already kno and have. hell even destiny made a PvPvE mode where its main focus is PvE but that extra player count made it innovated. progression is not only slapping on anything with little to no care, progression can be polishing wat u have with no end and so as long they give it relevance it will work with passion but i havent felt passion in their new modes they usually abandon or warframes that are bleh but ignore yet release more modes and warframes. we wouldnt need more modes if the one they release in the first place was completely polished and if we got improved warframes ppl will go back to them to rebuild, re test, and replay. launching content for the sake of releasing content is just a dog chasing its tail and technically the real progression stop isnt taking a step back but themselves and more importantly this community.  

26 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

All said, fixing old content doesn't easily net player retention. Think about ways of revitalizing old content that would net retention.

It does if they also provide more variability to gameplay while polishing old content. For instance, if every capture mission of every node in every planet ever didn't play exactly the same, that would add to more variety on the game and thus making people bored less quicker.

2 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

It does if they also provide more variability to gameplay while polishing old content. For instance, if every capture mission of every node in every planet ever didn't play exactly the same, that would add to more variety on the game and thus making people bored less quicker.

They could also introduce new weapons and gear into those polished game modes so players would have a reason to go back and play the content, or like you said add more variables so no two nodes are exactly the same. The old saying variety is the spice of life works in warframe aswell

The major problem with "polishing old content" is that theres still nothing to do once you're all fully geared up and kitted out. You have literally no goal to reach, theres nothing to farm for that's out of reach, and really no challenge. So the polish really goes untouched for the most part till alerts or sorties take you there. I can see the need for mission types to be improved, but I'd rather they also get added as new types rather than replace the old ones so we get more variety

35 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

The major problem with "polishing old content" is that theres still nothing to do once you're all fully geared up and kitted out. You have literally no goal to reach, theres nothing to farm for that's out of reach, and really no challenge. So the polish really goes untouched for the most part till alerts or sorties take you there. I can see the need for mission types to be improved, but I'd rather they also get added as new types rather than replace the old ones so we get more variety

new content in a unpolished game is gonna be the same thing as old content nothing but cheese, brain dead enemies, no care for balancing, and no flair in a different map with a different objective and the cycle will continue in the future "we need more content" cuz the last content isnt polished to keep ppl happy long enough. if DE put out new content they need to stick with it completely then cuz at this point its just random stuff popping with no purpose and just die off in less than a month. new content wont be improved if the base game is still the same and i wanna add old content can always become relevant again if they use innovation and creativity to give it purpose. sorties is new content that just the regular base game with added "difficulties" but still same old gameplay and seen as a daily chore, sanctuary onslaught is new content but is just a faster exterminate, and hell relics is new content (technically keys replacement) but that is just regular grinding that gets boring fast. plenty of games that strive polish their core aspect of their game so ppl can enjoy it and creators focus most the game into that core gameplay but if warframe release more and more with zero polish will only just become a huge mess of zero reasons at all. 

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

I got every single item I can MR save for two login weapons, which I'll get in less then 100 days due to login 3.0. and frankly I love the gas city tileset redesign though I hope Io is left as is. 

They did seem to imply that Railjack was kind of the last step to achieving that initial dream that Dark Sector was supposed to be, so maybe they'll think about polishing old stuff.

But to be perfectly honest, it kind of feels like they don't want to polish half of the stuff they made because it's not a pleasant job.
It's probably lots of fun to design new open worlds and weapons and characters.  Less so to crunch out numbers and rebuild code that's 5 years old.

DE always seems like they're working their asses off and yet never fixing anything.  It's rather perplexing.

It would be pretty nice to get PBR on all the weapons that still haven’t received it. Additionally, Phorid still needs his rework that they teased like over a year and a half ago, maybe two. AI could be upgraded a bit too, but I understand that’s a far more difficult venture.

I must commend DE for at least continually improving the visuals of the game. Steve's always been really passionate about how good the game needs to look, and I think that’s really paid off with the recent lighting changes on some of the older tile sets, as well as the new physics based particle effects.

It's been said before, but DE doesn't have the staff to work on new stuff AND old stuff at a rate any faster than what they have now, and they don't have the money to hire more staff and expand. What we have now is what we get, barring something unforeseen.

19 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Basically exactly this.

16 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

The huge bulk of the current game's content are assets that were released years ago and have never been touched again ever since then. Many textures look like something out of 2005.

That's why they're revamping the Corpus tiles, which comprise half of the missions in the game. It's starting with the Corpus Gas City, but they're doing all the Corpus ship tiles as a tie-in to Railjack, and my speculation is they'll also redo the Corpus Outpost tiles, since many of those are shared with the ship tileset. But they have to balance their time between making new stuff and making old stuff, and content is just going to sit for a few years before being updated. That's just how it has to work, especially in a game this big.The 

Many game modes look like its in pre-alpha state of release and is out there for years.

The only game modes that haven't been updated since alpha are Defence, Mobile Defence, and Assassination. And Defence operates differently on certain tilesets, such as the objective moving around on the Grineer Galleon, Grineer Shipyard, and Grineer Sealab tilesets, or the hazards on the Kuva Fortress tileset, or the map changing drastically between waves on the Orokin Moon tileset.

16 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

such as if kuva, relics, and sorties are all over the place

They literally are all over the place. They spawn in random missions all over the Starchart. They're the only reason why experienced players spend any time on the lower-level planets.

For instance, if every capture mission of every node in every planet ever didn't play exactly the same, that would add to more variety on the game and thus making people bored less quicker.

Sabotage missions play vastly differently depending on the tileset you're on. Are you saying you want all game modes to be like that? I appreciate it when Capture missions show up as fissures or sorties or things like that because it means the mission is super fast and easy to complete. Besides, at some point, you want underlying consistency. When you unlock Lua for the first time and see the crazy new maps and tiles, you still know that Exterminate means you kill all the enemies, Mobile Defence means you don't let the terminal die, et cetera.

3 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

That's why they're revamping the Corpus tiles, which comprise half of the missions in the game. It's starting with the Corpus Gas City, but they're doing all the Corpus ship tiles as a tie-in to Railjack, and my speculation is they'll also redo the Corpus Outpost tiles, since many of those are shared with the ship tileset. But they have to balance their time between making new stuff and making old stuff, and content is just going to sit for a few years before being updated. That's just how it has to work, especially in a game this big.The 

The thing what I'm most afraid is that the last time we had anything of the sort was with "Earth Remastered". That was over a year ago and added nothing but just better graphics for that tileset. I know the Corpus one they are really re-making it all, but if that's really the pace they are comfortable with, I'm afraid it will not be enough.

10 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

The thing what I'm most afraid is that the last time we had anything of the sort was with "Earth Remastered". That was over a year ago and added nothing but just better graphics for that tileset. I know the Corpus one they are really re-making it all, but if that's really the pace they are comfortable with, I'm afraid it will not be enough.

I mean, we've already seen that the Gas City rework is going to be more than just a reskin. Entire tiles redesigned, new tiles added, multiple traversal routes, parkour mechanics built in, and even some lore to get us to go back (maybe some sort of mini-event?). But things work in a cycle: they release new content, and then the content gets stale and gets bypassed by other things, and then they revamp the oldest content and it becomes new again. With the progression of technology and DE's ideas for the game, that's just the normal, healthy cycle of game development. Content is going to get old; nothing can stop that.

I expected some polishing and expanding on PoE after that released aswell. Instead the plains, once the project of pride, are now the same half finished side project like so many other things. I guess the same will happen to Fortuna when they'll move on to the "next big thing". I don't know, but for me a content drought would be much easier to bear with if the systems that we already have would be a bit more diverse and polished so you could actually play them just for the fun of it. Instead, when I log in now it feels like the only things I really have left to do is grinding the crap out of Kuva missions and onslaught which are both in a state I cannot enjoy.