Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)D00M INCARNATE

An interpretation of the highest DPS Zaws

Recommended Posts

I made an excel sheet of every combination of Zaw. All 1760 combinations. Thank you VBA.

Credit to Semlar for all the Zaw part stats. If that site is wrong, disregard this thread.

I will only post the top 10 DPS ranks here. Which turns out to be 46 combinations. Otherwise that would be a massive wall of text.

DPS only takes into account the raw stats (no mods): specifically DMG, Speed and CC.These calculations do not include status chance. I'm not sure how you would work status chance into these calculations. Hit me up if you have a suggestion on that.

If you want to know how your Zaw stacks up, or if you want to double check my work, you can check out the full spreadsheet here. Near the middle of the document is a place to put your combination of parts in. Just match the DPS to where your Zaw lands on the graph.

The full range of DPS goes from 74 to 117.

The parts are numbered as such:

Strike Number   Grip Number   Link Number
BALLA 1   KORB 1   JAI 1
DOKRAHM 2   PEYE 2   JAI II 2
KRONSH 3   PLAGUE AKWIN 3   RUHANG 3
OOLTHA 4   LAKA 4   RUHANG II 4
PLAGUE KEEWAR 5   KWATH 5   EKWANA JAI 5
PLAGUE KRIPATH 6   PLAGUE BOKWIN 6   EKWANA RUHANG 6
RABVEE 7   SEEKALLA 7   VARGEET JAI 7
SEPFAHN 8   SHTUNG 8   VARGEET RUHANG 8
DEHTAT 9   JAYAP 9   EKWANA II JAI 9
CYATH 10   KROOSTRA 10   EKWANA II RUHANG 10
MEWAN 11         VARGEET II JAI 11
            VARGEET II RUHANG 12
            EKWANA JAI II 13
            EKWANA RUHANG II 14
            VARGEET JAI II 15
            VARGEET RUHANG II 16

 

Rank Strike Grip Link DPS
1 3 1 15 116.9975
  3 8 15  
  7 1 15  
  7 8 15  
  11 1 15  
  11 8 15  
         
2 1 1 12 116.0148
  1 8 12  
  2 1 12  
  2 8 12  
  3 1 11  
  3 8 11  
  7 1 11  
  7 8 11  
  9 1 12  
  9 8 12  
  11 1 11  
  11 8 11  
         
3 1 1 11 115.2466
  1 8 11  
  2 1 11  
  2 8 11  
  9 1 11  
  9 8 11  
         
4 6 1 11 114.9282
  6 8 11  
         
5 6 1 15 114.1263
  6 8 15  
         
6 6 1 12 114.0877
  6 8 12  
         
7 1 1 15 113.63
  1 8 15  
  2 1 15  
  2 8 15  
  9 1 15  
  9 8 15  
         
8 1 1 16 113.615
  1 8 16  
  2 1 16  
  2 8 16  
  9 1 16  
  9 8 16  
         
9 5 1 15 113.4788
  5 8 15  
         
10 5 1 11 113.2547
  5 8 11  

 

Conclusion:

I don't think there is any one Zaw that is #1 for DPS. As you can see, after 46 combinations there is only a whopping 4 points of DPS difference between the "best" DPS Zaw and the 10th best. To be frank, the lack of status chance in these calculations is why the best DPS at 117 is 72% better than the lowest DPS at 74.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are definitely a lot of extraneous variables including status chance which plays a big role in overall DPS.  One has to take account of stances as well with their damage multipliers and forced procs.  Some weapon classes outclass others based on how good the stances available for them are.  Condition Overload is also a huge player when it comes to achieving max DPS potential.  Base stats alone provide a really rough indicator of overall DPS and it should not be relied on.

As someone who has built like 40+ zaws and gone through 80+ rivens for various zaws overall I find that there's very little difference at the end of the day damage wise regardless of Zaw combination provided one knows how to mod appropriately -  just build what works for you in terms of stat preferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can appreciate that there are status based melee weapons. But for those who want to make a straight damage/crit build, it is a useful tool. It was fun putting it together if anything, and I saw a few cool patterns along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice spreadsheet!  I always like seeing players doing the math, even if I might have issues with some of the details.

It's the Links that really make the difference, and your analysis definitely favors a small handful of speed and/or crit Links.

One issue: Speed is not directly comparable between weapon classes, or even between different stances on the same weapon class.  Speed is just a multiplier applied to the stance animations.

Even with the basic quick attack there can be a very large difference between the base animation speed of two different stances.  When you throw in all the combos a true DPS calculation is pretty much impossible without going over footage frame by frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Nice spreadsheet!  I always like seeing players doing the math, even if I might have issues with some of the details.

It's the Links that really make the difference, and your analysis definitely favors a small handful of speed and/or crit Links.

One issue: Speed is not directly comparable between weapon classes, or even between different stances on the same weapon class.  Speed is just a multiplier applied to the stance animations.

Even with the basic quick attack there can be a very large difference between the base animation speed of two different stances.  When you throw in all the combos a true DPS calculation is pretty much impossible without going over footage frame by frame.

That would actually be really cool to test. Any idea if someone's already done the experiments on stance animation speed?

2 hours ago, nillos said:

Lacking another variable, which is Weapon Range...

Yes, good catch. If it were me looking at this chart, I'd pick whichever "high DPS" Zaw had the most range. And with what @Buff00n said, I'd narrow it down from there based on stances.

An afterthought I've been stuck on, is there a way to tell what type of weapon a Zaw will come out as? I'd rather not take the 1760 combinations to Hok to see what they all are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent built one in ages, however each Strike can only be used for one of two classes (exp: Kripath for polearms or rapiers). The Grip then determines the outcome which of the two it will be

 

EDIT: the Preview Window shows you what Type of weapon it will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

That would actually be really cool to test. Any idea if someone's already done the experiments on stance animation speed?

No clue.  That would be a massive undertaking with not a lot of utility.  In most cases combo effectiveness is very situational.

1 hour ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

If it were me looking at this chart, I'd pick whichever "high DPS" Zaw had the most range.

Range is similar to speed, in that it's just a multiplier on the stance's swing radius and not really comparable between weapon classes.  The only thing you can say for sure is that two-handed grips (Polearms, Staves, Hammers, Heavy Blades) have a greater range than one-handed grips (Swords, Machetes, Daggers, Scythes, Rapiers, Nikanas)

 

1 hour ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

An afterthought I've been stuck on, is there a way to tell what type of weapon a Zaw will come out as? I'd rather not take the 1760 combinations to Hok to see what they all are.

Semlar's excellent Zaw builder is an easier way to explore that kind of data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

Range is similar to speed, in that it's just a multiplier on the stance's swing radius and not really comparable between weapon classes.  The only thing you can say for sure is that two-handed grips (Polearms, Staves, Hammers, Heavy Blades) have a greater range than one-handed grips (Swords, Machetes, Daggers, Scythes, Rapiers, Nikanas)

Yes, I guess to clarify I meant I would pick a polearm, staff, hammer or heavy blade.

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

Semlar's excellent Zaw builder is an easier way to explore that kind of data.

I see that they have a weapon class in parenthesis for each strike and grip. But there isn't anywhere that actually says what type the weapon comes out at. Especially if you pick a (staff/polearm) strike but a (scythe) grip...well maybe those aren't exact, but those situations come up a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

I see that they have a weapon class in parenthesis for each strike and grip. But there isn't anywhere that actually says what type the weapon comes out at. Especially if you pick a (staff/polearm) strike but a (scythe) grip...well maybe those aren't exact, but those situations come up a lot.

Huh?  The weapon class the site lists in parentheses is the one that gets produced.  

Each strike can produce one of two weapon types: one type of two-handed weapon or one type of one-handed weapon.  The Strike controls which two-handed type and one-handed type are possible, and the grip controls which of the two options, two-handed or one-handed, are chosen.  I'm not sure how to explain that more clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

@Buff00n I see now what your talking about. The confusion was because the parenthesis actually change. Depending on which strike you pick, the grips will change their parenthesis.

Even easier, you can see the two possible options in parentheses beside the Strike choices: "Strike Name ( One-handed option / Two-handed option )"  You don't really have to go through every possible combination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...