Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with "most different" from Volt Prime

Oversight99

Question

Way back when, when I started playing more than 2 years ago, I spent money on Volt Prime. I just came back to the game in the last couple of weeks and I've got Volt Prime to max rank and I'm having a great deal of fun.

That being said, I'd like a second playstyle. Can anyone recommend a non-prime frame I should shoot for that would be really really different from volt prime?

Thanks!

PS- The forum seems to have decided I'm french. Anyone know how to fix that?

9 answers to this question

Well there are like a lot like maybe wukong with rage =unkillable(but you need to keep getting shot)

Rhino with big armor=best for index

Saryn well... nuker?=can solo most things and earn a lot of focus

Inaros and Nidus =the best frames for me sometimes(use them at hijack missions )

Limbo =literally the best defender (use at interception)

Frost=best at mot for bubble stacking cause enemies normally can one shot it at a point and very ideal for team nukers

Nezha =funny trap frame (I just have to say it okay)

Hydroid and Nekros =best farm frames if you have augment

Mirage =for me is the best to do bosses (I have not got mesa yet) cause sometimes damage boost and sometimes unkillable and clone also do damage when you fire . But rhino is also good with the boost

Excal umbra = very fun to use and especially when your in operator form doing something and it protects and attacks

Well this is the frames that I think I haved and are all very fun (but not nezha haven't used "him"(her) in a while after the rework

Harrow. Very underused frame outside eidolons, shines in fights where enemies do big damage. Has crit and fire rate buffs, crowd control and interesting mechanics.

I prefer tank frames like Inaros but figured a weapons platform might be too boring for a Volt main.

13 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Sort of hard to answer.  How are you playing volt now?  Are you like a long range zapper or do you use the speed boost to be a melee demon?

Mostly the speed boost to be a melee demon, at least in a squad. On the rare times I solo I like to snipe.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Oversight99:

Mostly the speed boost to be a melee demon, at least in a squad. On the rare times I solo I like to snipe.

That's a difficult one since it can go two ways - frames that are great at those things too but feel different and frames that are seriously nothing like volt..

Gara is probably among the frames that are completely different since you literally can not melee. Her splinter storm is able to soak up damage for numbers that are impossible to melee on so instead of melee, you run into enemies. Instead of casting to Cc, you cast to defend.

So is nidus - pure stationary caster

Mesa - living turret

Ivara - slowish stealthy ranger

Titania - flying gunner

Kinda similar potential with a different feel to them are

Ash - who's able to cast(/spam) shuriken for AoE and is relying on invisibility and finishers.

Nekros - who's easily the best minnion frame

Atlas - who's a versiale brawler 

Excal - who's eather similar to Atlas or a status wave spamming turret.

Ember - who's able to act as a berserker type melee frame due to her reduced range imo

And Nezha - who's the faster equivalent to that.

Those are at least the frames i've enjoyed so far... feel free to try and see if something fits you.

Trinity or (since you seem to like headshots) Harrow could be an interesting change of pace,
not least with their Squad support goodness running very little risk of being complained about lol.

Saryn melting the entire map would be somewhat different from a Melee pwnage approach, I guess
... although she does have a Melee (and gun) boost and even a mini-Speed, funnily enough.

Maybe try Oberon? Squad heals / buffs, enemy debuffs, CC, DOTs and slam jams, he's got you covered.

Just wanna say though, I think you missed out if you never used a high-Range nuke Volt (BTW yay Capacitance)
or a "Launcher turret" setup in e.g. Defense, raining down death from above while safe behind Electric Shield.

7 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

That's a difficult one since it can go two ways - frames that are great at those things too but feel different and frames that are seriously nothing like volt..

Gara is probably among the frames that are completely different since you literally can not melee. Her splinter storm is able to soak up damage for numbers that are impossible to melee on so instead of melee, you run into enemies. Instead of casting to Cc, you cast to defend.

So is nidus - pure stationary caster

Ivara - slowish stealthy ranger

Titania - flying gunner

Those are at least the frames i've enjoyed so far... feel free to try and see if something fits you.

Titania, Ivara, and Nidus all look fascinating. I'll check them out.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Saryn melting the entire map would be somewhat different from a Melee pwnage approach, I guess
... although she does have a Melee (and gun) boost and even a mini-Speed, funnily enough.

Saryn also seems fun 🙂