Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please move Khora's BP to the Market.

(PSN)Tenchi145

Having finally gotten my Khora with the help of my wife I was content to never walk back into the Sanctuary ever again. Fast forward a few months and a clanmate has decided to attempt to farm her parts.  Thankfully I didn't have to participate in the first few runs as he got three parts relatively easy chassis on one run, a helmet on the next run, and the systems 2 runs after that, which I told him he was lucky as that was the part that eluded me for 3 months. He had built those parts and had to take a break from the game for a few weeks but now he's back and ready to resume his hunt. After doing most of the current event for the past 3 days he has tirelessly ran himself into the ground looking for this last piece. I can only do about 3-4 games of it before I start to hate this game for the silly amount of grind there is for this one frame.  He has the patience of a saint compared to me as he has played Pokemon and hunted down 1% encounter chance pokemon, even hunted shinies, but this is even getting to him.  3 days of running this BS mission for a CHANCE at 1 part which 50% of the time ends up being the piece you didn't need. 

Understandably I get it, you need to grind for things if you want them, but this is a senseless grind as their is a possibility that there is no end to it except to put out the cash for it.  This is not fair to the community as a whole as everything should be available to you if you work for it but progression being tied to RNG is getting to be too much.  All other frames have either a boss that you can go and farm or in the case of some newer frames a variety of missions to play to obtain their parts in their which their drop rates are higher.  I read in one topic a few days ago that suggested that Onslaught drop or awards you with currency which you could use to purchase the parts from Simaris.  This idea gives you a progression idea so that you have a end result and not this constant soul crushing feeling each time you get that reward that is not what you were there for.

I'm gonna stop here because this grind s really messing with me. I love playing this game. I really do, but when a game mode saps all the joy out of you it sucks. I just want the BP removed from the drop table if only to make any new players that have to deal with this grind have to suffer only slightly less.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145

25 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Its RNG. Nothing else to say.

However when you make requests like this, please consider the people before you who did grind \. I'm sure they struggled as well. Would that be fair to just move the bp because you personally feel it should be moved?

It’s mkre than just RNG.

its the fact that trying to farm this single farm manages to ruin the entire game mode for anyone who farms Khora. It’s bad design for something DE wants people to regularly play.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s bad design for something DE wants people to regularly play.

If its something you will regularly play then you will eventually get it. If you get all the rewards you wanted in a single try why would you play it?

Farm like everyone else who obtained the bp did or buy the Warframe from the market with money. Its simple. This is a F2P game. The easy choice is and will always be spend $$ if the grind is too much for you. To be honest though, its not.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

However when you make requests like this, please consider the people before you who did grind \. I'm sure they struggled as well. Would that be fair to just move the bp because you personally feel it should be moved?

so? remember how we would get nezha before? things changes, and if we really wants to have a better game, this kind of argument for something shoul.d stop

10 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

so? remember how we would get nezha before? things changes, and if we really wants to have a better game, this kind of argument for something shoul.d stop

Better does not = Easier. Also, people didn't ask for Nezha to be removed from sorties because it was too hard to obtain. Your argument doesn't even make sense to the context.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Better does not = Easier. Also, people didn't ask for Nezha to be removed from sorties because it was too hard to obtain. Your argument doesn't even make sense to the context.

my argument is about how things change. They could make her bp related to the codex pieces we got about venari, for example. Look revenant, he got a small story, but mostly people don't even know why khora is on sanctuary. 

2 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

my argument is about how things change. They could make her bp related to the codex pieces we got about venari, for example. Look revenant, he got a small story, but mostly people don't even know why khora is on sanctuary. 

If this is your argument then it has nothing to do with the context of this thread. Did you even read the OP or my comments before responding? Stop wasting my time.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

If this is your argument then it has nothing to do with the context of this thread. Did you even read the OP or my comments before responding? Stop wasting my time.

you are wasting your time, you could have not answered me.

2 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

If its something you will regularly play then you will eventually get it. If you get all the rewards you wanted in a single try why would you play it?

Farm like everyone else who obtained the bp did or buy the Warframe from the market with money. Its simple. This is a F2P game. The easy choice is and will always be spend $$ if the grind is too much for you. To be honest though, its not.

You can’t argue “it’s F2P” for everything. This is an example of it going too far. We shouldn’t be borderline forced into paying for the frame.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You can’t argue “it’s F2P” for everything. This is an example of it going too far. We shouldn’t be borderline forced into paying for the frame.

Spoiler

This example is not special. Its just regular Warframe grinding. Get over it.

And you're not forced to pay for any frame.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

I wonder if there's just been sort of a "cried wolf" problem on this. Because people DID complain about the past several consecutive frame sources, even if they weren't actually THAT bad. (Except maybe for Gara before bounty rewards got reworked, that was also pretty damn bad.) Then Khora comes along with about a nine hour AVERAGE time to acquire of facegrinding the same awful game mode, and people just kind of dismiss it as "oh everything gets complained about anyhow".

edit: it doesn't much matter to me, though, since I hate cats and don't want Khora

edit edit: 

this guy has a neat post and graph about it. And if you run the examples on the site you can even see how many of the other "bad" grinds are 2-4 hour averages.

Edited by OvisCaedo

vor 18 Minuten schrieb OvisCaedo:

I wonder if there's just been sort of a "cried wolf" problem on this. Because people DID complain about the past several consecutive frame sources, even if they weren't actually THAT bad. (Except maybe for Gara before bounty rewards got reworked, that was also pretty damn bad.) Then Khora comes along with about a nine hour AVERAGE time to acquire of facegrinding the same awful game mode, and people just kind of dismiss it as "oh everything gets complained about anyhow".

edit: it doesn't much matter to me, though, since I hate cats and don't want Khora

The problem is that the system allows huge outliers. I've spent far more than those 9 hours and still haven't gotten a single part of rotation C when I need two. I'm not going to reward DE for this kind of design though and buy the frame, I'm simply going to ignore it, not hard for me to do. And yes, several of the last frames did the same, farming the Gara neuroptics did the same thing to me. I did get lucky on other frames most notably I only had to play the defect mission the minimal ammount of time which was kind of great, but I still think there should be a mitigating factor which stops RNG from really screwing you over. The problem with bullying ppl into buying your stuff is that you can only do it so often before even hardcore addicts stop caring. Give them a good time and they will more readily through money at you.

So an update on this situation is in order.  My clanmate logged in and got a 75% off coupon.  He then ran 4 Sanctuary onslaughts and got nothing but relics for each run.  He got a small loan of 16 plat and paid 81pl for the frame with the 3 pieces still sitting in his foundry.  Congrats DE you succeeded.

On 2018-10-09 at 12:41 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This example is not special. Its just regular Warframe grinding. Get over it.

And you're not forced to pay for any frame.

That attitude right there just really gets under my skin. If you are trying to work toward a goal and that goal lies behind RNG without any way to obtain it other than RNG that is not good gme design.  I'm playing Honkai Impact 3rd and even though it's grind is completely outrageous at least they give you a progression based way to obtain characters and some gear.  There are plenty of tokens to earn to get things.  That is all that they need to implement so that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the severely unlucky. 

On 2018-10-09 at 12:50 PM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

You get more mastery xp for Khora than any other frame. I think working for the blueprint is justified.

50+ runs and not having the BP for what you are farming for is not working for it at that point. 

On 2018-10-09 at 3:05 AM, trndr said:
Khora Blueprint

Rare (5.64%)

The ods arn't that horrible, only the scenes and khora parts are usless when you have one.

If you get sick of the gamemode, run some other for a bit.

The odds are worse than any other frame in the game at the moment. As a clan leader it is my responsibiity to help my clanmates even if I dislike the game mode.  I really wanted a game mode like this but for having to constantly running my head against the rng wall for just 1 piece was just absolute BS.  Nidus was an easier feat for me becaue solo vs infested works much better even to rotation c.  12 mins tops. 15mins + time spent waiting for portal to next zone open adds up quickly. Not to mention the ability to fail if you get multiple big rooms with messed up spawns.

On 2018-10-09 at 9:28 AM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I did the grind as well and I wish no one else to go through it.  Look at the Hema.  That mentality is the reason its stuck with that ridiculous cost to even begin research on it.  We do not need more giant gates like that for free players.  I understand that most are like  'Well I did the grind so should they'  but is that grind all that necessary ? I do not think so.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

I did the grind as well and I wish no one else to go through it.  Look at the Hema.  That mentality is the reason its stuck with that ridiculous cost to even begin research on it.  We do not need more giant gates like that for free players.  I understand that most are like  'Well I did the grind so should they'  but is that grind all that necessary ? I do not think so.

well, alternately, you could just grind for relic, sell the prime part for platinum, wait for the 75% discount ticket and buy Khora from the market... that is what I did to frame that I really dont want to grind, like Gara...

normally I wont defend this kind of F2P model, but for Warframe.. it's a different story, you see 99.9% F2P game out there pay wall everything behind a ridiculous grind to actually force the player to pay out.. but for Warframe, they dont just give you 2 options, grind the drop or buy with cash... in Warframe they give you a 3rd option.. get the premium currency from other players.. 

so there is really absolutely no reason to complain about their model.. this is not like Fire Emblem Heroes or Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Destiny 2... which design to milk all the money from the players... this is a legit game that doesnt require anything from the player other than play time...

Edited by (PS4)calvin_0

2 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

well, alternately, you could just grind for relic, sell the prime part for platinum, wait for the 75% discount ticket and buy Khora from the market... that is what I did to frame that I really dont want to grind, like Gara...

normally I wont defend this kind of F2P model, but for Warframe.. it's a different story, you see 99.9% F2P game out there pay wall everything behind a ridiculous grind to actually force the player to pay out.. but for Warframe, they dont just give you 2 options, grind the drop or buy with cash... in Warframe they give you a 3rd option.. get the premium currency from other players.. 

so there is really absolutely no reason to complain about their model.. this is not like Fire Emblem Heroes or Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Destiny 2... which design to milk all the money from the players... this is a legit game that doesnt require anything from the player other than play time...

Somehow I feel like I've been repeating myself. I HAVE GRINDED AND GOTTEN KHORA. I'm asking for 1 peice to be removed from the abysmal drop table to shorten the grind. You'd think I'm asking for the entire frame. Also your 3rd option is tied to the second option as someone still had to drop cash to get platinum. Also waiting for a discount is even more tedious because again RNG. Do you people even think long term before you speak?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

It's called RNG. It took me a fraction of those runs. Again, RNG.

And again there needs to be an out for people that RNG just dumps on. As mastery is used to determine the power of weapons you can use there needs to be an alternative to keep people from having to burn out grinding for naught, purchasing plat, or playing stock broker in trade chat.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Also your 3rd option is tied to the second option as someone still had to drop cash to get platinum.

duh, if nobody drop any cash in this game, it would get shut down 5 years ago... the dev need a paying salary, server need electricity and online require a business grade bandwidth from ISP, DE itself need to pay rent...

but even if other people drop money into this game, it doesnt mean you cant play this game for 100% free, the 3rd option is what allow you to do so.. which is the only free to play game that allow you to do so..

this is why many Warframe players say, if you feel that you need to drop money in Warframe to progress, you are playing it wrong... if you feel this game is too grindy, then this game isnt for you cause grinding and crafting is the meat of this game.. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

And again there needs to be an out for people that RNG just dumps on.

I spend 6 months breeding a shiny Ralts, it took me more than 6000 eggs to get it, my friend got it with just 2 eggs.. same apply here..

some people complain that it took them a month to get Ivara and I got Ivara with just 4 spy missions.. however it took me 2 weeks to get Excalibur and Ember but it took me 1 hours to get Frost, 20 minutes to get Rhino...

that is how probability works, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you will not..

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

And again there needs to be an out for people that RNG just dumps on. As mastery is used to determine the power of weapons you can use there needs to be an alternative to keep people from having to burn out grinding for naught, purchasing plat, or playing stock broker in trade chat.

You're acting like you purchased this game and the devs are trying to milk you beyond your purchase.

No. Warframe is free. The devs spent months working on the development of Khora and they'd love to get paid for their work. They offer a free option to obtain their months worth of work but they don't make it easy because they need to incentivize those who are impatient, and those who are unlucky to support their game in a sense. It sucks when you can't get what you want but you are far from option less in this game to obtain the things you want.

You yourself made it evident that you have options as your friend used a coupon to alleviate the grind. So stop being a baby and put in the effort everyone else does. If this grind were so ething unreasonable their would be massive community backlash as their always is. Sometimes warranted, sometimes unwarranted followed by developer feedback.

8 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

duh, if nobody drop any cash in this game, it would get shut down 5 years ago... the dev need a paying salary, server need electricity and online require a business grade bandwidth from ISP, DE itself need to pay rent...

but even if other people drop money into this game, it doesnt mean you cant play this game for 100% free, the 3rd option is what allow you to do so.. which is the only free to play game that allow you to do so..

this is why many Warframe players say, if you feel that you need to drop money in Warframe to progress, you are playing it wrong... if you feel this game is too grindy, then this game isnt for you cause grinding and crafting is the meat of this game.. 

I spend 6 months breeding a shiny Ralts, it took me more than 6000 eggs to get it, my friend got it with just 2 eggs.. same apply here..

some people complain that it took them a month to get Ivara and I got Ivara with just 4 spy missions.. however it took me 2 weeks to get Excalibur and Ember but it took me 1 hours to get Frost, 20 minutes to get Rhino...

that is how probability works, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you will not..

8 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You're acting like you purchased this game and the devs are trying to milk you beyond your purchase.

No. Warframe is free. The devs spent months working on the development of Khora and they'd love to get paid for their work. They offer a free option to obtain their months worth of work but they don't make it easy because they need to incentivize those who are impatient, and those who are unlucky to support their game in a sense. It sucks when you can't get what you want but you are far from option less in this game to obtain the things you want.

You yourself made it evident that you have options as your friend used a coupon to alleviate the grind. So stop being a baby and put in the effort everyone else does. If this grind were so ething unreasonable their would be massive community backlash as their always is. Sometimes warranted, sometimes unwarranted followed by developer feedback.

And again I've put in the effort for this frame just like I put in the effort for Equinox. I'm literally asking for 1 part be removed from the drop table to alleviate the level of grind. The time investment here is by far worse than any other none prime frame in the game, but you know what since I'm such a baby I'm just done with this discussion because it's obvious that some people are content with artificial timewalls imposed by use of RNG. 

You should not farm intensively for those kind of frame (khora, ivara etc) but only do it time to time. I used to farm khora only on weekends because more people use to play onslaught on Saturday and Sunday.

I've farmed Ivara parts in one time, got them in one run each and went for the BP two or three weeks after, 7/8 try. It wasn't boring because it was diluted.

Intense farming in one game mode is the worst way to play.