Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Defense

(XBOX)Kuljack

So, Kuva survival is great and all. Personally I still enjoy just hunting down Siphons/Floods, but had a thought that could wiggle in some interesting story expansion.

What if Ordis picked up on some Grineer Channels discussing a new upgrade to the Kuva Siphons that the Queens have been putting together. We go on a couple missions to Capture some of the researchers assigned to the project. Ordis, after some thorough persuasions, determines that the Queens had developed a new design for the Kuva Siphons that collects Kuva in a refined amount, so much so that the traces of it can no longer be detected. (IE to prevent those pesky Tenno from void blasting them). We raid the facility (mobile defense) to collect all the data on these plans and then destroy the research (sabotage) in a combined mission :D

Then the quest provides us with a Kuva Siphon key to upgrade any Kuva Siphon we come across to turn it into a defense. Now instead of blowing off the chords during a Siphon/Flood mission we actually have to protect it for so many waves to suck the kuva from the area dry.

This would be really fun for Floods as the enemies already start at a high level and could make for intense defenses the longer we are able to stay.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

What does this comment have to do with a Kuva Defense?

My guess is he just read the title and assumed the post was related to riven farming. I like the idea, altho instead of being a key you craft and use on the siphon maybe it would work better if the key just unlocked a defense mission in itself like the derelict keys. Would be easier to implement imo. Here comes another thing tho, just how much Kuva would we get per 5 waves and would it be at least equal to what we get from survival for the same amount of gametime? Otherwise people wouldn't see a point in doing them.

17 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

My guess is he just read the title and assumed the post was related to riven farming. I like the idea, altho instead of being a key you craft and use on the siphon maybe it would work better if the key just unlocked a defense mission in itself like the derelict keys. Would be easier to implement imo. Here comes another thing tho, just how much Kuva would we get per 5 waves and would it be at least equal to what we get from survival for the same amount of gametime? Otherwise people wouldn't see a point in doing them.

I'm thinking 500 every 5 waves, but enemies start out at around lv 50.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I'm thinking 500 every 5 waves, but enemies start out at around lv 50.

Hmm, that sounds about right for kuva gain I guess. The enemies should still swarm you zerg-style like they do in Kuva survival as well, one of the more fun sides of it.