Can pls make PC players play wif Console players?

MahjongMaster

Question

8 answers to this question

Right now? No. In the future? Perhaps. Honestly, I would love to see this happen but it depends on the whether the respective consoles would allow warframe to update as often as PC. Since your friend just started playing on console perhaps you can convince him to join you on PC (assuming he has one) before he gains too much progress on the PS4. PC is also currently the ideal platform to play the game since you have faster updates, a better trade market, more frequent plat discounts( I don't know if they even get discounts) and generally more people to play with. 

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Please no. I don't want PC to have to wait for the consoles to get their updates through cert. That's not fair to them.

This. People should also note that PC version is an eternal Beta while consoles aren't and they have more polished builds resulting in better experience.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Please no. I don't want PC to have to wait for the consoles to get their updates through cert. That's not fair to them.

Even putting aside the preferences of the players (which, admittedly, is a major consideration), DE needs PC players to find all the bugs in new updates before they get shipped to consoles because it costs them money to send updates to Microsoft and Sony.  If they released as many small hotfixes and such on console to fix one or two small bugs as they do on PC DE would probably go bankrupt from all the money they'd have to pay.

On top of that, Microsoft and Sony are (for the most part) the ones currently making this impossible, so asking DE to make it happen won't do any good anyway.

Personally if Microsoft and Sony could sort out their issues I'd love to see it made possible in the launcher to switch between the "up-to-date" version and the console version, as this would allow for cross-platform for those who want it, but still allow the PC players who don't want cross platform to get their early access to new updates and find the bugs DE needs to fix.

Edited by xXRampantXx