Fell asleep, again.

(PSN)vidare

Last night, i jumped in a survival, Ani void. Was going for 10min for chanse at two Meso R1.

Some guys joined and keept going past 10min, so i deicided to not extract. Last thing i remember was around 20min, some guy was extracting, and being i was so tired i happily went that direction.

Suddenly i woke up, 10min later, now at 30min mark. In the middle of a room with tons of enemies. Had not died but maybe had been revived. This happens like every time, especially on low level survivals where you hardly can't die.

I am not 20 anymore though and usually have been at work the whole day when i game. But how common is this?

And the next time you woke up you found yourself in this forum with half of the post written?

Edit: Sry dont take this serious 😉 "How common is this", well, if you are 80+ if would say it might be really common, if you are still younger than that i would simply say that you might be too tired from work to play a Videogame anymore and simply should go to bed or do something less stressful. The only time i might have fallen asleep while gaming was maybe at a lan party in the middle of the night after playing for 8h straight more or less, but even then it must have been between rounds, not when i was actually doing something. Dunno, long time ago i was participating in a lan party^^

Edited by DreisterDino

5 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And the next time you woke up you found yourself in this forum with half of the post written?

Edit: Sry dont take this serious 😉 "How common is this", well, if you are 80+ if would say it might be really common, if you are still younger than that i would simply say that you might be too tired from work to play a Videogame anymore and simply should go to bed or do something less stressful. The only time i might have fallen asleep while gaming was maybe at a lan party in the middle of the night after playing for 8h straight more or less, but even then it must have been between rounds, not when i was actually doing something. Dunno, long time ago i was participating in a lan party^^

I am at work now, 5h untill game time 😉

And no not 80, but 40. Maybe a midlife crisis ^^

It is a long long time ago since I last fell asleep in any game and when I did it was usually way into the morning hours. I have fallen asleep a few time guarding keeps in DaoC, during a few world pvp raids in WoW but not really outside of that. I remember falling asleep somewhere in Ashenvale while going to Barrens during the early days of WoW, but that was at 7.30 or so in the morning.

I had a "friend" though that often kept falling asleep while gaming, but he used to be drunk like a skunk very often too, to the point where I simply decided to cut my ties with him.

Glad to see I am not the only person with this trouble. I have to do endless in the mornings when I have a bit of time off, or I can't do them at all. Main reason why I don't like ESO/SO. I start going and then I'm asleep walking into walls, and it doesn't matter if it's ESO, Survival, Defense, it's all the same for me. When it is mindless interaction, I doze off hard.

When I'm working those 12-14 hour days this time of the year, I avoid anything endless. Sorties almost always have Defense or Mobile Defense sadly.

Havent gone to sleep before but have fallen out of chair before doing a tera cap when it was still new.  Was in the zone and not paying attention to how far i was leaning forward in the chair.  Weight shifted forward enough to cause front to slip behind and bam.  Wife and kids saw it and couldnt stop laughing.  Has been almost a year ago and they still bring it up for a good laugh.

I had this happen to me as well, some times past the 40 min mark on survivals as everything just dies so easily, sometimes i think why DE wont just allow people to start missions on higher levels on Solo/Invite Only? If the issue is just how troublesome would that be for matchmaking (public) then just allow it for pre-mades and let public as it is. Matchmaking doesn't get affected and people play at the level the want. Maybe add other modifiers like more eximus or something.

ive fallen asleep once during a mission 

it was for 5 minutes the lotus woke me up 

personally id have some coffee or tea maybe take a break and eat something idk normally when i feel tired like close to sleeping i get up walk around and make some toast it wakes me up 

12 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Glad to see I am not the only person with this trouble. I have to do endless in the mornings when I have a bit of time off, or I can't do them at all. Main reason why I don't like ESO/SO. I start going and then I'm asleep walking into walls, and it doesn't matter if it's ESO, Survival, Defense, it's all the same for me. When it is mindless interaction, I doze off hard.

When I'm working those 12-14 hour days this time of the year, I avoid anything endless. Sorties almost always have Defense or Mobile Defense sadly.

Glad to see i'm not the only one, i have actually had to just close the game in the middle of a sortie defense, it was taking way to long and knew i would fall asleep.

If you fall asleep during play, it's either one of three reasons: your body is too tired, the mission was too boring for you, or you're just plain narcoleptic.

If you play while fighting sleep, you're just doing a disservice to your body. Turn off the game and hit the sack. Sleep deprivation can lead to serious ailments like memory loss and heart disease. I am 46 myself, and I very well know when to turn off the game.

If it's too boring, make a loadout with non-primed, low level and/or damaged mods for your frame and weapons, then jump into the same mission and see what happens.

If you're narcoleptic, well, there you go...

Good idea not to do survival or other long-duration missions when you're tired...actually maybe just survival as thats the only mode where you can't extract when you want.

I like to play a few hours after work, but its usually solo alert missions, Cetus bounties or fishing, where I can be sure the game will finish at a certain time, or whenever I'm ready to quit.

Survival seems to be populated almost entirely by twitch kids armed with endless supplies or Red Bull /Monster / coffee, ready to play until they have to go to school. :wink:

Well, low level missions are boring to the point where you'll fall asleep, I mean, I do them on auto-pilot really. My best suggestion in your situation is to just play puddle hydroid, you can easily take a nap and will still be in puddle when you wake up.

Edited by TheRealShade

2 hours ago, vvhorus said:

it's either one of three reasons:

You missed “under the influence of something sleep/drowsiness inducing”. I would think that could be common too.

I too have fallen asleep during low level survivals. Long day, want to play a few missions. Get stuck on low level survival for an unknown time and wake up to messages saying “hello?” Its always just a combination of being tired and “watching grass grow is about as interesting as the mission”.

Haha this is me lol

Ive found myself falling asleep on multiple occassions.  It usually happens when im mindlessly grinding.  Its because of the day leading up to game time at night.  Work is full on and most times i can only play for like an hour of an evening.  

Its when i try playing for 2-3 hrs on a work day that ill start to nod.

Getting old is fun.