New solo eidolon hunter needing tips

kamyung

Question

So after a few gameplay on plains I have fought with a eidolon and almost won (at that time haven't gotten worrior mod which is the 250HP thing and a amp) I shot down a shield and after a bit confusing found the other shield and got killed (cause I was with nezha (before rework nezha)) and I also notice that when I play online I get lagged like 2 mins for 20 sec gameplay and with solo it was a lot better (but still a bit) so with a new amp, a few frames to pick (got rhino prime already and I am going to build towards chroma but my rhino prime so far 3 forma and a potato and a eidolon lens bought the bp and farmed other things, it boost about 122% damage (planning for 180% after complete forma build) so is it good enough?)

I have Lanka builded and maxed and am gonna put potato and everything (I know about the radiation damage thing and no status) 

So I heard about eidolon lures in camp and things 

So how should I do it solo (I feel like I am ready) what should I do first and any tips for a newbie 

Am open ears to all suggestions and tips and THX in advance for all you nice folks

15 answers to this question

Well, it's not like soloing is absolutely impossible for a newbie, buuut I highly doubt you can do it without proper gear. 1x3 is not hard, certainly even less so if you set your time limit at 50m, but it's 100% not for newbie. ever.
If you're talking about soloing teralyst though, that's very possible. Very.

So, I wont be giving any too confusing tips, considering your position.
 - Don't be shy to join a team. You start somewhere, and it's necessary being helped to have the gear you need. Just put solo in your bucket list, it's not terribly far, but it's going to be a pain and a half if you do it without the tools. Madurai (void strike). Unairu (unairu wisp, potentially better for soloing). Vazarin (only good for non-healer runs to heal lure, no need to consider this for teralyst)
 - Your having a lanka and rhino almost doesnt matter. Make sure to build them right. The mods make the weapon
 - Charge your 1st lure before taking the rest of what you need (in more efficient runs, you do this between spikes)
 - Heal your lure. This is almost why for x3, you won't be able to settle for a rhino/volt without vazarin.
 - Your amp should be x23. If you want to really get into this, that's what you're using. (shraksun scaffold + lohrin)

im lazy so idk what to think anymore. feel free to ask more

Loadout
Personally if I'm going to solo I do it with trinity, build for duration efficiency and ~150 power strength for her 4. For arcanes (if you have access to them) I bring 2 r3 arcane nullifiers. You do not need 2 r3, you can do 1 r3 and 1 r0 or the equivalent in any of the rank combos, i just do 2 r3 because of the extra revive incase you need it. Other options include 2x arcane guardian, grace or whatever you feel like. DO NOT mix and match arcane nullifier though because without two its just not worth packing as you get mag proc'd every other chance its possible to. For operator i recommend building a x23 amp. That is whatever tier prism you want, tier 2 scaffold, and tier 3 brace. Operator arcanes i bring magus elevate and magus vigor. Vigor for survivability, elevate to heal my frame passively. If you want max operator tankiness use magus vigor and magus husk. For your focus tree, use madurai with void strike maxed (if possible) do not rank the node right before it beyond lvl 1 as it only wastes energy. Get the vazarin health, unairu armor, madurai energy waybounds, and naramon energy waybounds if you can as they help out alot. Gear items; bring energy pads, ciphers, ammo pads, and health pads. It would help to bind energy pads and archwing launchers to hotkeys so you can quickly access them, ammo and health aswell if you feel like it but energy pads and archwing launchers are the essentials. For your weapons i would bring a rivened lanka with a crit, radiation build. for your riven you want critical damage and damage/multishot. Best in slot riven for a crit build would be Multishot, damage, critical damage with a negative like status duration. Another essential is a shattering impact sarpa, this will allow you to strip the eidolons armor and allow your lanka to hit alot harder. Do tests to determine how many charged shots is right for you to, personally with corrosive projection as my aura, I use 3 charged shots and i risk half a 4th shot (just tap e for a half) to strip just enough armor to give a good damage boost while not removign the radiation damage bonus. For your archwing i recommend a max range max efficiency itzal build with flight speed. Itzal allows you to hack the lures and get around the fastest.
Edit: For amp arcanes i personally go with virtuous fury since the nerf to adarzas and virtuous strike.

Basic information

Vomnalysts charge lures, you need 3 per lure to have it charged. Charged lures keep the eidolon from teleporting away when you break its links. 2 charged lures are needed for a teralyst capture, 3 for gauntalyst and hydrolyst captures. To have a lure absorb a vomnalyst simply deplete its first health bar with your gun or amp, if the lure is in range itll absorb it. You can also hold charges by killing a vomnalyst and picking up the drop, when you go near a lure itll be absorbed. Charged lures glow blue and have a blue icon, uncharged lures have a yellow icon. To damage an eidolon and break its links you first need to break its shield with your amp. After you have broken its shield, you can attack its links. Take care to destroy a link immediately after you break its shield or itll start to recharge again. If the eidolon starts to recharge its shields again, simply kill the vomnalsts that are linked to it with a blue tendril and you can break the eidolon's shields again. A teralyst has four links, two on its knees, two on its mid arms. Gauntalysts and Hydrolysts have six links, four in the same place as a teralyst, and two on its mid back. Trinity's 4 heals eidolon lures, very useful.

Strategy
(Optional first part) Load in early and start charging void strike so you can take down the shield of the teralyst faster
When night starts (assuming you stayed near the cetus gate) go to the pond to get your first eidolon lure(the pond is directly west of the gate). Keep your eyes open for the pillar of blue light( this is where the eidolon spawns), it helps to mark that place so you can find it easier. If you have itzal, drop a launcher and fly over to the lure, shoot it, use itzal's 2, then use its 1 aiming at the lure, hack it with a cipher, then fly directly back to the gate and wait for vomnalysts to spawn, shoot the vomnalysts and fly close to the ground and touch the ground near them so the lure will teleport to you and absorb them, repeat this till the lure absorbs three and becomes charged. Use energy pads as nessesary throughout the fight to fuel your itzal's 1 and trinity's 4. Fly over to the teralyst. Use your sarpa to strip its armor. Be careful not to strip its armor all the way  as that removes the radiation damage bonus. Break its shields with your amp. As trinity it helps to keep your 4 up to keep the eidolon lures healed. After you break the eidolon's shield, Break one of its links,immediately after, then before it starts getting ready to begin its magnetic proc stage, drop an archwing launcher, go to your lure, press e on it (telling it to stay) and go back to your launcher and fly to the nearest grineer settlement to get another eidolon lure, Two if possible. Then all you need to do is go back to the teralyst with the lures (you now have 2-3). Tell the first lure that you told to stay to follow (Go up to it and press e), and you simply repeat the process of breaking the eidolon's shields, then its link over and over till its final stage where it goes down, and vomnalysts start healing it. I usually dont worry about the vomnalysts healing it because im either charging up a void strike that will one shot it anyway or getting lures. In this stage I usually go and get as many lures as I can. You need a total of 8 lures for a full tridolon. Then I come back to let the lures charge and kill the eidolon, making sure i have at least two charged lures or else the capture will fail. I make sure I have at least three so i can immediately begin killing the gauntalyst. You then pick up the eidolon shards and drops(they drop at the location of the first lure that connected to it. near the eidolon). Go straight to the shrine in the middle of the big lake at the eastern-ish side of the island in the middle of the lake. put your shard in and complete basically the same process of breaking the gauntalysts shields, and then its link. then doing the same for hydrolyst. The only difference between the 3 fights is in the teralyst you should stock up on lures so you dont have to worry about it when you're killing the gaunt and hydro. 

General tips
Use your 4 as trinity to maintain the lure's health. and give you damage reduction. Switch to your operator mode when the magnetic phase starts to avoid damage and charge your void strike. Make sure you have at least one spare lure after the teralyst and gauntalyst fight so you dont have to go charge it and waste time or have to chase the gauntalyst or hydrolyst to start the hunt.

Edited by Linisti

I would not recommend trying solo a Teralyst if you are still using the default Mote amp. Not impossible, but a real PITA and not worth the trouble IMHO.

That should definitely be your first priority, get a decent amp if you don't have one yet.

If you have any other amp besides Mote and a Lanka/Vectis/Rubico, you can defeat a Teralyst easily, assuming you know the mechanics of how the fight goes. Plenty of good advice above about that.

Chroma is very much your best bet for soloing a Teralyst. As for the Gantulyst or Hydrolist. I wouldn't wish soloing those on my worst enemy. It's possible but lord it's like pulling teeth with the way you have to micromanage lures from the pillars of light (of death) and spectres. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I would not recommend trying solo a Teralyst if you are still using the default Mote amp. Not impossible, but a real PITA and not worth the trouble IMHO.

That should definitely be your first priority, get a decent amp if you don't have one yet.

If you have any other amp besides Mote and a Lanka/Vectis/Rubico, you can defeat a Teralyst easily, assuming you know the mechanics of how the fight goes. Plenty of good advice above about that.

I know and I am hunting sentients at Lua (cause no lag and I pretty mush one or two shot them with my Arca plasmor with good riven and rivenless Lenz)and trading them so far I well... kinda getting to the good stuffs

And THX to all the replies and Tbh I am Mr 11 about half to 12 (so far building a lot of stuff to level at hydron) and I actually only intended to hunt the first eidolon first and get some experience

About my rhino and Lanka ,is it good? I have other weapons and frames (but so far no trinity prime cause missing system and don't really like spending plat so I am waiting for the unvaulthing ) I have Oberon ,nezha , Nidus,inaros, mirage prime,Nekros prime,hydroid prime and a wukong in the foundry

and also can someone show me a map of where the first eidolon normally spawn cause it would be a lot easier for me

And also I have a lot of ciphers and I have no archwing launchers so far and can't really be building them now

4 minutes ago, kamyung said:

About my rhino and Lanka ,is it good? I have other weapons and frames (but so far no trinity prime cause missing system and don't really like spending plat so I am waiting for the unvaulthing ) I have Oberon ,nezha , Nidus,inaros, mirage prime,Nekros prime,hydroid prime and a wukong in the foundry

Depends what you have available. Honestly, you don't need much for the Teralyst.

With Rhino, you will want to add as much strength as possible, with enough duration where you feel that it will give you enough time to pop Roar and shoot (maybe 15-20 seconds should be enough. No point adding too much if you're already killing it as it is ).

Add to that a bit of efficiency so Roar and Iron skin don't cost too much.

I suggest just testing and adjusting strength/duration to a point where you feel comfortable. There are plenty of example builds out there, but the important thing is to keep that formula in mind, because like I said, you don't really need to min-max it just for Terry.

Lanka you will want damage, crit and radiation elemental. It's a pretty straight forward build like any other weapon, except that you don't need status at all ( they are immune to it ).

Archwing launcher will save you potential 5 minutes of searching teralyst so if time is an issue with it you might wanna build those, it's pretty easy. Just do the hardest bounty with max loot radar and check every loot, more iradite. Also you won't solo hydrolyst without using archwing because of time restrictions, gantulyst is hard too.

Get Adarza Kavat, 60% flat critical chance bonus for 10 sec every 25 sec or something like that is a must if you're ever gonna solo hydrolyst, and gantulyst will be very hard without it because of time restrictions. It will make teralyst faster and easier too, obviously.

6 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

Archwing launcher will save you potential 5 minutes of searching teralyst so if time is an issue with it you might wanna build those, it's pretty easy. Just do the hardest bounty with max loot radar and check every loot, more iradite. Also you won't solo hydrolyst without using archwing because of time restrictions, gantulyst is hard too.

Get Adarza Kavat, 60% flat critical chance bonus for 10 sec every 25 sec or something like that is a must if you're ever gonna solo hydrolyst, and gantulyst will be very hard without it because of time restrictions. It will make teralyst faster and easier too, obviously.

About the kavat thing I have already install a upgrade segement all I need now is kavat scans and I am thinking of doing the sand of inaros quest cause there is a part where kavat comes out like pellets from a shotgun shell

And for the archwing thing I also would like to do it but my laptop get lags and well I kinda only well... do plains missions for lenses and after that I stopped for a while and it was so far ago about me being able to shoot down a shield and it was without a amp

As for the teralyst spawns? Is it random ? Cause I thought it was like the lures having a fixed position and so I thought they would be like that too

And also what is the best way to farm iradite cause I haven't rank up with the plains people and also have not gotten to be able to build a archwing launcher

And THX for helping

7 minutes ago, kamyung said:

As for the teralyst spawns? Is it random ? Cause I thought it was like the lures having a fixed position and so I thought they would be like that too

And also what is the best way to farm iradite cause I haven't rank up with the plains people and also have not gotten to be able to build a archwing launcher

Teralyst spawn is random, the only non-random thing about it is it always spawns on the edge of a lake or pond. Not sea though.

Best way to farm iradite if you wanna do nothing else but that is to equip Animal Instinct on your companion, Thief's Wit on your waframe (can go to exilus slot) and Loot Detector aura too if you have it, those three mods, then go to Konzu in Cetus and select the highest level bounty and go solo not public. Enter the plains, might wanna fly around with Zephyr, and keep checking your loot radar for everything. You should get around 50 iradite in 10-20 minutes like that without boosters.

That's the fastest way to farm iradite because the higher level bounty iradite deposits give 5 iradite further away from Cetus, instead of 3.

31 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

Teralyst spawn is random, the only non-random thing about it is it always spawns on the edge of a lake or pond. Not sea though.

Best way to farm iradite if you wanna do nothing else but that is to equip Animal Instinct on your companion, Thief's Wit on your waframe (can go to exilus slot) and Loot Detector aura too if you have it, those three mods, then go to Konzu in Cetus and select the highest level bounty and go solo not public. Enter the plains, might wanna fly around with Zephyr, and keep checking your loot radar for everything. You should get around 50 iradite in 10-20 minutes like that without boosters.

That's the fastest way to farm iradite because the higher level bounty iradite deposits give 5 iradite further away from Cetus, instead of 3.

Thx but I don't have Zephyr but I have nezha and energy dash and a lot of energy pods from syndicate and from building

Or I can go max rank and duration Saryn and keep using her 2 and run fast as h***

2 minutes ago, kamyung said:

Thx but I don't have Zephyr but I have nezha and energy dash and a lot of energy pods from syndicate and from building

Or I can go max rank and duration Saryn and keep using her 2 and run fast as h***

Both work, whatever you prefer. Nezha might be better due to tankiness. But you know, the next update should remove archwing charges so you no longer need to farm them anyway. It might come this week, that's what DE said.

2 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

Both work, whatever you prefer. Nezha might be better due to tankiness. But you know, the next update should remove archwing charges so you no longer need to farm them anyway. It might come this week, that's what DE said.

Wow that's helpful and I might actually build the archwing thing now instead of leveling my rank with ostrons

20 hours ago, kamyung said:

So after a few gameplay on plains I have fought with a eidolon and almost won (at that time haven't gotten worrior mod which is the 250HP thing and a amp) I shot down a shield and after a bit confusing found the other shield and got killed (cause I was with nezha (before rework nezha)) and I also notice that when I play online I get lagged like 2 mins for 20 sec gameplay and with solo it was a lot better (but still a bit) so with a new amp, a few frames to pick (got rhino prime already and I am going to build towards chroma but my rhino prime so far 3 forma and a potato and a eidolon lens bought the bp and farmed other things, it boost about 122% damage (planning for 180% after complete forma build) so is it good enough?)

Best way to learn is by joining groups seeing people doing it, so that you can pick up the sequence of things. The Eidolons give off visual and audial clues to what attack is about to happen. YouTube videos and walls of text will only get you so far. You are going to need to know what they are, and how to react. 

Without that experience you are going to have a hard time at first. You also get massive returns in the form of sentient cores so you can level up Quills standing rapidly by tagging along with more experienced players while trying to figure out what you are doing. 

If you run the hunt solo there shouldn't be significant lag. That suggested that your system is struggling. 

20 hours ago, kamyung said:

I have Lanka builded and maxed and am gonna put potato and everything (I know about the radiation damage thing and no status) 

Maxed Lanka by itself is not particularly strong. You're going to want to put multiple formas in and mod it up, even with Rhino's Roar helping you out. 

Like others have said, get a good amp, and gild it. It makes a big difference. 

You also need to have some of the Focus schools done, and I strongly suggest maxing out some of the way bound passives. Unlocking them so that you can use them on any school requires hunting Eidolons so you won't get all of the benefits at first, but the day that you unlock the first one you will make a huge leap in your operator's functionality. 

Regarding arcanes... Yes you will want some, but those come from killing Eidolons. You need 10 of any given type to really benefit. Of course there's RNG involved so expect to have to do dozens before reaping the biggest rewards. (You can probably sell the ones you don't want in trade chat.) 

That archwing is really useful, a must have for many frames. Most of the time you can see the Eidolons energy signature when you get into the Plains. When you can't, you need to get straight up and look around for it. Then mark the Eidolon by pinning a way point to him so that you can find him later. The launchers let you hop from one camp to another looking for 2 lures and get back to the hunt, sometimes you find them quickly, other times it's as though you had to cover half the map before spotting one. 

Good luck, Tenno 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Best way to learn is by joining groups seeing people doing it, so that you can pick up the sequence of things. The Eidolons give off visual and audial clues to what attack is about to happen. YouTube videos and walls of text will only get you so far. You are going to need to know what they are, and how to react. 

Without that experience you are going to have a hard time at first. You also get massive returns in the form of sentient cores so you can level up Quills standing rapidly by tagging along with more experienced players while trying to figure out what you are doing. 

If you run the hunt solo there shouldn't be significant lag. That suggested that your system is struggling. 

Maxed Lanka by itself is not particularly strong. You're going to want to put multiple formas in and mod it up, even with Rhino's Roar helping you out. 

Like others have said, get a good amp, and gild it. It makes a big difference. 

You also need to have some of the Focus schools done, and I strongly suggest maxing out some of the way bound passives. Unlocking them so that you can use them on any school requires hunting Eidolons so you won't get all of the benefits at first, but the day that you unlock the first one you will make a huge leap in your operator's functionality. 

Regarding arcanes... Yes you will want some, but those come from killing Eidolons. You need 10 of any given type to really benefit. Of course there's RNG involved so expect to have to do dozens before reaping the biggest rewards. (You can probably sell the ones you don't want in trade chat.) 

That archwing is really useful, a must have for many frames. Most of the time you can see the Eidolons energy signature when you get into the Plains. When you can't, you need to get straight up and look around for it. Then mark the Eidolon by pinning a way point to him so that you can find him later. The launchers let you hop from one camp to another looking for 2 lures and get back to the hunt, sometimes you find them quickly, other times it's as though you had to cover half the map before spotting one. 

Good luck, Tenno 

Thx and yah I kinda know the eidolon now and well I can't play online in Poe and for the weapons I know I need to forma them and mod very heavily the thing is I have all the mods but the only reason I aint formaing is because I spent a lot of formas helping my clan out on building something and I also need to use the formas I builded to build weapons for Mr and my Saryn and so I pretty much can't be doing formas in the next 24 hours (cause still have two guns to build)

And THX for the help fellow tenno and may RNG be watching over you like the man in the wall