Is it just me or do relays seem lacking?

Matalim

I just wish that there was a reason to visit the relays as thematically they do a great job to tie the game together, however gameplay wise I just don't find myself in relays besides: Baro, Maroo, and the faction leaders. Hate that I have to make the comparison but Destiny does a good job at making use of the tower in comparison to warframes relays. After you've bought all the mods for the syndicate leaders and pvp mods from teshin I only go to relays on weekends. Maybe if someone could open my eyes for something that i'm not seeing please do ❤️
Edit: Forgot about the simulacrum I usually do tests in long survival runs

Edited by Matalim

10 minutes ago, Matalim said:

Maybe if someone could open my eyes for something that i'm not seeing please do

Well, the Simulacrum and MR practice tests are there. Darvo's deals too, if you want to buy stuff.

Aside from that, they are totally pointless.

dunno how long it's been in game, but you can replay the final part of Octavia's Anthem (the jumping puzzle) if you visit Suda. there's even a leaderboard for it. it's probably been there a while, but I don't work for Suda, I'm with Red Veil. it's something to do that's a bit different anyway.

23 minutes ago, Matalim said:

I just wish that there was a reason to visit the relays as thematically they do a great job to tie the game together, however gameplay wise I just don't find myself in relays besides: Baro, Maroo, and the faction leaders. Hate that I have to make the comparison but Destiny does a good job at making use of the tower in comparison to warframes relays. After you've bought all the mods for the syndicate leaders and pvp mods from teshin I only go to relays on weekends. Maybe if someone could open my eyes for something that i'm not seeing please do ❤️

The “Mos Eisley” effect you seek would alienate half the player base because their PCs/Consoles would throw up and die. 😆

I'm going to say they'll be more important when Railjack comes along. If you think about it, Railjack is basically the 'space open world', so it needs an equivalent to Cetus or Fortuna to pick missions up at. Relays fit the bill. Plus, despite dropping the original expansion plans for the relays and trimming out things related to that in Strata, they added unused doors that go out into the docking bay. So, yeah. 

not sure why the #*!% we get a specific relay for trading, relays would be so much more pleasant to visit if the hallways were full of people selling their wares, instead of empty hallways with copypasted NPC's, funny thing is we get a relay specificaly for trading, but i dont really see the need for it, i mean we already had dojos before maroos, so really maroos other than thematically was a pointless addition so far, having a relay where trading is allowed, while the rest of the relays dont have that function doesnt feel like a feature of maroos basar, it just feels like the rest of the relays are lacking something.

edit: worse thing is, we actually have  "relay" thats even a #*!%ing market and you cant even sell in that one, i am talking of course about cetus, you have all these tents that should have merchants in it and we cant even set up shop in them, all this isnt even hard to come up with, just shows the lack of interest that DE puts into previously released stuff. any other game would have had the relays feel alive within a month of their inception to the game, been years since relays were introdcued and they are still just hallways to walk about, with so few things to do that most of the time id rather not do my relay missions cause just traveling to it and facing the empty and monotonous hallways gets on my nerves. you spend more time actually getting to the relay than you spend on the relay itself.

jumping into a relay right now feels like having to load your orbiter two times in a row before your desired mission.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

On 2018-10-09 at 9:58 PM, Matalim said:

Yeah I love them but wish there was more too them. So much character here and a lot of potential. That said I love what they did with the pyrus project to make some individual relays. Can’t wait to see the next ones theme, I now go to strata relay when I have to because it looks so sick.