Dual Dual Stat Mods

Jeff_Anyo

Have you always wanted a corrosive gas build, maybe youre more of a viral gas type of tenno.

How about adding Dual Dual Stat Mods? 30% Magnetic Damage +30% Status chance.
Obviously that's not such a good idea since every1 will have everything and it's not like we have alot of freedom in modding right now so why mess it up even more?
But what if they have a cap (like how you cant equip 2 riven mods, or 2 of any mod) that will only let you have 2 of the combos, like you normally would be able to get.

E.g A braton with 1 gas dual stat mod, Rime Rounds and Malignant Force will have 7.9 Impact, 7.9 Puncture, 8.2 Slash, 7.2 Gas, 28.8 Viral and 15% Status Chance. You wont be able to equip any of the other dual stat mods as a handicap.

What are your thoughts? Maybe it doesn't even need a handicap?

I dont think it will be used a lot, because the handicap seems harsh, but i understand the necessity of the restriction.

Other than the exact numbers used, I think the idea is pretty cool, because I really always wanted to use corrosive without blast and stuff like that.

1 minute ago, HEA-Devazone said:

how about corrupted secondary.element mods
+90% Corrosive
 -60%  Blast

Thats way too convenient, and its not a corrupted mod if you dont have blast on your weapon, just a good normal mod.
Thats a good idea tho, +??% Corrosive -??% Damage/Fire rate/Recoil/even multishot (but not too much we like multishot :((( )

Got to be honest I wouldn't mind a 'combo element' mod, I've got a few builds where I'd have liked to add a 'utility' mod but needed to use the mod space for the other elemental mod instead.   Personally I don't mind the 1 mod restriction. 

Having said that we have been asking for the ability to combine elements how we wanted to for ages, some of us have wanted gas/heat for example but we can't have that (outside built in elements on weapons) due to the automatic 'combining' of elements.  So it would be nice if 'elemental' damage had some 'improvements' in one way or another. 

good idea, but i would rather have them do 60%-75% mag/viral/etc. damage with no status chance, current dual mods are suposed to fulfill that role, if youre to introduce a mod with combined stats i think you should only focus on damage, mainly cause it gives a choice, if you want to go for higher status you just pile up dual stat mods, but if your weapon has enough or mediocre status already, youll most likely want damage only or a combination of dual/combined , giving making it 30% damage 30% status, gives you mediocre damage and 30% status chances its pretty useless most of the time in a rounded build, so it ends up essentially being 30% x damage and thats way too low to be considered for mod slot, if they are to be used and really give us choice they have to be good enough.

12 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

good idea, but i would rather have them do 60%-75% mag/viral/etc. damage with no status chance, current dual mods are suposed to fulfill that role, if youre to introduce a mod with combined stats i think you should only focus on damage, mainly cause it gives a choice, if you want to go for higher status you just pile up dual stat mods, but if your weapon has enough or mediocre status already, youll most likely want damage only or a combination of dual/combined , giving making it 30% damage 30% status, gives you mediocre damage and 30% status chances its pretty useless most of the time in a rounded build, so it ends up essentially being 30% x damage and thats way too low to be considered for mod slot, if they are to be used and really give us choice they have to be good enough.

I do think it should be more than 30% but just put that value for good measure. I don't think 30% is that low tho, if you could add specific 90 mods to boost the damage of the stat per se.

Edited by Obrigado

il y a 26 minutes, Obrigado a dit :

I do think it should be more than 30% but just put that value for good measure and not to get S#&$ on. I don't think 30% is that low tho, if you could add specific 90 mods to boost the damage of the stat per se.

if youre going to get other mods to boost the damage of the stat why not simple go with a combination of raw status damage mods and be done with it? i thought the whole point of having a combined mod would be to achieve that mix of damage withouth worrying for a fully fledged status build, if you give it 30%-45% youre only giving it half your damage as status damage, if you intend to do damage with it, thats useless compared to the whole damage of the weapon, and thus it wont warrant the slot most of the time (unless redundant mods like hornet strike get removed with the inclusion of these mods), if you just make it a weak damage mod with a weak status chance, what youre essentially asking here is for a fodder mod that youll throw in just to boost condition overload by having an extra status, and thats all theyll be used for.

lets say its 30%, you do a build with two dual stats fire+ice. blast, thats 120% of your weapon damage as blast, then you get a combined mod with 30% chance 30% magnetic, now your weapon has a negligible 30% status chance and 30% magnetic, this wont even be usefull for a status weapon because 30% of your weapon damage means not many of your procs will be magnetic and sure 30% status is nice but do we really need more status chance boosting mods? on a status weapon? 

now lets do the same scenario with a pure damage weapon, lets say you have a 150 slash damage weapon (after 7 mods) now you throw in the combined mod with 30% magnetic and 30% chance, chance is useless here because we stated its a pure damage weapon, so now youre wasting your slot for a wooping 30% magnetic damage, hope youre not relying on those procs because there wont be many, also hope youre not relying on the effectiveness of magnetic against X enemy, cause the slash damage on your weapon will most likely be still higher than the magnetic.

edit: you have to remember that two combined 90% status damage mods, equate to 180% magnetic/rad/etc of your weapons damage, if you think about it 1 slot for 30% x damage or 2 slots for 180% x damage, i dont know it doesnt seem like a good tradeoff.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

2 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

if youre going to get other mods to boost the damage of the stat why not simple go with a combination of raw status damage mods and be done with it? i thought the whole point of having a combined mod would be to achieve that mix of damage withouth worrying for a fully fledged status build, if you give it 30%-45% youre only giving it half your damage as status damage, if you intend to do damage with it, thats useless compared to the whole damage of the weapon, and thus it wont warrant the slot most of the time (unless redundant mods like hornet strike get removed with the inclusion of these mods), if you just make it a weak damage mod with a weak status chance, what youre essentially asking here is for a fodder mod that youll throw in just to boost condition overload by having an extra status, and thats all theyll be used for.

lets say its 30%, you do a build with two dual stats fire+ice. blast, thats 120% of your weapon damage as blast, then you get a combined mod with 30% chance 30% magnetic, now your weapon has a negligible 30% status chance and 30% magnetic, this wont even be usefull for a status weapon because 30% of your weapon damage means not many of your procs will be magnetic and sure 30% status is nice but do we really need more status chance boosting mods? on a status weapon? 

now lets do the same scenario with a pure damage weapon, lets say you have a 150 slash damage weapon (after 7 mods) now you throw in the combined mod with 30% magnetic and 30% chance, chance is useless here because we stated its a pure damage weapon, so now youre wasting your slot for a wooping 30% magnetic damage, hope youre not relying on those procs because there wont be many, also hope youre not relying on the effectiveness of magnetic against X enemy, cause the slash damage on your weapon will most likely be still higher than the magnetic.

I'm not looking for specifics in values or negatives and such, just general ideas for the combined status mods. Just gave some random stats, doesn't have to be 30%, doesn't have to be +Status chance, can be -Primed Warm Coat for the sake of the example. Instead of going head to head with the specifics of the first message you could look for a solution.

à l’instant, Obrigado a dit :

I'm not looking for specifics in values or negatives and such, just general ideas for the combined status mods. Just gave some random stats, doesn't have to be 30%, doesn't have to be +Status chance, can be -Primed Warm Coat for the sake of the example. Instead of going head to head with the specifics of the first message you could look for a solution.

not going head to head stop being so touchy, im giving an explanation as to why it needs to be a higher number instead of something low like 30%. jeez, people on the internet these days.

12 minutes ago, Obrigado said:

If we're talking about specific values how about 60% Corrosive/Gas/etc and -25% Damage?

That sounds more realistic, but as has been said most elements outside corrosive and rad r useless

Edited by (PS4)sealed_jsword1
I can see tryhards using this combo for specific enemies

1 minute ago, (PS4)sealed_jsword1 said:

That sounds more realistic, but as has been said most elements outside corrosive and rad r useless

I mean is Warm Coat useful? Not really, but you do have the option of slotting it in your build, having extra options wont hurt.
Other than that i could see myself using Gas and Viral alot.

Ya know, ya could just have like mods which are +60% Radiation/+30% status chance for the combined element mods just for the kicks, with high drains of like 11 rather than 7. I always liked having both Radiation and Corrosive on the same gun so why not?

Also, 60/60 mods for IPS at 7 drain are long overdue.

Another option could be to instead have "True element" mods where they are only the base elements and also do not stack with other elemental mods of a different type. 

I.e True fire + electricity + fire = Fire and rad damage

The base elemental procs are pretty much just single target CC and a DOT so it wouldn't be as strong as having an extra combo element and weapons with those unique 'passives' will still stay relevant in their own way.

EDIT: Will also say it could be limited to 1 per weapon or just uncapped completely, but that would probably be way too OP for condition overload.

Edited by More-L

il y a 11 minutes, (PS4)sealed_jsword1 a dit :

If were talking melee with condition overload u have a broken weapon

hes talking about the status they apply, one does % health, the other is a great CC on aoe weapons, and the toxic procs ignore defenses.i believe, fire panics, blast puts robotics to shame and knocks down, magnetic reduces shields, impact ragdolls just cause the guy on youtube said you should mod for corrosive doesnt mean its the only usefull status out there, theres more to elements than raw damage, in fact im pretty sure corrosive its not a good choice on corpus, dont quote me on anything tho.

15 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

hes talking about the status they apply, one does % health, the other is a great CC on aoe weapons, and the toxic procs ignore defenses.i believe, fire panics, blast puts robotics to shame and knocks down, magnetic reduces shields, impact ragdolls just cause the guy on youtube said you should mod for corrosive doesnt mean its the only usefull status out there, theres more to elements than raw damage, in fact im pretty sure corrosive its not a good choice on corpus, dont quote me on anything tho.

Your right, corrosive overall is useless for the corpus, the only ones that have armor of the top of my head are Oxium Ospreys and Bursas. Gas, Toxin, and Electric are all great status for them. Honestly, the only truly bad status/elemental is magnetic since slash, toxin, and gas goes through shields. Probably Impact and Puncture too for being lackluster.

Even remotely normal drain and no downsides on a mod that would normally take 2 slots to create the element are not reasonable at all.

The gain should only be that you are spending one slot. No other positives added. Heavy drain, something underused like D. Forbidden on anything with innate compound elements or made to count innate elements as part of the limit.