Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon, a year later.

(PSN)bigob_84

The Plains need some T.L.C.  Entering and exiting is still a nightmare,  it takes a long time to enter, and trying to leave is worse.  If you go from your ship to the Plains, run around for 20 minutes in a public map. You are stuck till you convince someone to leave with you. 

Survival and Defense maps are easily the most popular things to do in Warframe,  so doing this on the Plains might be hard.  But it might be cool if you could make 2 new caves, one for survival, and one for defense, I think doing this in a cave would be awesome. 

While I am thinking about Warframe, Kubrows need a buff.

My 5 Forma Helamith Charger, gets K.O. from level 30s,  it is unthinkable to bring it into a shortie.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

My 5 Forma Helamith Charger, gets K.O. from level 30s,  it is unthinkable to bring it into a shortie.

Then don't bring it to sorties, or use a different companion.

Edited by --Q--Captain

The whole game is an unbalanced mess. I wish we were getting a Damage 3.0 that pissed a lot of people off to slap the game into a good place to accommodate challenge AND power fantasy.
Plains were DOA for me. Bunch of useless grinding for materials to be allowed to craft things I don't care about and interact with characters I think are annoying. The free-roam aspect is ok, but without a goal, there's no reason for me to do it. Yay, high MR...

2 hours ago, Max7238 said:

The whole game is an unbalanced mess. I wish we were getting a Damage 3.0 that pissed a lot of people off to slap the game into a good place to accommodate challenge AND power fantasy.
Plains were DOA for me. Bunch of useless grinding for materials to be allowed to craft things I don't care about and interact with characters I think are annoying. The free-roam aspect is ok, but without a goal, there's no reason for me to do it. Yay, high MR...

You’re aware that damage 2.5 wouldn’t make the game harder. It would just make it worse.

Well PoE was the first time DE made an enviromemt like it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And they said at Tennocon that it will be updated. Anything that future free roam areas come with will backfit to PoE.

I asked a question at Tennocon on a panel about seeing craftible bows making it on PoE, that could still happen. 

I think once they have 2-3 free roam areas they will revisit them and add future content to them. It would only add to the longevity to them. 

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duachim

I still think PoE was one of the worst ideas they ever acted on, but it sure seemed to be popular regardless. I'm really skeptical of all of the claims that they'll have learned more and that Fortuna will be way better, because if anything it only sounds like they've been missing the point harder with that supposed 4-5 times the map size when they couldn't even make the Plains have any real justification for their space.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

This is entirely on you.

3 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

it takes a long time to enter

This is largely affected by your connection and your ability to load the instance.

3 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

doing this on the Plains might be hard

There are little to no obstructions. It would be beyond trivial to do these in the open. The caves offer nothing the "old" maps don't. 

hace 3 horas, (PS4)bigob_84 dijo:

You are stuck till you convince someone to leave with you

Don't have to. Just select leave squad option and you will load the solo mode of the plains KEEPING your actual position AND your rewards. 

If you finish a bounty and you want to stay around, leave squad and go around the plains.

If you are the only one in the squad who wants to go back to Cetus, leave squad, go to extraction and done.

¿You wanted to go solo but, forgot to set the solo mode and you are already entering the plains with a squad? Don't have to go back to Cetus, just leave squad and you will be ready to go.

If only we could do that in survival missions...

28 minutes ago, AdriXL said:

Don't have to. Just select leave squad option and you will load the solo mode of the plains KEEPING your actual position AND your rewards. 

If you are the only one in the squad who wants to go back to Cetus, leave squad, go to extraction and done.

Well that is a well guarded secret!  

The pont is we shouldn’t have to.

Edited by (PS4)bigob_84
Derp moment

A year later, and I still can't stand going to the Plains, can't stand fishing, can't stand mining, and can't stand Eidolon fights. A year later, and it's still the worst open world experience I've ever had.

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

I still think PoE was one of the worst ideas they ever acted on, but it sure seemed to be popular regardless. I'm really skeptical of all of the claims that they'll have learned more and that Fortuna will be way better, because if anything it only sounds like they've been missing the point harder with that supposed 4-5 times the map size when they couldn't even make the Plains have any real justification for their space.

Plains of Eidolon is open world done wrong, simple as that. But that's to be expected when there's a focus on fishing and mining (based on games like No Man's Sky and Breath of the Wild) instead of on immersive, interactive, and engaging combat-focused gameplay (based on games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin's Creed Origins, Ghost Recon Wildlands, etc, games that actually do open world right).

4 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

While I am thinking about Warframe, Kubrows need a buff.

I disagree, kubrow and kavat survivability scales the same so you might as well talk about them both. And you just need to get Link Health, Link Armor and Link Shields mods, they cost like 50p total in warframe.market the last time I checked. Also your pet's armor, health and shield scale with that of your warframe's when using those mods, meaning when you use them and the tankiest warframe with tank build max your pet will most likely not die once in sorties. I run Inaros with 8k health 760 armor and my pet has then like 13k health 1k armor and it can survive so well. Especially with Medi-pet Kit mod and the mod that heals your pet when you melee, then your pet can't die in sorties if you keep meleeing all the time.

So no, kubrows AND kavats don't need a buff in survivability. Kubrows might need some love ability-wise compared to kavats but that's it.

8 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

Kubrows need a buff.

we know. IIRC, Scott said in a devstream that he wanted to start working on Pets 2.0, but this was before DE went full steam ahead on Fortuna development (and look what that's done to the forums), so chances are it's one of many things piled on DE's backburner right now. once Fortuna is out the way, we'll need to press the issue, especially with MOA companions possibly offering yet another more powerful alternative to our space mutts and infested doggies.

Pet is mostly viable with tanky frame.

And by tanky I mean the frame with good hp or armor, not by skill.

Inaros,  Valkyr and Nidus are my preferred picking if I want to bring pets along. They even become immortal if using umbral mod of those frames.

Edited by dEjAvU5566

13 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:
13 hours ago, (PS4)bigob_84 said:

You are stuck till you convince someone to leave with you

Escape > move your mouse on your name > leave squad. 

There you go, you can leave whenever you want, you keep everything, and you can extract solo.