How add energy to excavator in solo excavation mission with no Power Carrier?

Leoffta

Question

17 answers to this question

They don't take ten minutes, most of the time they actually end up stuck in some places, so its best to run around the side rooms where the excavator shows up. But i do agree it is slow.

And no there is now way of adding energy other than power carriers.

Edited by AndouRaiton

2 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

They don't take ten minutes, most of the time they actually end up stuck in some places, so its best to run around the side rooms where the excavator shows up. But i do agree it is slow.

And no there is now way of adding energy other than power carriers.

Nope, I have gone to other side of map, no carrier...

Better activate 10 excavators that wait 1 spawn...

Edited by Leoffta

14 minutes ago, Leoffta said:

Power Carriers takes 10 minutes to spawn in solo mode...

Carriers have a limited number of spawns, if they get stuck or there are too many cells left behind somewhere, they wont spawn anymore and you may have to backtrack and deliver some of those cells for the spawning to restart.

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Carriers have a limited number of spawns, if they get stuck or there are too many cells left behind somewhere, they wont spawn anymore and you may have to backtrack and deliver some of those cells for the spawning to restart.

0 cells behind and no carrier, I used my operador to look half of map, meanwhile had 30 enemys trying destroy the excavators...

Edited by Leoffta

Just go to next excavator if no carriers are showing up. And don't kill the ones you meet on your way to next excavator - lure them to next excavator, then kill them and have a stockpile next to the new excavator. I mean, if you can survive couple of shots then kill all mobs except carriers when going for excavator and don't move too fast so they don't get lost chasing you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

Just go to next excavator if no carriers are showing up. And don't kill the ones you meet on your way to next excavator - lure them to next excavator, then kill them and have a stockpile next to the new excavator. I mean, if you can survive couple of shots then kill all mobs except carriers when going for excavator and don't move too fast so they don't get lost chasing you.

I tried, I just left the old excavator die to spawn 2 new ones, still, only 1 carrier spawned in the process ( I was return to old excavator location for check, also I killed all mobs, I was also playing as nekros to try spawn more power cells...)

28 minutes ago, schilds said:

If you're not killing enemies, new ones don't spawn.

I killed 100 enemys, no carrier was spawned, only others enemys and corrupted ones (I was in a void fissure mission...)

Yup there was once I played as hydroid on heiracon (cause the tentacle is pretty good and I had a good strength) and I killed a power carrier while 3 excavators was active and I litterally keep traveling through the map and find power carriers

Excavation while solo is one of the worst missions I have did cause I litterally go activate one and run to the second one to active it and do the same thing

I really couldn't even have one being finished.

mobs sometimes clog up, literally clog up especially in the earlier rotations. Some spawn and stop because they are too far, they are usually far slower than you are and they can sometimes end up body blocking eachother start to spin in small circles. They stream more steadily later on but can still clog up in choke points.

16 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I rarely have this problem when using a Nekros. Just Desecrate away...

I use nekros in solo because I always have this problem in solo... in squad we power cells to feed the whole excavators and the cousins too!

1 hour ago, voltocitygel said:

The fewer squaddies you have with you in an excavation, the more trouble you'll have. Just go with random people if you can. It'll go better. 

Random does random extrations...

Edited by Leoffta

3 minutes ago, Leoffta said:

I use nekros in solo because I always have this problem in solo... in squad we power cells to feed the whole excavators and the cousins too!

Random does random extrations...

This is true. 

What I usually do is just avoid excavation like the plague. Only go in there with a team of friends wearing full hazmat suits, to continue the metaphor.