Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Background for UI is bugged

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

When you look in UI customization where you can buy themes and backgrounds you can preview how the backgrounds are supposed to work.

The grineer background features a triangle like shape as it's focal point.  In the preview your Warframe will sit directly centered in the center of the triangle... however when logging in it looks like absolute wrong and does not look the same at all, the Warframe and triangle do not line up and frankly it looks awful.   Bearing in mind - Virtuvian Background preview with the Warframe in the center of the Oval... which is where they are in the login screen as well.  I don't see why that one works as displayed in the preview, but this one doesn't.  I.e. the other backgrounds preview as they will show in the login screen, Grineer doesn't.

It seems as per a comment down below that this in fact a bug, the Background functions fine on PC.  I use the PS4 PRO.  I do not know if this happens on regular PS4's or Xbox systems.  If you are Pro user, beware.  

Preview:
pnOz27G.jpg

What it actually looks like:
qyMcNoJ.jpg

Edited by NovusNova
Edited title

2 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

A more productive use of your time might be to just file a bug report?

I already sent a support ticket in.  I can't file bug reports because the Post button is gone in the PS4/Xbox area while they work on it.  And finally this is also a bit of a service announcement so other people don't waste plat on this garbage.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Just now, (XB1)MerlensMagic said:

Look where the knees are bent... They're not centered either and looks just as bad to me.  Been like this for a while, I just learned to live with it

Yes I did notice that too - but that's atleast slightly tolerable.... this completely mismatched preview is unacceptable though.  You can't show people one thing and then sell them another.  

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MerlensMagic said:

It's not as though you tried to buy a blue car and got a red one.. if it's that big of an issue, try zen desking it, not much anytime can do on the forums

Ss looks more like op bought a blue car and got a dented blue car though. 

But yeah that looks totally fcked. Probably not intentional. Hope not, at least.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MerlensMagic said:

It's not as though you tried to buy a blue car and got a red one.. if it's that big of an issue, try zen desking it, not much anyone can do on the forums

I did Zen Desk it as mentioned above.  I'm not here looking for your guys' help but to inform people so they don't fall into this trap the same way.  A post like this can potentially save other unsuspecting souls some plat.

A more accurate comparisson would be like if I was buying decals for my car - and the guy showed me pictures in the book of racing stripes on the top of the car - but when I buy it the stripes are on the doors instead.   I know you may have accepted it months ago - but really let's not sit and make excuses for them now.   You can't honestly sit there and tell me I got what I paid for, I didn't. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

3 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well its not exactly "falsely advertised". It does look the same...its just not aligned correctly.

Probably just down to some bad coding that can hopefully be fixed fairly easily.

Reminds me of some of the early web pages I designed. :laugh:

I remember the good ol days of HTML sites lol

I still think this is false advertising by definition though, because false advertising is literally advertising incorrect information on a product.  I would consider misalignment among that, whether intnentional or not.  The preview was the information used to entice a sale, and it was incorrect.  

It looks like the background isn't getting the proper adjustment, probably an easy fix if the devs are made aware of it (offsets are probably calculated from the middle of the screen since a) it's easy to find and, b) ultra-wides are a thing).

No need to for the drama lama language... "falsely advertised", "garbage", "unacceptable". Is any of this true when the issue is resolved? Not particularly.

19 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

No need to for the drama lama language... "falsely advertised", "garbage", "unacceptable". Is any of this true when the issue is resolved? Not particularly.

Look man, when I buy something that isn't what it looked like at the time of purchase, I do consider that all 3 of those things.  Please don't try to police how I speak.

Of course it's not true WHEN the issue is resolved... but is the issue resolved?  No... no it isn't.  In its current state, this is unacceptable and falsely advertised garbage.   I'm not going to sit here and sing songs of praise about it because it might get fixed down the line - that doesn't even make sense.  

There seems to be alot of "you can't feel this way" or "your feeling are wrong" mentality around here.  I'm mad.  I'm frustrated and I feel like I've been cheated.  You don't get to tell me how I should and shouldn't feel.  This is my money that I work for, when I buy something I expect some consistency in how its displayed vs how I get it.

Is it possible it's just an error - sure, doesn't detract from the fact it's currently not what it was supposed to be.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

27 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I'm not going to sit here and sing songs of praise

Bug reports work fine enough.

Look man, when I buy something that isn't what it looked like at the time of purchase, I do consider that all 3 of those things. 

Tennogen (iirc) weren't getting any colour tints save for the default years back. There are no threads of people using hyperbole and drama as some expression of indignation. 

There are threads of people bringing this to the devs attention, and as it stands, people are none the wiser about that ever happening. 

Please don't try to police how I speak.

There seems to be alot of "you can't feel this way" or "your feeling are wrong" mentality around here.  I'm mad.  I'm frustrated and I feel like I've been cheated.  You don't get to tell me how I should and shouldn't feel. ..

No one told you anything other than stating the hyperbole was unneeded. How you "feel" about that feedback, is on you. 

In its current state, this is unacceptable and falsely advertised garbage.  

Not really. 

If i buy a phone and two weeks later it dies, i don't start a public discussion on the truthfulness of the advertising clearly showing a working phone. I can take the phone back and get it swapped, or i can get it fixed, with no cost to myself.

Both of these options are available here. You can ask for you money back (which it seems you have done), or you can post a bug report to get it fixed. That should be the end of it if your issue was resolved.  

EDIT:

As a point that this is just an example of indignation. At no point does it state that the images are to align. You've made that assumption on your own. The "slight" (as it may be) was self inflicted. 

Edited by MillbrookWest

24 minutes ago, seprent said:

ive been squinting at the 2 i dont see a difference except maybe the orange is abit brighter but that might be my eyes trying to get me to stop staring at it 

How do you not notice the volt in the center of the triangle in one picture but beside it in the other?  

46 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Bug reports work fine enough.

EDIT:

As a point that this is just an example of indignation. At no point does it state that the images are to align. You've made that assumption on your own. The "slight" (as it may be) was self inflicted. 

If you read even the first response of this topic you would know I'm not doing this to report a bug - and even if I was, the PS4 and Xbox bug report sections are currently not useable.

I don't really care what you would, wouldn't, do or don't, say in these situations.  Stop trying to police me.  I'll use "hyperbole" if I want because it's proportional to what I'm feeling.  I also don't consider it hyperbole in the first place, you do.

And to respond to your edit, it's funny all the other previews function exactly how I was expecting.  It wasn't just some baseless assumption.   There is evidence supporting that this was not the intended outcome.  The product shown, and the product delivered do not match up the way all the other themes do.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

12 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

If you read even the first response of this topic you would know I'm not doing this to report a bug.

Probably should lead with a bug report, and allow other users to add to the report. If it i systemic, it comes through this way. Escalate if the devs slack off. Escalating a rather non-issue, is really only your issue.

I don't really care what you would, wouldn't, do or don't, say in these situations.  Stop trying to police me.

You're creating a bit of a strawman...

And to respond to your edit, it's funny all the other previews (except Contrast as mentioned above) function exactly how I was expecting.  It wasn't just some baseless assumption.  

All the more credence to it being a bug...

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

try to sympathize why somebody would be angry about this.  The product shown, and the product delivered do not match up the way all the other themes do.  

I was one of those people who bought a bugged tennogen item... for real money mind.

Edited by MillbrookWest

5 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Probably should lead with a bug report, and allow other users to add to the report. If it i systemic, it comes through this way. Escalate if the devs slack off. Escalating a rather non-issue, is really only your issue.

You're creating a bit of a strawman...

All the more credence to it being a bug...

I'm not creating a stawman... you were the one who attacked the words I used, instead of focusing on the message itself... that IS a strawman.... If you stop telling me how to speak and focus on the issue at hand - the background, then it's simple, there's no strawman on either side.  

I didn't pay for a bug, that's why I'm upset and I think it's warranted when there's actual financial loss involved.  I've also never said it wasn't a bug - but that doesn mean in the current state that because of the bug the theme is being falsely advertised.  Believe it or not false advertising doesn't have to malicious or intentional - it just has to be wrong.  And when I buy something that is wrong - I consider it UNACCEPTABLE.  So I really do stand by my adjectives and descriptors.  

(And the other gem I cooked up like calling it garbage only came in the comments, because as you can see i'm becoming increasingly agitated with how everybody rushes in to defend DE instead of understanding the consumers perspective.)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

If you stop telling me how to speak and focus on the issue at hand

The only issue is the perceived indignation. For which it was stated the drama is not needed since a bug report suffices.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

that's why I'm upset and I think it's warranted when there's actual financial loss involved.

If DE refund you, there is no loss. See the phone example above.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

to defend DE instead of understanding the consumers perspective.

Or perhaps there is just an issue in the way you convey your message... hence the feedback you got.