Jump to content
  • 0

Tips for soloing ESO?


(PSN)OriginalEquinox
 Share

Question

I used to play regular onslaught once in a while for the focus and had no trouble going to wave 10 before I run out of efficiency, then recently I tried ESO with a couple clanmates and was lucky enough to get the Lato blueprint and received in one attempt, so I decided to make a umbral Saryn with a lot of hp and armour and solo that mode but the most I could do is wave 4-5 before my efficiency meter drops, and the problem isn't me not killing enough it's the enemy spawn rate not being enough to keep the meter up.

If there's anyone here who farms there regularly, any tips and advice to get to wave 8 would be appreciated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
10 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

and the problem isn't me not killing enough it's the enemy spawn rate not being enough to keep the meter up.

The issue IS that your'e not killing fast enough, or else enemies WOULD be spawning fast enough.  There's a very simple correlation in ESO, Faster you kill, faster things spawn.   Realistically you are probably not capable of killing fast enough even if you can nuke the map constantly.  ESO is not meant to be solo'd. 

I'm not saying it's impossible but just join public games and save yourself the stress if you want the parts... unless you're doing it for some sort of personal accomplishment, in which case good luck. 

Most 4 man teams see themselves sitting at 50-60% by round 8.... 4 man teams.  Even they can't stave off the loss of Efficiency forever... but it reinforces my point, ESO is not meant to be soloable.  Only super optimized teams can even go much further than 8.  Most public 4 manners will fail in Round 9 or 10.  A single player trying to reach 8 alone is just going to have a bad time.  All it takes is one of the bigger rooms where you can't nuke everything, and all of a sudden your spawns and thereby efficiency are plummeting - this is where other players come in as they'd normally cover the areas you can't.   There are in-fact rooms in ESO that even max Range cannot cover in a nuke.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Try a Saryn for Nuking

Trinity Warframe Spectres for EV and occasional Well of Life so you heal as you kill.
Zenurik Energizing Dash for energy regeneration (so you are not limited to Energy Siphon but can add Corrosive Projection or Growing Power)
and bring 200 Large + 200 Medium energy restores. 


I suppose you need to handle all the killing of 3 - 4 players, so before attempting solo
you can try whatever loadout you intend to run ESO solo with in a squad, 

if you are capable of dealing 60% or more damage + sum of remainder 3 teammate's kill count  (meaning your kill count is more than the total of the other 3)
and took least damage (basically 0 revive throughout mission)

Then the loadout you have is kind of appropriate for solo run since you basically handled the majority of the mission's enemy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

you can use consumables now?

Damn, forget to check the rules, Gear wheel disabled.

Since I run sanctuary onslaught with Trinity I basically forget about using the gears and spectre.

gonna test with saryn and energizing dash to see if it is possible.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

The issue IS that your'e not killing fast enough,

Maybe but there are times where I literally have to stop and wait for someone to spawn so I can kill them, maybe some gets stuck in corners of the map reducing the spawn rate though.

 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I'm not saying it's impossible but just join public games and save yourself the stress if you want the parts... unless you're doing it for some sort of personal accomplishment, in which case good luck. 

No o don't have anything to prove to myself, it's just that things like timezones and irl stuff are a big factor when finding teams for ESO, also a common thing I see is people leaving at absolutely random times when playing with pubs groups, so I just want to try soloing It to avoid all those complications.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Maybe but there are times where I literally have to stop and wait for someone to spawn so I can kill them, maybe some gets stuck in corners of the map reducing the spawn rate though.

No o don't have anything to prove to myself, it's just that things like timezones and irl stuff are a big factor when finding teams for ESO, also a common thing I see is people leaving at absolutely random times when playing with pubs groups, so I just want to try soloing It to avoid all those complications.

You will find that's exactly what's happening, all it takes is an enemy or two to be stuck out of your range and it grind it to a halt.  There is already a small delay at times between spawns and a rogue enemy can exasperate it.

I have also seen what you say where people leave at random times, usually because they are looking for Rotation A or B items, but honestly you are still better off chancing it with them in publics.  

The slowest time of the day is Australia's prime gaming hours, and even then I can usually find somebody running it.  Have you tried changing your in-game region to North America, if it isn't already?  The connectivity may be a bit lower, but generally you will always find active games in the NA region.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Damn, forget to check the rules, Gear wheel disabled.

Yeah no gear or ability spamming, which is why I built Saryn for tankiness instead of range and strength alone, 1k+ health and 800+ armour plus her molt augment and a sentinel with some health and shield restore makes her pretty invincible. Also I'm using Arca plasmor with a damage, ms, punch through riven which melts anything short of a Nox without much effort. 

Now the only problem I have is keeping that damn meter up past wave 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Have you tried changing your in-game region to North America, if it isn't already?  The connectivity may be a bit lower, but generally you will always find active games in the NA region.

I haven't changed my region since I started playing so idk what server I'm on lol but alright I'll try switching

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Some maps are horrible because they are too big, but Saryn can solo all the way through wave 9 with a lot of spamming. I've done it on PS4 a few times, to test builds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, Nepelwerfer said:

Because of the fact that you can't use the gear wheel in ESO, you might have to save (or buy) plats to get Arcane Energize, because infested waves will ensure that you have zero energy constantly. 

It helps, but it really isn't necessary if one uses Hunter's Adrenaline or Zenurik.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

It helps, but it really isn't necessary if one uses Hunter's Adrenaline or Zenurik.

It's just Infested that makes it hard for Hunter's Adrenaline or Rage to work because... they're all melee and you can sit in the middle for a bit without taking a lot of damage at all, unless the ospreys starts spraying toxics clouds or moas vomit, not to forget Energy Drain (Parasitic for Infested) Eximus completely nullifies Zenurik Dash, and they are always around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, Nepelwerfer said:

It's just Infested that makes it hard for Hunter's Adrenaline or Rage to work because... they're all melee and you can sit in the middle for a bit without taking a lot of damage at all

I'd say that's true on SO, because on ESo I never had issues with intentionally taking a decent amount of damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
38 minutes ago, Nepelwerfer said:

Because of the fact that you can't use the gear wheel in ESO, you might have to save (or buy) plats to get Arcane Energize, because infested waves will ensure that you have zero energy constantly.

Yeah I use energizing dash a lot and have noticed my full energy pool vanish in seconds even without using a single ability all because some stupid leech eximus was hiding behind a hundred identical enemies the whole time.

As for Arcane energize, one of those costs 150p and a R3 goes for around 3k the last time I checked so it's not a option for a third world weeb like me to go throwing real money at one, and farming them is a whole other story with their nonexistent drop rates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I did a bit of testing.

4th ability need cooldown so those with toggled might work better, Mesa is a sitting duck with peacemaker 
so I tested with Excalibur Umbra.

Stage 5 is rather problematic with infested crowding on you, the parasite drain for energy is kind of annoying.

I might experiment with Excalibur Umbra + QT+  Rage + Life Strike and see if that works for keeping exalted and blind up.
Otherwise keep running out of energy is a bit hard to solo.


I am not sure if Octavia can solo ESO with her abilities, temping to test out
to see energizing dash + her energy regen is enough to keep things up.

While cloaking and staying hidden and letting the enemies kill themselves with her abilities.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
hace 1 hora, (PS4)Equinox21697 dijo:

Yeah no gear or ability spamming, which is why I built Saryn for tankiness instead of range and strength alone, 1k+ health and 800+ armour plus her molt augment and a sentinel with some health and shield restore makes her pretty invincible. Also I'm using Arca plasmor with a damage, ms, punch through riven which melts anything short of a Nox without much effort. 

Now the only problem I have is keeping that damn meter up past wave 5

There your first problem ... you dont know how to build saryn for that .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I am not sure if Octavia can solo ESO with her abilities, temping to test out
to see energizing dash + her energy regen is enough to keep things up.

I don't think she has enough range/kills per second for that (get to Zone 8).

----------

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Yeah I use energizing dash a lot and have noticed my full energy pool vanish in seconds even without using a single ability all because some stupid leech eximus was hiding behind a hundred identical enemies the whole time.

As for Arcane energize, one of those costs 150p and a R3 goes for around 3k the last time I checked so it's not a option for a third world weeb like me to go throwing real money at one, and farming them is a whole other story with their nonexistent drop rates

I just tried running ESO without Arcane Energize and Arcane Guardian, and instead of using Zenurik, I went for Vazarin. I managed to get to Zone 9 with some effort on my first attempt.

These were my builds.
 

You don't NEED primaries and secondaries for this, but it helps against nullifiers, but don't use Astilla, it takes too long to destroy the bubbles without fire rate. (That almost cost me the run in wave 2 or 3). I went melee 99% of the time.

I was constantly using Vazarin to recover my health. Funny enough, my Kavat only got downed once during the whole thing.

I did have minor energy issues with infested, and infested only, but Ancient Healers helped keeping spore damage up for longer. It was really important to keep spore up against armored enemies, because they need to take a few ticks to remove some armor, so they can take some decent damage from spores. If your spore damage goes down during grineer waves, you're gonna lose on some effiency.

 

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

The issue IS that your'e not killing fast enough, or else enemies WOULD be spawning fast enough.  There's a very simple correlation in ESO, Faster you kill, faster things spawn.   Realistically you are probably not capable of killing fast enough even if you can nuke the map constantly.  ESO is not meant to be solo'd. 

I'm not saying it's impossible but just join public games and save yourself the stress if you want the parts... unless you're doing it for some sort of personal accomplishment, in which case good luck. 

Most 4 man teams see themselves sitting at 50-60% by round 8.... 4 man teams.  Even they can't stave off the loss of Efficiency forever... but it reinforces my point, ESO is not meant to be soloable.  Only super optimized teams can even go much further than 8.  Most public 4 manners will fail in Round 9 or 10.  A single player trying to reach 8 alone is just going to have a bad time.  All it takes is one of the bigger rooms where you can't nuke everything, and all of a sudden your spawns and thereby efficiency are plummeting - this is where other players come in as they'd normally cover the areas you can't.   There are in-fact rooms in ESO that even max Range cannot cover in a nuke.  

I reached wave 15 and the map is just too big and enemies spawn too far away I did it in a squad with Saryn prime, rhino prime(me),trinity prime and I think a volt prime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I used to play regular onslaught once in a while for the focus and had no trouble going to wave 10 before I run out of efficiency, then recently I tried ESO with a couple clanmates and was lucky enough to get the Lato blueprint and received in one attempt, so I decided to make a umbral Saryn with a lot of hp and armour and solo that mode but the most I could do is wave 4-5 before my efficiency meter drops, and the problem isn't me not killing enough it's the enemy spawn rate not being enough to keep the meter up.

If there's anyone here who farms there regularly, any tips and advice to get to wave 8 would be appreciated

I've heard that one before from someone who probably didn't use both Animal Instinct and Enemy Sense mods. Hell, you might as well use Enemy Radar aura too instead of corrosive projection or energy siphon. That way you can see where the spawns are on the map even if you don't see them on the screen.

And I wouldn't use umbral mods on Saryn, just Vazarin dash and Hunter Adrenaline for healing and energy, works for me, especially with Arcane Guardian, maybe even two of those for added proc chances. That and Vitality and Steel Fiber is enough survivability for me.

Oh yeah, and if you solo and expect to die more than once, Djinn with Reawaken and Sacrifice is a good one to bring with you instead of a kavat.

Edited by BoarWarrior
Djinn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 minutes ago, kamyung said:

I reached wave 15 and the map is just too big and enemies spawn too far away I did it in a squad with Saryn prime, rhino prime(me),trinity prime and I think a volt prime

That sounds like a well optimized team, complimentary teams will go further than your average public groups or solo players.  Alot of the times going public you'll almost never see Trinity, which in itself can become a huge burden in some cases.  Having one around is a Godsend.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

That sounds like a well optimized team, complimentary teams will go further than your average public groups or solo players.  Alot of the times going public you'll almost never see Trinity, which in itself can become a huge burden in some cases.  Having one around is a Godsend.  

Btw it was planned , we recruited each other and told what to bring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, Nepelwerfer said:

Because of the fact that you can't use the gear wheel in ESO, you might have to save (or buy) plats to get Arcane Energize, because infested waves will ensure that you have zero energy constantly.

What about Arcane Nullifier? 100% magnetic proc resistence should negate infested energy drain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

 

Why are you using narrow minded on her though, doesn't that destroy her range? Also I built a plague zaw and sold it because I'm not a melee fan, mostly because I hate button mashing, but I was wondering if the Orthos prime with meme strike would be a better choice than Nikana prime.

1 hour ago, BoarWarrior said:

Oh yeah, and if you solo and expect to die more than once, Djinn with Reawaken and Sacrifice is a good one to bring with you instead of a kavat.

The setup I'm using makes staying alive pretty easy though I'm wondering if replacing Umbral Viber with intensify for higher tick damage, might try that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...