Stealth challenge Riven

(XBOX)A weedy Girl

Question

Hey all , 

I've landed the challenge for a rifle riven = complete a level 30 or above exterminate mission without being detected and an extinguished dragon key equipped.

Ive tried Ivara with sleep arrows , which were too inconsistent , and Equinox sleep thingy which I can't seem to get to grips with.

I turned to Loki with Rakta dagger , but every time I get to about 90 out of 120 or so enemies , I get one guy that doesnt die from the stealth kill and then seems to resist every kind of damage I do.

Its happened 3 times now.

Any advice , as this is starting to really pi$$ me off.

21 answers to this question

Did you put covert lethality on your dagger? Also, Ivara using prowl AND sleep arrows should make it quite trivial.

You probably went up against a Nox, well, Covert Lethality should one shot that too.

If 1 enemy sees me its done.

I have covert lethality in.

@GnarlsDarkley , I only have normal Ignis.( with the key it doesn't kill the armoured guys.

If I attack the enemy but dont kill them ( whilst invis) and run out of sight b4 becoming visible ,  will it trigger detection?

Edited by (XB1)A weedy Girl

how did you fail with ivara? Just go Invisible (high efficiency or duration build) and start killing enemies with a silent weapon. You don't even need sleep arrows.

Edited by Guest

I think in this challenge "being detected" means enemies sounding the alarm, except infested. they just need to see you because they are a hive mind. so if you're trying this on an infested mission... don't ^,^
Grineer and Corpus you can just put back to sleep for another stealth attack using ivara's sleep arrow.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Tzuin said:

I think in this challenge "being detected" means enemies sounding the alarm, except infested. they just need to see you because they are a hive mind. so if you're trying this on an infested mission... don't ^,^
Grineer and Corpus you can just put back to sleep for another stealth attack using ivara's sleep arrow.

It's not sounding the alarm, it's one single enemy spotting you (completely red arrow on mini-map)

I had this challenge twice. You can use loki with hushed invisibility and wall latch (optional) while invisible with a high damage large spread weapon such as the arca plasmor. Just be very very vigilent about your cloak timer. 

I found ivara with prowl high range and efficient to be much more proficient for this challenge.

13 minutes ago, wiinston17 said:

I had this challenge twice. You can use loki with hushed invisibility and wall latch (optional) while invisible with a high damage large spread weapon such as the arca plasmor. Just be very very vigilent about your cloak timer. 

I use Loki with Hushed Invis and a channeled melee like Orthos Prime or a zaw.  Build up combo counter and just slide attack through the map.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

nothing mentioned of stealth kills.

I typically use Loki+Ignis W

You are correct my man ... detection plays into "sight" in this challenge, i personally use Loki and my Guandao ... and sometimes my Arca Plasmor ... if they dont see you , you win.

3 hours ago, (XB1)A weedy Girl said:

I get one guy that doesnt die from the stealth kill and then seems to resist every kind of damage I do.

Well, considering Extinguished key have a significant effect on your damage output, I would suggest using weapons that deals huge amount of damage. I completed this challenge with Loki + Tenora. Use some silence mods like Hush or Hushed Invisibility You don't have to use stealth kills.

2 hours ago, 541K4T said:

Well, considering Extinguished key have a significant effect on your damage output, I would suggest using weapons that deals huge amount of damage. I completed this challenge with Loki + Tenora. Use some silence mods like Hush or Hushed Invisibility You don't have to use stealth kills.

Probably a nox. R u shooting his helmet off? Maybe skip him since exterms keep spawning enemies u just gotta look around

Edited by (PS4)sealed_jsword1

I have done this one several times using loki prime with the hushed invisibility mod and ignis wraith / galatine prime. You don't need one hit kills. You just need to not be detected. There is a huge difference. The number one priority is to take your time, if invis gets down to 5-10 seconds, then look for a place to "hide" so that when it runs our to can go invis again.

Slow but easy riven challenge.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Edited by (PS4)Deadmennwalking

20 hours ago, (XB1)A weedy Girl said:

Hey all , 

I've landed the challenge for a rifle riven = complete a level 30 or above exterminate mission without being detected and an extinguished dragon key equipped.

Ive tried Ivara with sleep arrows , which were too inconsistent , and Equinox sleep thingy which I can't seem to get to grips with.

I turned to Loki with Rakta dagger , but every time I get to about 90 out of 120 or so enemies , I get one guy that doesnt die from the stealth kill and then seems to resist every kind of damage I do.

Its happened 3 times now.

Any advice , as this is starting to really pi$$ me off.

Dread.

Thats all i have to say.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

it's better to get instant 10 plat rather than waste my time trying difficult challenges or trying to re-roll. 

It's a really trivial challenge. Every riven challenge is extremely trivial if you have the proper tactics.