Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let politics/religion not be a reoccurring thing in region chat.

(PSN)LORD_SKELETORUS

I just wanted to say that recently region chat has been extremely political/religious and I had to shush it down by reintroducing the religion of Clem and communism jokes. I would suggest any comment with any religions name should be deleted by (DE)Kickbot. And that i and 1 can not be used to replace one another. Mostly commonly occurring are Christianity, Islam and Judaism, which should absolutely not be a discussion in a game about mass-murdering space ninjas. It's no fun for anyone and mostly just makes people tense and some other sad. And beliefs such as Atheism, Agnosticism etc. should also be deleted by (DE) Kickbot. I'm sorry, it just frustrates me when I'm having fun and all of sudden someone starts talking about real-life politics. It breaks immersion and should be left to political/religious forums on other websites, not Warframe. And r4pe is also easily identified for the word it is, so please make 4 and a/A in regards to this word synonymous. Thank you.     

Perhaps DE could add the ability to block comments bassed on tags you set. For example if a player has god or anything of the sort it gets blocked from your view.

An alternative would be to allow private chat groups. For example if you like talking about movies you can join a chat another player created around the subject.

What you are essentially asking for is for players posts to be deleted based on what you are offended by, sensitive to or just simply don't like. That's something that other users could call for as well.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (PS4)deathwolfclaw666:

Perhaps DE could add the ability to block comments bassed on tags you set. For example if a player has god or anything of the sort it gets blocked from your view.

An alternative would be to allow private chat groups. For example if you like talking about movies you can join a chat another player created around the subject.

What you are essentially asking for is for players posts to be deleted based on what you are offended by, sensitive to or just simply don't like. That's something that other users could call for as well.

True true. I guess the mental illness must be tolerated. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Soki01:

Its a good source of memes :clem:If you dont take everything people on the internet say seriously

It's not memes when they trick the censor r a p e and people find another way to say it like r4pe or whatever and then go on about r4pefugees ruining their country, as if I give a damn. I don't mind any swear words or memes like Nezha is a tr... banned from server. But if Nezha is a thing is an offence, then you sure as hell can't claim that r4pefugees and pedo-priests should be allowed to be thrown around. You either censor all offensive things or non at all. Which would mean that saying Nezha is a trap should be 100% okay and talking about rape in as much detail as possible should also have no repercussions whatsoever. If you want a good environment you either allow complete freedom of discrimination against all (Which DE wouldn't do, because Canadians) or you censor all things that would cause issues and that have nothing, and I mean, have absolutely nothing to do with the game. Memes are fine. Don't mind leading communism into a new era or purging the homes of those heretics that cause ruckus in the hearts of the people who believe in CLEM. But you either allow discrimination against all, which I would stand for or no discrimination at all.   

vor 50 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

It’s a public chat. People will say whatever they desire. Deal with it.

Then unban people that spoke about r4pe, said Nezha is a trapezoid and all those that ever discriminated against anyone and let (DE)Kickbot never kick anyone for anything ever. You're either fair and allow all things to be joked about, which I would stand for, including "Nezha is a tr...". Or you keep anything that has nothing to with the game, outside of the game. I wouldn't mind either option, but you can't hover in the middle. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LORD_SKELETORUS said:

Then unban people that spoke about r4pe, said Nezha is a trapezoid and all those that ever discriminated against anyone and let (DE)Kickbot never kick anyone for anything ever. You're either fair and allow all things to be joked about, which I would stand for, including "Nezha is a tr...". Or you keep anything that has nothing to with the game, outside of the game. I wouldn't mind either option, but you can't hover in the middle. 

Meh

I believe a global warframe chat should be used to discuss more warframe related content, not memes, political or religious stuff, as that often drags on the discussion to the point other questions and feedback ends up being negleted. 

There are many players that need guidance at the start and the chat is likely the 1st thing they use, so having it filled with pointless discussions hinders the player from reading the usefull stuff.

But that's me.

I also share the tought that PS4 has it's own share of issues regarding reporting afk behavior or having a more proactive moderation team, i see warframe on the PS4 an overall less enjoyable version of the game, because players have a higher immunity and we know on PC what happens when kickbot is disabled temporarily, so effort should be done to improve the experience on PS4, being the chat one of those things

18 hours ago, (PS4)LORD_SKELETORUS said:

But you either allow discrimination against all, which I would stand for or no discrimination at all.   

These is allways going to be discrimination, but yea all DE can do is keep adding to the kick bot's list of "naughty words" but people may get caught out of accident because of a mis type if that list gets too "inclusive" especially with how the support system works atm.

:clem: < clem is a superior form of life, you may not like it but it is fact.

I don't see anything wrong with people talking about politics in region chat, they talk about real issues that shouldn't be ignored because they care.

If it bothers you, turn off region chat, that's what i do, region is pointless anyways.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb kgabor:

I don't see anything wrong with people talking about politics in region chat, they talk about real issues that shouldn't be ignored because they care.

If it bothers you, turn off region chat, that's what i do, region is pointless anyways.

The thing is that this whole stuff happens, then out of nowhere, a new player will ask something and be neglected entirely. That's more of a worry to me than people being sadistic and selfish, because I am already used to that. But when the community of the game is ignored, then it becomes a problem.  

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Soki01:

These is allways going to be discrimination, but yea all DE can do is keep adding to the kick bot's list of "naughty words" but people may get caught out of accident because of a mis type if that list gets too "inclusive" especially with how the support system works atm.

:clem: < clem is a superior form of life, you may not like it but it is fact.

What I don't understand is the fact that they think naughty words should be banned, yet they allow whatever conversation to offend as many people as possible. Even their reddit seems to have better moderation than the game itself. And the worst thing is that these poor mr 1's ask something and get absolutely no answer. Then make two region chats at least, god damn it. 

Am 10.10.2018 um 17:23 schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

Also Politics covers a lot of words and different names that would constantly need updating. It’s much more of a hassle to censor than the Nezha stuff or anything like it.

As I said. They can't pretend to be good people and censor a couple words and be happy with it, whilst new players are neglected in the process. Literally some ask, "Where do I find the Gustrag 3?", and all that they see is, "The church is full of pedoph1les.", "r4pe of little boys in church.", "Islam will destroy your 4nus", "Allah-A plays fortnite."(Okay the last one is kinda okay), but seriously why t f do they have any rules at all? It literally says "no profanity". It seems very hypocritical to me to not allow literal jokes, such as "Nezha is a tr..." and yet new players are disregarded completely and ignored, whilst really, really heavy subjects are being continuously talked about in a non-joking manner. If these things were jokes I would be 100% fine. Allahu snackbar, Jesus penus, I don't give a fudge. But if people have their names of pets removed "roastedjew", then I don't think DE wants these kinds of discussions in-game. And I don't care what you think, you can be a bastard all you like and support this human degeneracy, can't wait till the universe collapses, but if new players are scared off or don't get the answers they want, then I will try to bring peoples attention to it, because DE needs a good reputation. This isn't for me, this is for the players that need help. And if it means make an entirely new window where you can help players, then that's what I'm aiming for. Heck, make a meme channel as well. Warframe can't pretend like their community is good, although some of the sickest stuff I've ever read in any game have been read in region chat. Or plain false facts. You can't hover in the middle and disregard your customers or allow the product to be contaminated to the point where people dislike the product. You can't scare away consumers and then expect pay. Especially if they feel unheard. And even more so when Warframe doesn't explain anything at all.   

While I haven't encounters all of the effed-up things described above myself in the regionchat, active moderating to kick people who are being particularly unpleasant from chat (and frankly, from the game if they're aggressively opposed to being begrudgingly tolerable) is probably a good plan. I make a point of checking region chat occasionally for people with noobish questions so that I can give them answers that will hopefully be useful, as I have gotten such assistance on a few occasions myself.

That said, political matters are going to come up. I mean, one of our enemy factions is all militaristic, hyper-authoritarian and in to genetic uniformity; and another is an ultra-capitalist cult that puts both the 'war' and the 'profiteering' in to 'war profiteering'.