Jump to content
  • 0

How to Chroma in eidolons


Seahawk
 Share

Question

I want to start using Chroma in eidolons, I farmed his prime and have started making a build. I am putting focus into Uniaru Wisp and now the only thing I need is a play by play on what I do during the hunt. I understand that I pick up 1 lure in the beginning and that I break the synovias once the shield is down. But what do I do between entering the plains and shooting the eidolons down? Also what kind of amp is useful? I have a 111 and a 223

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Never Chroma'd myself, but the gist is you need to provide wisps to the VS users, and break limbs. -23 is the meta amp with best DPS if fired through a volt shield. When you're not maintaining your damage amp and breaking limbs, you're the primary "free" DPS for shields, as everyone else is probably VS stacking to some degree.

 

Be sure to run Radiation, preferably on the Lanka.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Eirshy said:

Never Chroma'd myself, but the gist is you need to provide wisps to the VS users, and break limbs. -23 is the meta amp with best DPS if fired through a volt shield. When you're not maintaining your damage amp and breaking limbs, you're the primary "free" DPS for shields, as everyone else is probably VS stacking to some degree.

 

Be sure to run Radiation, preferably on the Lanka.

I have lanka with a rad build, what about lures what do I need to do there. Some say I need to grab 1 and then I have to do something with it before letting the rest of my guys go? Not to sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, Seahawk62 said:

I have lanka with a rad build, what about lures what do I need to do there. Some say I need to grab 1 and then I have to do something with it before letting the rest of my guys go? Not to sure

Typically Chroma is tasked with grabbing one lure, while the Trinity grabs the rest.

Remember to not break a limb until it is charged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, Eirshy said:

Typically Chroma is tasked with grabbing one lure, while the Trinity grabs the rest.

Remember to not break a limb until it is charged.

right then what about not letting people go I have been confused about that..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, Seahawk62 said:

right then what about not letting people go I have been confused about that..

I have no idea what that would even mean, it doesn't make sense or match up with any aspect of the fight that I've seen as the Trinity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, Eirshy said:

I have no idea what that would even mean, it doesn't make sense or match up with any aspect of the fight that I've seen as the Trinity.

right before everyone goes out to attack terry chroma always tells everyone to wait for some reason, not sure why

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, Seahawk62 said:

right before everyone goes out to attack terry chroma always tells everyone to wait for some reason, not sure why

That ain't a thing to my knowledge. On the first run of the night you do need to corral everyone by cetus so as to not screw up the lure spawns, but other than that there is no mandate that would require a squad-wide wait demand, let alone by the Chroma. Typically it's the Trin that requests that first hold, due to it being her job to handle the lures and screwing up their spawns makes her job harder. Even a VS stacker can freely start sneaking towards the target immediately after the lures have spawned.

I'm gonna guess it was a personal quirk of the person you were using as a guide, or it was something situational to their group specifically (such as one person playing on a potato and thus not having loaded in yet; likely the Trinity).

Or it was telling everyone to not break a limb because the lure wasn't charged yet. That would also do it, but that'll be *at* Terry, after the shields are down the first time.

Edited by Eirshy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
hace 12 minutos, Seahawk62 dijo:

Some say I need to grab 1 and then I have to do something with it before letting the rest of my guys go? Not to sure

It's about Vombalyst spawn points, if people are waiting in the entrance while you archwing to the twin horns, get a lure and go and back to the door, you can predict Vombalyst will always spawn at specific places. Then you can go straight to them and charge the lure. If everybody rushes in, the spawning changes and becomes random. It's a try hard strategy to get the first lure charged as fast as possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, Amhiel said:

It's about Vombalyst spawn points, if people are waiting in the entrance while you archwing to the twin horns, get a lure and go and back to the door, you can predict Vombalyst will always spawn at specific places. Then you can go straight to them and charge the lure. If everybody rushes in, the spawning changes and becomes random. It's a try hard strategy to get the first lure charged as fast as possible. 

ah ok thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

It's about Vombalyst spawn points, if people are waiting in the entrance while you archwing to the twin horns, get a lure and go and back to the door, you can predict Vombalyst will always spawn at specific places. Then you can go straight to them and charge the lure. If everybody rushes in, the spawning changes and becomes random. It's a try hard strategy to get the first lure charged as fast as possible. 

My lack of 5x3 experience is showing (done plenty of 4x3). Good to know.

Edited by Eirshy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
hace 5 minutos, Eirshy dijo:

My lack of 5x3 experience is showing (done plenty of 4x3). Good to know.

I read it on some guide 😅 I wasn't trying to look like some expert or anything, I usually go Oberon and buff and heal and take down shields and S#&$ in my pants through the whole thing 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I read it on some guide 😅 I wasn't trying to look like some expert or anything, I usually go Oberon and buff and heal and take down shields and S#&$ in my pants through the whole thing 😂

Seriously underrated. Especially back when Terry was it. My duo team for it was me on Mirage and a friend on Oberon.... did you know you can Smite Infusion Mirage's entourage separately from her herself?

Only reason he really fell out of favor as an option is because a starfall from Harry can usually kill one lure if you're using just Oberon for heals 😞 Might be able to save it if you have that unairu DR-share void mode unlock. Never tried.

Still though, he's a great alternate to Harrow in role.

Edited by Eirshy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
hace 52 minutos, Eirshy dijo:

Seriously underrated. Especially back when Terry was it. My duo team for it was me on Mirage and a friend on Oberon.... did you know you can Smite Infusion Mirage's entourage separately from her herself?

Only reason he really fell out of favor as an option is because a starfall from Harry can usually kill one lure if you're using just Oberon for heals 😞 Might be able to save it if you have that unairu DR-share void mode unlock. Never tried.

Still though, he's a great alternate to Harrow in role.

I didn't know that about Mirage, pretty interesting! I agree with Oberon being a good alternative to harrow specially because timing the buffs and protection of covenant can be really tricky while with Oberon, being different abilities there's no moment when you can't access them. As a healer, he's just a helper, the only way he can carry the weight of the lures is if everything goes by really fast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...