Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris targets not spawning

(XBOX)LyriumAddict937

Question

I've been trying since the Pyrus project started on the Xbox, and I can't get any targets to spawn. I've cancelled and started new ones which hasn't helped, I'm currently on Leapers and have been trying on Mercury, Eris, and the Derelict to no avail. Even had friends as party leaders so they loaded in first.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this actually a bug?

8 answers to this question

The link provided by @Aazhyd  is the best authority on the subject. The biggest takeaway I have found from the guide is this:

"In addition, you MUST either be the host of the mission when it is started or load into the mission at the same time as the host in order for your Synthesis Target to have a chance of spawning. If the host also has a Synthesis Target then their target will spawn and not your own. If the host does not have a Synthesis Target but another player in the squad does and they load into the mission quicker than youself then their Synthesis Target will spawn instead of your own. For this reason it is recommended to do these missions solo in order to guarantee a chance of your Synthesis Target spawning."

I usually do them solo, much more time to actually get to the target instead of having 3 other players rushing through it and waiting at the exit.

In some cases, it takes a bit of searching to find them. Using the scanner's direction indication helps, but it's a bit confusing sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

I usually do them solo, much more time to actually get to the target instead of having 3 other players rushing through it and waiting at the exit.

In some cases, it takes a bit of searching to find them. Using the scanner's direction indication helps, but it's a bit confusing sometimes.

That's my main issue too. Nothing shows up on my scanner, and Simaris doesn't make any comments when I'm slinking around the map with the scanner out. It's really frustrating.

I've been playing for over a year now, this is the first time I've had trouble with Simaris targets.

If simaris doesn’t say anything shortly after you load in a map, abort the mission  There will be no target. I always run these solo using the steam guide. If a target doesn’t spawn after two tries in a map I’ll try a different one (unless the spawn rate is unusually low).