Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Encouraging console rivalry .

(PSN)Poisonshank

With cross play coming to consoles and P,C, It would be nice to know whether it will just be the case of everybody playing together or whether there will be some kind of console rivalry being put into place. I was thinking PS4 factions and XboX factions . Or competitive contracts. What i mean by that is kinda like a smoking ace's style contract kill where A number of Tenno may have to work against each other in some way. Or where XboX or PS4 .P,C could invade another persons game to steel there objective. Another example, i Might go in to kill a target for the corpus and a Xbox gamer for the Granier may be there to rescue or capture the target.  Or maybe we will be able to stalk each other on random mission's, (contract's out on other gamer's) WE get loads of lives anyway, so people would still be able to complete there game's they would just lose a life. (bit of extra fun.) Anyway would like to hear some idea's about this and what other gamer's may think about this. Or where You wonderful guys over At D.E plan to go with this as i am kind excited to see what you guys can do or are going to do.   TY. XX lol. 

No thanks. I think it is best we keep any form of competition between Tenno in the ghost towns of conclave. The last thing we need is the toxic console rivalry. Also, both consoles would be destroyed by PC every time. 

The big hurdle is the legal red tape to getting all platforms together. It simply will not happen anytime soon.

Only thing I would want to see is some identification on the chat on which platform a person is on (toggleable in the settings, too).

Beyond that? No.

Console wars are childish and actually making a literal "console war" only adds into that.

Though as far as I'm aware there has been no announcement that DE is actually adding crossplay, though may have missed it. It would be tricky to implement due to update disparity (but if Sony and Microsoft allow for an "Experimental / Non-Cert" type of branch system, then could work) and the economies would vastly differ, especially with consoles being able to buy Tennogen with platinum (probably best to just disable cross-platform trading).

Small note though... it would be "Xbox", not "XboX".

4 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

This could be a really fun addition. Can see it happen on console crossplay since we have the same version of the game.

Weekly events ps vs xbox.

Is there any stats of how many daily players there are on each system?

Honestly I can see it happening and to be fair as far as chat is concerned toxic can be bad but as far as game play is concerned i think it maybe healthy.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Only thing I would want to see is some identification on the chat on which platform a person is on (toggleable in the settings, too).

Beyond that? No.

Console wars are childish and actually making a literal "console war" only adds into that.

Though as far as I'm aware there has been no announcement that DE is actually adding crossplay, though may have missed it. It would be tricky to implement due to update disparity (but if Sony and Microsoft allow for an "Experimental / Non-Cert" type of branch system, then could work) and the economies would vastly differ, especially with consoles being able to buy Tennogen with platinum (probably best to just disable cross-platform trading).

Small note though... it would be "Xbox", not "XboX".

No it was mentioned on a stream and to be fair its inevitable that console wars are coming . if D.E doesn't adapt then its safe to say people will go where the fight is. But i suppose your either the kind of person with the back bone for the fight ...or your not. And that rivalry is not going away. It has to happen there's just to many people screaming for it. 

2 things.

1. Childish, toxic platform rivalry wouldn't contribute anything to gameplay worth having. FFXIV has PC and Playstation working together and for years I never saw an issue where someone was concerned with which platform the player was on. Now that I think about it, that could be because we didn't have XBOX in the mix too. Lol

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

With cross play coming to consoles and P,C

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

it was mentioned on a stream

Can you please link where you may have found this info? Because as far as I've heard it's been said it will never happen. I must've missed that stream somehow...

The issue isn't specifically DE's choice so much as XBOX and Playstation's. From what I've read about it XBOX has a very invasive port of XBOX Live that it requires on the other platforms in order to crossplay, and because of the invasive nature of it Playstation refuses to allow it. I'd love if it was true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Just now, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

No it was mentioned on a stream and to be fair its inevitable that console wars are coming . if D.E doesn't adapt then its safe to say people will go where the fight is. But i suppose your either the kind of person with the back bone for the fight ...or your not. And that rivalry is not going away. It has to happen there's just to many people screaming for it. 

What? Where?

Should provide a source.

And adapt to what? Adding toxicity for what platform people are on?

Even as Phil Spencer noted:

I've said before, the one thing that I probably find a little distasteful in the discourse around games is the divisiveness that people try to build between platforms. It becomes more about what piece of plastic I own than what games I'm playing. It becomes more about somebody else failing than the things I love succeeding. I don't think that's a good place for our industry. I know that's not everybody, and it's easy to find the pockets of that vitriol and kind of think that that is gaming, but I'm not going to embrace that. I'm going to actively push against that. People sometimes will make fun of me that I mentioned Sony or I mentioned Nintendo. It's not to placate anybody or make them think I'm some kind of good guy. My job isn't really to keep you from buying something else. My job is to make you proud of what we offer, and to give you an enjoyable experience with the product we have. That's 100% of what I'm focused on.

-- source

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Where did they say that? I highly doubt they did. It is completely irrelevant what you play on. The sooner you realize that the happier you'll be. 

Well i know there are a Lot of you may not be aware that Cross Platorm has been Agreed between Xbox PS4 P.c and Switch. For those who are not aware Fortnite is being used as a beta. The irony in this is I am seeing comment which are being made here that clearly show that lots of you have been living in a shell. Megan has already said that cross platform is a game changer And is coming so... If you don't know go look it up on youtube because everyone is really hyped. Activsion's Call of duty is looking to utilise a PS4 vs Xbox situation .. I think you guys, Well Some you guys need to go update your Self's instead of focusing on my spelling mistakes because how i spell XBOX is not the topic that we are addressing here but whats going to happen next. 

37 minutes ago, Sean said:

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Can you please link where you may have found this info? Because as far as I've heard it's been said it will never happen. I must've missed that stream somehow...

26 minutes ago, Sean said:

What? Where?

Should provide a source.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Where did they say that? I highly doubt they did. It is completely irrelevant what you play on. The sooner you realize that the happier you'll be. 

Cursory google searches say that during Tennocon DE said was that the might look into it, no actual announcement was made.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Megan has already said that cross platform is a game changer And is coming so...

And yet, you still provide no source (which as the person making this claim is your responsibility), and research turns up no such statement, so if this really did happen, the it hasn't been in circulation long enough for us to "update ourselves" as you so condescendingly put it. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Activsion's Call of duty is looking to utilise a PS4 vs Xbox situation ..

As for call of Duty, it is (and has pretty much always been) a breeding ground for the petty, childish people previous posters here have already described as the type to have interest in such things.

Edited by xXRampantXx

4 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

Cursory google searches say that during Tennocon DE said was that the might look into it, no actual announcement was made.

Yeah, I did a search. I also regularly watch the streams so I'm aware they mentioned they might but only with Nintendo Switch. There's been no further update to that that I could find which is why I was confused when the first sentence of the OP stated it as fact. I was just making sure I hadn't missed something.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Well i know there are a Lot of you may not be aware that Cross Platorm has been Agreed between Xbox PS4 P.c and Switch. For those who are not aware Fortnite is being used as a beta. The irony in this is I am seeing comment which are being made here that clearly show that lots of you have been living in a shell. Megan has already said that cross platform is a game changer And is coming so... If you don't know go look it up on youtube because everyone is really hyped.  Activsion's Call of duty is looking to utilise a PS4 vs Xbox situation ..

Fortnite =/= Warframe.

Call of Duty =/= Warframe.

The way Warframe is currently setup would require some MAJOR changes, especially due to the update disparity.

Also, hype doesn't mean there's anything actually coming, that isn't a real source.

I think you guys, Well Some you guys need to go update your Self's instead of focusing on my spelling mistakes because how i spell XBOX is not the topic that we are addressing here but whats going to happen next.

Where is this attitude coming from? Everyone is asking for you to give a source which you still have not done.

4 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

Yeah, I've seen that, but as you said, no actual announcement has been made.

(this is more to requote towards the OP)

Edited by Sean

consoles .. where .. consoles are not a thing anymore, NES was a console, ps4 is not, now it's only low cost glorified computer.. sorry but their are totaly low coast glorify computer, just look at their hardware.. for the same price you can get a better hardware with a pc...

Edited by Wind_Blade

Just now, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

*sigh*

That's not a source, that's an opinion-piece; just someone saying that cross platform exists for other games and that they feel that crossplay is needed for Warframe.

Just now, Sean said:

*sigh*

That's not a source, that's an opinion-piece; just someone saying that cross platform exists for other games and that they feel that crossplay is needed for Warframe.

Still trying to find the post .. I was on twitch Megan did mention it. Come on your not stupid stop play stupid. Its happening dude. And that person in the youtube vid you just slagged off is friends with most of the staff over at D.E . Well according to him anyway.  And it was mentioned. But Believe me don't we will see who was right in the end.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Still trying to find the post .. I was on twitch Megan did mention it. Come on your not stupid stop play stupid. Its happening dude. And that person in the youtube vid you just slagged off is friends with most of the staff over at D.E . Well according to him anyway.  And it was mentioned. But Believe me don't we will see who was right in the end.

I'm looking at it from both a realistic and technical standpoint.

Differences between PC and consoles:

• Game Version
  • Update Speed
  • Discounts
  • Platinum Purchasing
  • Tennogen Purchasing
  • Clans (Clan names are unique, wouldn't be that way when you incorporate other platforms)
    • If you were running an Alliance, the only way to invite a clan is to type their name into the "Invite Clan" field

Also, just because (and I'm assuming this person is) partnered, doesn't make them "friends of DE".

Edited by Sean

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

No one here is "Playing Stupid", with no proof to support your statements, we have no reason to believe them, especially when they go against the statements DE has made up until now.  As for the YouTube video, and I mean no offence to Life Of Rio, he's one of my favorite Warframe YouTubers, there are several things he says that don't seem to line up to me.  Specifically his statement that some things  (Wukong, and Prime stuff) being released at the same time on PC and consoles means DE doesn't need/use PC players to test updates.  the thing is, Wukong had already been released in the Chinese version of the game, and therefore had undergone all the necessary testing there before it made it to PC or console.  As for Primes, they generally don't introduce new mechanics to the game, so DE can be confidant that any problems they have will be minor visual bugs, and therefore won't need immediate fixing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see crossplay, but I don't see it happening except for possibly between consoles.

Edited by xXRampantXx