Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stream Date: Devstream #118 on Oct 19!

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno!

Due to the short week (Monday was a Canadian holiday) + Mainline focus, we will be having our next Devstream on Friday, October 19th!
We'll have our info thread up Wednesday, October 17th so you know what kind of stuff we'll be going over on the stream.

See you next Friday everyone 😍!

Ok so here are some questions I'd like to see answered:
- what's the status about Pets 2.0?
- as many people requested: can we get our primary Focus School bound to Loadouts?
- is there any progress about Boss Reworks for Sergeant and Phorid?
- is there any plan on individual extraction in endless missions?
- will the ledge-grab move on literally anything be reworked?
- is there any plan to implement a never/always Host option?
- what's the status about Arcane dissolving?
- is there any plan on a Rework for the in-mission marker?
- will the Drone-Pathfinding in the Plains ever be fixed?

Hello! I have a question for next stream:

For a while now many people have been asking for the active (primary) focus school to be selectable from the arsenal and saved into the loadout slots. Will that ever be a thing? If yes, when? If not, what are the reasons? 

Thank you so much and all the strength to push through this somewhat hard times. 

Some question i will want to get a anwser:

-Any information on the return of trials (because it's paused for now)

-Any information on the return of primed chamber (it's been 5 years)

-Why the next update is an mainline, i know their is a lot of fixes, but their is only  some melee weapons and the new Arbiter missions, their is not really content

You guys have noted that there's been a content drought lately, and that's understandable. Healthy, even - I'd rather have stable infrequent updates than sloppy regular ones. But an information drought? That's something totally under your control. Always remember, we're here because we want to watch the sausage get made, we understood how messy it gets before we walked in the door ❤️

Have a fun break from streaming, and please come back with plenty of sausage guts to show!

12 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

-Why the next update is an mainline, i know their is a lot of fixes, but their is only  some melee weapons and the new Arbiter missions, their is not really content

According to Steve's Twitter they were doing a re-write of the FX tech to keep it from "blowing out" like in eidolon fights and just making your screen white, so that's mainline worthy.

10 minutes ago, Gene_Freak said:

You guys have noted that there's been a content drought lately, and that's understandable. Healthy, even - I'd rather have stable infrequent updates than sloppy regular ones. But an information drought? That's something totally under your control. Always remember, we're here because we want to watch the sausage get made, we understood how messy it gets before we walked in the door ❤️

Have a fun break from streaming, and please come back with plenty of sausage guts to show!

We had Onslaught this year as one of its 'content' updates.

59 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Likely tomorrow due to the server upgrades today.

56 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Not to mention that monday was a holiday for them as well

Not to mention they'd have to be mad to push an update on a Friday, especially a mainline. Unless someone at DE really likes working weekends because I guarantee that something will break after the update.

99 bugs in the code that I found. 

99 bugs in the code.

Hunt one down, fixes abound.

102 bugs in the code that I found.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Ok so here are some questions I'd like to see answered:
- what's the status about Pets 2.0?
- as many people requested: can we get our primary Focus School bound to Loadouts?
- is there any progress about Boss Reworks for Sergeant and Phorid?
- is there any plan on individual extraction in endless missions?
- will the ledge-grab move on literally anything be reworked?
- is there any plan to implement a never/always Host option?
- what's the status about Arcane dissolving?
- is there any plan on a Rework for the in-mission marker?
- will the Drone-Pathfinding in the Plains ever be fixed?

They said a few streams ago that pets 2.0 would be released gradually over many updates we would not get it all at once per sheldon. Many of us don’t like that answer but shrug

hace 1 hora, Wind_Blade dijo:

I don't even understand anymore what do you guys consider content. To me, content is things I can play, how is a new game mode and new weapons not content? 

Hopefully we'll finally get the juicy Melee 3.0 details we've been waiting for. Namely, what's going to happen with stats-- Range, Blood Rush, combo counter, etc..

One BIG thing that's been worrying me about Melee 3.0 details thus far: I don't think there's been any information about the "Additive Crit Chance + Blood Rush" interaction (i.e. the additive CC being multiplied, in its entirety, by Blood Rush). When players consider melee weapons OP, it's almost always because of a build that takes advantage of this interaction (e.g. Maiming Strike + Blood Rush Atterax, or [debatably] Arcane Avenger + Blood Rush Kripath).

The reason why this has been worrying me-- DE hasn't mentioned anything about "Additive CC + BloodRush" at all (correct me if I'm wrong), but they've shown EVERY intention to blanket-nerf wide-ranged melees in general. Namely, by neutering Range for wide-reaching weapons.

3TIzRTG.png

(^ Placeholder mod from Devstream 116. Yes, I know that this is a placeholder and is subject to change. Hell, that's what I'm praying for.)

I hope DE reconsiders this line of thinking. Polearms and whips aren't overpowered on their own-- it's the "Additive CC + BloodRush" interaction that makes them overpowered. Blanket-nerfing the former without addressing the latter is like punishing hundreds of schoolchildren because five of them were misbehaving.
It would be the worst possible way of handling the situation.

Archived