Convert normal frame to prime or umbra option?!??

Cu9uDien

This feature is available when Lotus with Operator found somthing like lost orokin technologies or Ballas experiments.

May be it stupid but i hope we will have this option in future without reforma... your frame. But of course cost something like prime part or umbra part.

On 2018-08-19 at 5:04 AM, Synpai said:

Long story short, Umbra feels like something that could’ve used a system that allowed players to work for and build Umbra Warframes at some pace determined by DE. In other words some type of internal progression system for Warframe variants. 

For example, farming materials for umbra schematics and ritual materials and having to pass all of the mastery tests with a single warframe in order to unlock the umbra version of your Warframe (Not exactly those steps, but somewhere in that ballpark; Limited to one Umbra warframe every few weeks). Quests could be added later to introduce the lore behind them along with accompanying mods or something.

Is this what you're referring to?

I still prefer forming a prime as we currently do. I just goes to show they are different in some way. There will always be new ideas to shorten the prime grind, but it is still what makes have a prime feel special. Something someone had to work for more than just the occasional alert mission. 

If there was the ability convert with some “device” it should cost 10 forma and 2 Orokin reactors just to make it a difficult decision to make and build.

10 minutes ago, D6CeiV9R said:

Something as you mention but we also need normal frame for building umbra frame etc... 

That makes no sense to me ... if we're looking at normal frames as the "mass" manufactured, and primes as the original "molds" then umbra as the original (very first) test subject made mindless and controllable. How could we revert from the mass to an original?

Edited by Errodin

2 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

And what happens to prime access? (you know, the thing that actually makes them a decent slap of cash for staff/development/share holders/whathaveyou)

It won't happen.

I think that's why it's safer to stick to Umbras instead of primes

2 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

And what happens to prime access? (you know, the thing that actually makes them a decent slap of cash for staff/development/share holders/whathaveyou)

It won't happen.

Prime access still there! As always you still need prime part and something like convertion item... If you don't want those changes have any relation with prime access! Just leave them alone but how about umbra???

29 minutes ago, D6CeiV9R said:

i hope we will have this option in future without reforma

Lore-wise, Primes have nothing to do with the mass-produced versions. They're similar designs without ornaments. There's no way to make a regular frame Prime... or Umbra for that matter.

The Forma grind is intended. New frame, more Forma you need to apply to fit high power mods. Changing how things work, just to be able to skip that, is a rather tall order from DE.

1 minute ago, D6CeiV9R said:

Prime access still there! As always you still need prime part and something like convertion item... If you don't want those changes have any relation with prime access! Just leave them alone but how about umbra???

Umbra is whatever.. it was a very very easy mission that gave everyone a ranked frame so I don't really care how those come about to be honest. Primes on the other hand should be farmed, or bought via access. I wouldn't drop a cent if people could just snap their fingers and BAM.. normal frame suddenly primed, full rank and zero input. Nope lol

16 minutes ago, Errodin said:

That makes no sense to me ... if we're looking at normal frames as the "mass" manufactured, and primes as the original "molds" then umbra as the original (very first) test subject made mindless and controllable. How could we revert from the mass to an original?

As you played Ex Umbra lore part, you would know Umbra frame are nothing but prime frame with their self control (They first made for China version Warframe). Nothing more. What make normal warframe different with prime, umbra as they all are bio-mechanical android???

45 minutes ago, D6CeiV9R said:

As you played Ex Umbra lore part, you would know Umbra frame are nothing but prime frame with their self control (They first made for China version Warframe). Nothing more. What make normal warframe different with prime, umbra as they all are bio-mechanical android???

*Spoilers*

Or if we watched the same video we saw Ballas infect the subject with a virus that transformed a regular dude into a warframe. Hence warframes are Bio-engineered humans that Ballas can control ... the fact that umbra has a mind of his own is irrelevant compared to having a normal warframe evolving into one with a mind

Edited by Errodin

31 minutes ago, Errodin said:

*Spoilers*

Or if we watched the same video we saw Ballas infect the subject with a virus that transformed a regular dude into a warframe. Hence warframes are Bio-engineered humans that Ballas can control ... the fact that umbra has a mind of his own is irrelevant compared to having a normal warframe evolving into one with a mind

So what? I stiil didn't see anything would make normal frame can't become umbra! Many frame have their own emotion, feeling,... Valkyr, Gara, Chroma lores show that. May be not too much spirit, mind but they still have.

2 hours ago, D6CeiV9R said:

This feature is available when Lotus with Operator found somthing like lost orokin technologies or Ballas experiments.

May be it stupid but i hope we will have this option in future without reforma... your frame. But of course cost something like prime part or umbra part.

Yeah, they're likely not gonna invalidate the prime/forma grind this far into the game, all of that is on purpose, and it would kinda invalidate the purpose of Prime Acces. Though like @Synpai said, this would make great sense for an Umbra system, though i still wonder if that would keep the "only certain frames would be Umbra" thing they've said.

On 2018-10-11 at 1:44 AM, Atsia said:

Yeah, they're likely not gonna invalidate the prime/forma grind this far into the game, all of that is on purpose, and it would kinda invalidate the purpose of Prime Acces. Though like @Synpai said, this would make great sense for an Umbra system, though i still wonder if that would keep the "only certain frames would be Umbra" thing they've said.

Yeah! May be certain warframe are infested frames!

On 2018-10-11 at 12:23 AM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I still prefer forming a prime as we currently do. I just goes to show they are different in some way. There will always be new ideas to shorten the prime grind, but it is still what makes have a prime feel special. Something someone had to work for more than just the occasional alert mission. 

If there was the ability convert with some “device” it should cost 10 forma and 2 Orokin reactors just to make it a difficult decision to make and build.

You know, they could just make an Umbra Adapter you grind the Umbra Quest for.

The quest could have multi stage and each stage be time gated. Pretty sure Forma and Oro reactor is not an issue for some.