Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime Bundle Available Now!

[DE]Helen

On 2018-10-17 at 3:07 AM, SephirothWS said:

It's not FREE if it costs one money to get. Way to falsely advertise DE.

Actually, it is free. Free PRIME with Twitch Prime.

Basically, the free PRIME [gears and items] is free if you're a Twitch Prime subscriber. They never said Twitch Prime was free to begin with. No false advertising there.

-------------------------

Reposting this because it is relevant.

On 2018-10-16 at 10:27 PM, MasterLief said:

The last bundle wasn’t available to be claimed until 3pm EST. Take a chill pill, yall.

Also, I really don’t think this amazon/twitch prime business move is about kickbacks. It’s about exposure, people use Twitch for A LOT and many of them haven’t heard of or haven’t tried Warframe.

Moves like these are basically cross-pollination for business with overlapping clientele.

Maybe one of the countless fortnite fans will decide some of the free stuff available through twitch prime is worth jumping into Warframe.

As valued and storied as the veterans of this community are, most of them (400 hours in here, MR16, don’t consider myself a vet) have learned how to get the most out of Warframe without paying a dime. The vets are the circulatory system but NOT the lifeblood of this community.

New Blood is, and always will be, what keeps Warframe afloat and constantly improving.

We aren’t entitled to ANYTHING from DE but the ability to play Warframe for free. They don’t owe us. If anything, we are indebted to the Angels of DE, for allowing us to be Tenno. For the sacrifices they made to push an untested IP to the heights they’ve reached despite discouragement from publishers and despite the hurdles experienced over the past 5 years.

They don’t have to partner with anyone to give us free stuff. Our economy didn’t have to be built to allow us to accumulate virtually infinite amounts of platinum just by playing the game. They don’t have to give us platinum discounts as tribute rewards.

The sense of entitlement here truly boggles the mind. It’s like you’re crying that you got the WRONG gift for Holiday when you really could’ve gotten nothing at all.

I love you, fellow Tenno. So often you make me proud. On days like these, though, (also the outcry over the change to the tribute system) you bring shame on your community. 

All of us need to check ourselves. Many of you are outright abusive to the people who have given years of their lives for our enjoyment.

Ungrateful, shameful, entitled. These are not the reasons we, Tenno, strike fear into the hearts of clone soldiers and corpus cultists throughout the origin system.

You, who come here when you know you are not pure. Check yourself, maybe re-read your post to make sure you don’t sound like a whiny brat.

I hope you all consider what you’ve learned today.

My Warframe is Stronk

-MasterLief

---------------------------

Also, I don't know about the others but I am able to get the Twitch Prime Trial, for the third time. I was able to get the Frost and Trinity packs through the trial membership under the same Twitch account. I may do so with this again, although the comment saying the Sugatra was tiny, I'm having second thoughts (maybe I'll wait for a WF Partner review for that).

Twitch Prime, Amazon Prime, etc. isn't shady. It's a platform to entice other people outside Warframe to try Warframe. Just take the trial membership, They'll refund you when the trial ends. A Vectis Prime cost around 150-200p after the vaulting. 170p in the WF store is five bucks. Taking the trial costs you a buck and they give the buck back to you right after the trial. So yeah, FREE Prime with Twitch Prime. It's not junk at all.

For those that can't get Twitch Prime due to region or country residency issues, I think you need to sub through Amazon Video or Prime (the Frost pack back then had a friend do this; he talked to support), you get Twitch Prime bundled there and vice versa. Or just ask support, they know what to do. xD

This isn't mandatory to win the game, it's supplementary.

On 2018-10-10 at 6:48 PM, Azariek said:

It's not FREE if you need to pay for an external thing.

It is if you sign up for 30 day trial then link and claim, then cancel.  

another way to put it is, free petrol, sure you have to buy the car.. but hey free petrol.. also warframe is free. so .. yeah? 

Am 17.10.2018 um 15:01 schrieb Shadow-Spawn:

There is a big difference between them:
- The Free Twitch drops failed for some - not by design - but because of a mistake - technical issues.
- The Twitch Prime stuff is not Free for all - by design - not because of a mistake - no technical issues.

Again it is free, you dont need to pay to get the drops. You just need to pay for a premium service, which offers are NOT FREE DROPS. If you dont use it you just have bad luck. If you only buy it for the drops its your problem and not shady at all. Again the main thing of Twitch Prime is Amazon Prime. Which offers you videos, twitch prime obviously, music, faster delivery for your orders, special offers on amazon. A bonus is taht you can get free stuff for many games via twitch. Its a gimmick not a mandatory key function. They couldnt do it at all.

You want them to boost the platinum sells? For me it strongly looks like you are mainly trading bp and parts via market for platinum and that you are now pissed, that prices for vectis p will drop and trinity p dropped cause of the twitch prime program and you cant earn tons of platinum form other players. Well bad news for you. Thats what always happens in economy. Deal with it, that the prime things get more reasonable prices cause of twitch prime loot since many things are way overpriced anyway.

(Not so long ago it was an honor to give people things which arent longer aviable. And not for many ingame money. You used to give them in your clan if someone was honorable and relyable and helped the clan to achieve things. And not selling them for most highes price possible 😉 )

It's not Free - it's not needed - and it's shady third party service providers.

DE should stop using third party service providers - they don't care about Warframe - they only care about selling as much junk possible to their customers. 

DE should keep all sales & marketing department functions in-house - so they can always be sure what they are pushing out to their own customers - from a department that cares only about one product - Warframe 👍

Never partner up with third party service providers, if you value your business reputation and brand, when you can do it way better yourself 👍

When it's done right you will profit way way way more than any measly kickback will ever give you.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Shadow-Spawn:

It's not Free - it's not needed - and it's shady third party service providers.

DE should stop using third party service providers - they don't care about Warframe - they only care about selling as much junk possible to their customers. 

DE should keep all sales & marketing department functions in-house - so they can always be sure what they are pushing out to their own customers - from a department that cares only about one product - Warframe 👍

Never partner up with third party service providers, if you value your business reputation and brand, when you can do it way better yourself 👍

When it's done right you will profit way way way more than any measly kickback will ever give you.

Sorry but you don't have any clue about economics. And you are just repeating your opinion but not facts. I will try it one last time if you still don't understand it either you are just a very stubborn person or just plain stupid. 

It is free: reason is as simple as breathing. The offer can be claimed without payment. That you need a external premium service doesn't matter since its not part of the service offer and you don't pay for the service just for loot (again if you do you either don't care about the few bugs or just are plain stupid)

It is needed: reason is very simple. People with Prem services are more likely to pay for things like plat cosmetics and Co. There are thousands of potential customer on twitch which maybe never would know about warframe if the drops wouldn't be a thing. DE most likely had made a big marketing analysis before doing so and therefore know it way better than just a spoiled, pissed brat which don't want others to get sth itself doesn't get cause of reasons.

It's not shady: in fact Amazon has one of the most transparent business model of most web services. Netflix is less transparent not to mention Google or facebook. 

If you really believe that they give up control you should read some more terms of use. Twitch says itself all drops are made by the partners and that this partners are responsible if, which and how long the drops are available.

If you still think not partnering up with a high range company would result in way better sales I have a tip for you. NEVER EVER found a company you are not smart enough and will fail badly out of stupidity.

Edited by Tengarnos

You just don't get it.
Twitch Prime is Not Free. Period. You pay a monthly subscription. In return you will get in-game junk from games you do or do not play.
That's pretty shady and not needed - DE will get a small kickback of whatever profit they bring Twitch Prime - a small profit that is not worth it - compared to doing something else themselves with no third party middle man. 
DE should only promote their own product solution not someone's else's 👍

I love how pugs not only jump at the free carrot on a stick bandwagon but also defend it. If DE wants people to play they need to make us happy. So yes they 'owe' us for keeping them alive all these years.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Shadow-Spawn:

You just don't get it.
Twitch Prime is Not Free. Period. You pay a monthly subscription. In return you will get in-game junk from games you do or do not play.
That's pretty shady and not needed - DE will get a small kickback of whatever profit they bring Twitch Prime - a small profit that is not worth it - compared to doing something else themselves with no third party middle man. 
DE should only promote their own product solution not someone's else's 👍

Believe what you want but just because you repeat it, doesnt make it right. Learn a bit about economics, you dont do things which are not worth it, so it must be worth it. As long as you cant provide proofs that its not worth it which you cant since you arent working for DE and you arent able to see their books, all your screaming is just triggered anger. They add new frames, new weapons, give free streams where you can win things or get nice drops sometimes (even without Prime). What do you want more? If they really earn some bucks per Player (what they most likely do, cause if not they wont use this) and gain more paying customers with Twitch Prime sure they profit them more than you. But thats simple marketing. Wellcome to capitalistic world you live in.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Crowtor:

I love how pugs not only jump at the free carrot on a stick bandwagon but also defend it. If DE wants people to play they need to make us happy. So yes they 'owe' us for keeping them alive all these years.

Did you buy plat (do you do it regular if yes?) if not you didnt even indirectly keept them alive. Yes I have Prime but not because of twitch loot but because of prime music, prime video and better delivery options while buying. So yes for me and many people like me (and that are many) its free since we pay for other services and just got it as a bonus. Plus they owe us nothing since they provide a game for is, which is completely free. They add new frames, new weapons, give free streams where you can win things or get nice drops sometimes (even without Prime). What do you want more? If they really earn some bucks per Player (what they most likely do, cause if not they wont use this) and gain more paying customers with Twitch Prime sure they profit them more than you. But thats simple marketing. Wellcome to capitalistic world you live in.

Edited by Tengarnos

1 hour ago, Tengarnos said:

Believe what you want but just because you repeat it, doesnt make it right. Learn a bit about economics, you dont do things which are not worth it, so it must be worth it. As long as you cant provide proofs that its not worth it which you cant since you arent working for DE and you arent able to see their books, all your screaming is just triggered anger. They add new frames, new weapons, give free streams where you can win things or get nice drops sometimes (even without Prime). What do you want more? If they really earn some bucks per Player (what they most likely do, cause if not they wont use this) and gain more paying customers with Twitch Prime sure they profit them more than you. But thats simple marketing. Wellcome to capitalistic world you live in.

*Snip*

It's quite simple really - Twitch Prime is not needed - I want DE to stop pushing it.
You can always do Livestreams and give away prizes without using Twitch Prime.

That will save your Twitch Prime customers 7.99 Pounds/Mo or 79 Pounds/Year in subscription payments.

The vast majority of DE Warframe revenue comes from Platinum sales - only a small fraction of their revenue comes from Twitch Prime kickback.

It's not worth doing - as it does damage to the brand and business reputation of DE in the short and long term.
Always keep your sales & marketing functions in-house - don't rely on third party service providers to do it for you - as they don't care much about your product - like you do👍

I am highly educated - with an Executive MBA title and a Master's degree.
What kind of education do you have?

I am not the one screaming here - or calling people names👍

On 2018-10-19 at 4:17 PM, Tengarnos said:

Did you buy plat (do you do it regular if yes?) if not you didnt even indirectly keept them alive. Yes I have Prime but not because of twitch loot but because of prime music, prime video and better delivery options while buying. So yes for me and many people like me (and that are many) its free since we pay for other services and just got it as a bonus. Plus they owe us nothing since they provide a game for is, which is completely free. They add new frames, new weapons, give free streams where you can win things or get nice drops sometimes (even without Prime). What do you want more? If they really earn some bucks per Player (what they most likely do, cause if not they wont use this) and gain more paying customers with Twitch Prime sure they profit them more than you. But thats simple marketing. Wellcome to capitalistic world you live in.

Any player just by playing the game is making them a big favour. Without the non-paying players, the paying ones wouldn't pay to play an empty game. Plus the title in the game is " Get your free prime gear" and then you are forwarded to Twitch Prime, there's no mention of twitch in the game. 

Just clickbait, pure and simple.

Also I bought plat for 5.99 once, that's like buying the game, and is enough in itself.

Am 19.10.2018 um 18:17 schrieb Shadow-Spawn:

It's quite simple really - Twitch Prime is not needed - I want DE to stop pushing it.
You can always do Livestreams and give away prizes without using Twitch Prime.

That will save your Twitch Prime customers 7.99 Pounds/Mo or 79 Pounds/Year in subscription payments.

The vast majority of DE Warframe revenue comes from Platinum sales - only a small fraction of their revenue comes from Twitch Prime kickback.

It's not worth doing - as it does damage to the brand and business reputation of DE in the short and long term.
Always keep your sales & marketing functions in-house - don't rely on third party service providers to do it for you - as they don't care much about your product - like you do👍

I am highly educated - with an Executive MBA title and a Master's degree.
What kind of education do you have?

I am not the one screaming here - or calling people names👍

Well first a degree is no sign of intelligence or life experience. Second to answer your question. I went to commercial college, worked in sales for CAD/CAM programms, (also needed to do the marketing for it), are studying BIS with controlling as additional part. So your wannabe education trump card doesnt work here 😛  (btw isnt EMBA the same like MBA just having Executive to sound more impressive? Oh yeah it was, its mostly the same. Sorry but in my country we say "you only study MBA if you dont know what else to study" 😄 )

They do it since years, with a still growing playerbase (About 8 million last 12 months), and you want to tell them its wrong since it damage the brand? You see why I call your saying bullS#&$ don't ya?

Again the people dont have the subscription just for the loot. You take something in account which isnt true in most cases. (Didnt you learned that during your master's degree? I mean sientific working?)  So no most them wont safe a cent if they dont do it. And again you say the money is only a small fraction I again ask you, can you proof that saying with business records from DE for it? Otherwise I still call that bullS#&$ and I already asked you for the proof you didnt bring. Your nice degree doenst change a thing that you don't give proof that it hurts (Which I already debunked by saying the base is growing which it wouldnt if the damage would be this high, like you want to do) or isn't worth it (again proof that you are wrong here is that they do it)

Am 20.10.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Crowtor:

Any player just by playing the game is making them a big favour. Without the non-paying players, the paying ones wouldn't pay to play an empty game. Plus the title in the game is " Get your free prime gear" and then you are forwarded to Twitch Prime, there's no mention of twitch in the game. 

Just clickbait, pure and simple.

Also I bought plat for 5.99 once, that's like buying the game, and is enough in itself.

5.99 for a full and growing game is way to less. Show me one current full game released within the last months, with single and multiplayer options, still living and high playerbase which costs only 6 bucks. You wont find one. If you think that 6 bucks in plat is like buying the game you are totally wrong. Even early access games with so much content costs around 14 bucks at least. So no you didnt buy the game and its not enough to say that they owe you something.

While you are not wrong that you do them a favour by playing it, its not so that they already gave you a game to access and play without paying a buck. You dont need subscription to play it either. So no they dont owe you a damn #*!%.

On 2018-10-10 at 11:11 PM, [DE]Helen said:

d1de686a42cac7ed13efd1d986005986.jpg

Tenno, a new bundle of free Prime Gear is airdropping in!

If you have Twitch Prime, you can instantly upgrade your Arsenal with these rare and powerful items:

• Vectis Prime (Sniper Rifle) + Weapon Slot
  • Fang Prime (Dual Dagger Melee) + Weapon Slot
  • Exclusive Spektaka Sugatra

Get your free bundle here!

The Twitch Prime Weapon Bundle is available to Twitch Prime members on all platforms. Your Warframe and Twitch accounts must be linked in order to get your bundle, so make sure your accounts are linked here. (If you don’t have Twitch Prime, you can sign up for a trial membership and still redeem the offer!)

Free Trinity Prime Offer
If you haven’t already, be a Blessing to your team by getting the free Trinity Prime bundle! We’ve extended the Trinity Prime offer, so you now have until March 2019 to get this free Warframe. Don’t miss out.

Can't get it because Twitch Prime is not available in my country :( @[DE]Helen is there any other way to get this? Please, help. Thanks.

@[DE]Helen  

On 2018-10-24 at 5:19 PM, Tengarnos said:

5.99 for a full and growing game is way to less. Show me one current full game released within the last months, with single and multiplayer options, still living and high player base which costs only 6 bucks. You wont find one. If you think that 6 bucks in plat is like buying the game you are totally wrong. Even early access games with so much content costs around 14 bucks at least. So no you didn't buy the game and its not enough to say that they owe you something.

While you are not wrong that you do them a favour by playing it, its not so that they already gave you a game to access and play without paying a buck. You dont need subscription to play it either. So no they don't owe you a damn #*!%.

I'd never buy that scam overpriced game early 'access' practice that's everywhere these days. Just because everyone is trying to scam people like that, it doesn't turn the scam into something good. If you like being scammed then be my guest. $5.99 for a game I play 1h a day is enough. I also would never buy a game for $50 like they cost these days. If anything I'd probably download it cracked if I really liked it.

Anywhere I or any other person spends their time is doing someone a favour, we all have only one life and it's worth plenty.

Edited by Guest