Beginner player

ILDummy

Question

Hi guys, i'm a new player of this fantastic game, is everything i wanted. 

I want to ask if there is a list of things to do... for example

1. Complete star chart;

2. ...

3. ... 

Or a good path to grow up witouth losing time.

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, ILDummy said:

Hi guys, i'm a new player of this fantastic game, is everything i wanted. 

I want to ask if there is a list of things to do... for example

1. Complete star chart;

2. ...

3. ... 

Or a good path to grow up witouth losing time.

Idr how many hrs I dumped every day off when i first played but my eyes were practically bleeding.

On topic...try to jam out quests then go back to star chart, then quests. then maybe weapons, just keep changing ur focus when u hit a wall and it should go relatively smoothly.

Quests and leveling new weapons are the biggest factor tho imo

Edited by (PS4)sealed_jsword1

Mostly just complete the star chart and doing quests as you can.

By the time you reach around.... I think it's Neptune? Might be Uranus... nn anyways, there'll be a thing that happens that is "weird", and you'll need to scan it using a scanner or synthesis scanner item. That gets you on the main story quest chain.

For shorter term goals to keep the accomplishment treadmill going, do a bit of research on the Wiki for what frames and weapons you might like, and try to get them. Weapons make for great short-term, with Frames themselves being decent short to mid term. You'll want to make basically everything at least once at some point, as MR is tied to ranking up pieces of gear.

Get yourself a set of best equipment your mastery rank can get.

By the time you get to MR3, I highly recommend you pick Lex off the market for 50k credits, 
there are occasions where battle is tough and enemies do not die easily.

For rifle there is Vectis at MR2 which is a single shot bolt action sniper rifle, it won't be too comfortable
using unless you are used to sniping, but the high base damage can tide you through tough battles
when you really need more firepower and the automatics just don't cut it.

Lex and Vectis are long range weapons, because without much mods to beef up your warframe, your better chance of survival is 
picking enemies off a distance instead of trying to rush in for close quarters.

Try to pick of enemies at the longest possible range your direct line-of-sight allows. Though remember to close in for loots.

Try not to rely on match making as much as possible, unless you are planning to spend more time
waiting for a squad than actually clearing the star chart.

A squad is a good-to-have, not must have.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

My best advice IS clear the star chart beeecause clearing it gives you access to higher level maps which equal better resource drops for most items, which will in turn help you when you start building Warframe and Weapons. That and having someone taxi you to all the alters is a pain.

Weapon-wise ... me growing up loves the Latron, great accuracy, decent damage ... allows for a lot of control.

Second bit of advice, stock up on forma ... and orokin cells. When ever you get a chance to save them do so.

27 minutes ago, ILDummy said:

1. Complete star chart;

2. ...

3. ... 

2. run fissures to get prime parts and sell them to get plat to get slots to get all frames/weapons so you can find the "best" equipment

3. explore anything! Plains of Eidolon will have many secrets when you have done the Star Chart *hint*

4. get more plat

5. buy skins and Fashionframe to your hearts content

Welcom tenno.

My main recommandation is to take your time. IF you feel like rushing and do everything as soon as possible, feel free to do so. If you feel like takeing it slow, completing nodes before unlocking the next planet, feel free to do so. Take your time to play, you will enjoy the most.

As far as progression.
Others said before me, your main focus should be completing the star chart and completing quests. Following the quests you will learn new things about the game and completing nodes will give you access to more types of missions.

Pick up new weapons and frames when you can, your MR is tied to ranking them up.

Explore.
Don't be afraid to stop for a second in the middle of a mission to unlock some containers, get resources, or just enjoy the view. Who know you might find something... *hint* *hint*.
Don't let anyone say what you should and shouldn't do in the game. Explore, try stuff, make mistakes and learn. It's just another game at the end of the day.

Some smaller tips:

• Sell a weapon or a frame only after getting it to rank 30, it will be a shame to rank it up all over again for missing MR points.
  • Learn to mod. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube and what not. Just remember that there is no such thing as "best build" even if people say it. Your modding should fit for you mostly and later on for your entire squad as well.
  • Take any oppretunity to do the Nitain Extract alerts. You will thank me later (another reason to unlock node).
  • Don't bother too much with the Plains of Eidolon before completing The War Within quest. It's just the best time to start investing time there as this content is so seperate and different than the rest of the game. I don't say you shouldn't play there. The same goes, hopfully not, to Fortuna (upcoming feature).
  • There are a lot of veteran players who may take you under thier wing and teach you stuff closely and even play with you. Don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. Recruiting chat is your friend.
  • Following the tip above, join a clan. The community is very welcoming and I heard it's easy for new players to join a clan. Just remmeber to contribute your part in the clan when needed.

If you have any more questions, feel free to quote me and ask, I will answer when I can.