[DE]Rebecca

Where is update 23.10.0?!

Il y a 16 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Cautious Shot (Unique): -90% Self Damage, -30% -15% Total Damage

-90% self damage is ridiculously low for both a mod slot and -15% overall damages.
Most of Warframe with normal survivability build would still get oneshot by most of explosive weapons. Let's take the example of Saryn and two most used explosive weapons, Ogris and Phantasma.

• With 2 Umbra mods and Arcane Guardian (thing that rarely happen), Saryn who is supposed to be quite tanky get 3717 EHP, which may sound great but not really.

• My Phantasma deal 4250.5 damages per shot which would be ok with 90% damage reduction BUT the phatasma shoot 11 projectiles which each deal the base damages, resulting to 46755.5 damages per shot. This result to 4676.55 damages after the self damage reduction of the mod and this still higher than the previous Saryn EHP. In this case, we could charge a bit less on close range but at this point, let's use another weapons when you are to close from the target.

• For Ogris, I get about 40000 damages which lead to 4000 damages after the reduction, it still higher than the previous Saryn EHP.

Also both of the weapons have nearly 100% status change and a ton of gas damages, so even with lower damages you would still have huge chances to kill yourself you are not reactive enough to cancel the status effect.

From what I read, it's much better using Rolling Guard to dodge your own projectile rather than using this mod and this is kinda sad to see new mods that are already useless before their release.

A good way to make it work and balanced would be to, instead of flat 90% damage reduction, cap the self damage to x% of your warframe max HP. It could start from 95% and decrease to 50% when ranking up.

• Upvote 2

Vigorous swap... 2 questions

does it work with mesas peacekeepers ?

does it work with the zenistar?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the self damage discussion: I think the major problem with self damage guns is.....any other player or any pet or any allied operative can suddenly jump in front of you and you kill yourself. If I'm about to shoot a grenade down a corridor and suddenly any allied entity decides to move in front of me, I kill myself. The other day I tried to use Phantasma with Khora. I found out I CAN NOT, EVER, since Venari LOVES to jump in front of me at the same moment I shoot the alt fire mode of the Phantasma.

How is this fair? How am I supposed to control the actions of other entities, some of which are AI so I can't even ask them to be careful (not that random public players will ever listen/care anyway)?  So for me the solution is simple, our fire should go through allied entities at all times. No need to eliminate self damage or release bad bandaid mods.

What do you think?

• Upvote 1

@[DE]Rebecca

I know it's OT, have you ever thought of treating alternative helmets like the syandana?

i mean , back in the time we had accessory and syandana sharing same color, do you think is possible separate the helmet color parts from the rest of the body? 

some helmet don't really match with some deluxe, and have a separate color on the head allow us to "fix" the problem or do better fashion frame 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Cautious Shot (Unique): -90% Self Damage, -30% -15% Total Damage

i prefer a set amount of self damage over this.. example : if it has 500 self damage on explosion, all warframe with vitality mod equipped on can survive it.. even loki and ivara at full health.. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Vigorous Swap (Warframe): On Equip: +165% damage for 3s, +100% Holster Speed
Rolling Guard (Warframe): On Dodge: Become invulnerable for 3s and remove all Status Effects. 7s cooldown.

As much power as there is in these mods, I do not like the direction this is taking. Warframe power damage is already abysmal, and now we're getting mods to improve a warframe's ability to support gunfighting even more. At some point, the discrepancy between viability of ability damage and weapon damage does need to get addressed.

il y a 56 minutes, MinerPrime a dit :

from what people are saying it will be chimera something there was a post about it from one of the devs, before this about a "chimera prologue"

Ye, Steve tweeted about it some time ago. I guess we'll see tonight 😄

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

[citizen snips]Saryn who is supposed to be quite tanky get 3717 EHP, which may sound great but not really.

[more snips]

• My Phantasma deal 4250.5 damages per shot

• For Ogris, I get about 40000 damages which lead to 4000 damages after the reduction,

[snips the RETURN]

you're forgetting something. 4250 X 0.85. the -15% damage lowers it to 3615. Which is below your EHP.  Ogris drops to 3400. You'll survive.

Also: stop shooting yourself. 😂

Edited by Braethias
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Braethias said:

you're forgetting something. 4250 X 0.85. the -15% damage lowers it to 3615. Which is below your EHP. You'll survive.

Assuming you're max health, which you rarely ever are give slash, toxin eximus, any run past 5 mins in general. And you arent really planning to shoot yourself, it happens mid combat.

Granted, but still, it's still survivable. I've blown myself up with my penta SO many times. That round donks and goes some wonky direction and i'm 0.03cm too close and woops there goes my face!

I probably won't use it though. I use -accuracy on my ogris for carpet bombing and that means having distance. My gripe though is teammates/pets that suddenly jump in front of you from offscreen, but having a mod for that specifically is ... weird.

50 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

As much power as there is in these mods, I do not like the direction this is taking. Warframe power damage is already abysmal, and now we're getting mods to improve a warframe's ability to support gunfighting even more. At some point, the discrepancy between viability of ability damage and weapon damage does need to get addressed.

Don't use it then 👍

• Haha 3

As someone who really likes explosive weapons, I likely won't be using the -self damage mod for a few reasons:

• I've already trained myself in good explosive practice. I often go entire missions without self-damage, and let me tell you launchers are really effective if you think a little more than you usually do. I likely can't make it 5 missions without self-damage I admit, but a mod only useful once every 5 missions isn't very useful.
  • It takes a mod slot. Yes, obviously, but one mod slot can make a lot of difference in a build.
  • It's likely going to be expensive in mod capacity. Punchthrough is good, really good, but I never use it because I'm an early-game player where even .2 punchthrough is too expensive for my no-forma weapons. Now, this clearly is intended for endgame players, but endgame players are more likely to be well-trained in their launchers.
  • It'll really only be useful at very high mod ranks. Explosives do a TON of damage, and so -50% self damage will likely not be enough to save you. So, this mod will require investment: something that isn't a big deal for high-end players, but it a bit bigger deal for lower-end ones like me who can't even afford to max out serration.

The short version is that it's an endgame mod with an early game training wheels use. I'm sure there will be people who use it! I just think it'll be less a staple on launchers and more for interesting gimmicks.

Other than that, Adaptation might be useful for taking on rapid fire threats, but I'm less sold on the rest. Power donation might just be more notable if it's easier to get than some other auras.

All the non-mod stuff in this update, however, sounds amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DemacC said:

Vigorous swap... 2 questions

does it work with mesas peacekeepers ?

does it work with the zenistar?

I'm more curious to see if this really means how it looks, players can just do continuous primary/secondary switching, fire off a few shots, switch, fire off a few, switch again... and get a near "continuous" +165% damage perk.

3 minutes ago, Eranio2010 said:

News for update time? 

Primed Soon

Sharpshooter (Sniper): +15 Energy on Headshot Ki̶̲͕̽͗ll

If only this had the Hush mod built in (silencing the weapon) it would be great for prowling Ivara. Sacrificing 2 mod slots for utility is a lot harder, will have to see how it works I guess.

4 minutes ago, dw3t said:

Primed Soon

I'm not even in that much of a rush. After the Rhino Prime unvaulting and getting mine, I've been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Put that on hold during Baro weekend where I got all 4 essential Primed mods (not the faction banes) and back to my TR game, having recently started my NG+.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb dw3t:

Primed Soon

Not helpfull 

He have write

Check back tomorrow, Oct 11, for status updates!

Glitchy text, promises, Clem prime, MAINLINE, Rebecca?! These terms... Dear God it's happening, what we all feared... Warframe for the Wii. Be afraid, be very afraid.

9 minutes ago, Eranio2010 said:

Not helpfull 

He have write

Check back tomorrow, Oct 11, for status updates!

A question was asked, that question was answered. 

I think "Primed Soon" is pretty fitting, since they do not know if it will be out today.

1 minute ago, Diveris said:

A question was asked, that question was answered. 

I think "Primed Soon" is pretty fitting, since they do not know if it will be out today.

They seemed pretty confident about it but only time will tell.