[DE]Rebecca

Where is update 23.10.0?!

I HOPE THE GAME AFTER THE UPDATE "PROB 1-2 MORE DAYS" Dont have *UNEXPECTED BUGS* 

cuz seems like you guys are working so hard for months to bring new content  to the game that last like 5 mins gameplay 

so i hope we dont get ·$&/·("&$/·( Bugs

• Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Yagoid:

Freedom of opinion does not protect you from criticism, nor does it justify your entitled behaviour. It is currently 9:59pm EDT, which means that DE employees have been in the office about 5 hours more than is expected of them just to push this update out in a non broken state. If you think that they'd rather sit in the office to read the forums to "drink coffee" and laugh at walls of texts than go home to their families then boy do I got news for you.  

This is here the right place for critics he have write was he not the full team

2 minutes ago, --NPB--Captain-Thunder- said:

Man, I understand but if they have a lot of things to correct, then why they have to give us an specific launching day?

They didn't, though.

Last week they said "Maybe next week"

Yesterday they said "It might be tomorrow but it might not"

In the prime time announcement they said "If everything works right we do public build, otherwise dev build"

They gave us a LOT of maybes. The problem is that "Maybe" means "Certainly" for most people that hear it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Perhaps people might criticize DE less if they could have any schedule met in the last forever and have releases that weren't supremely buggy, or keep regular content (or even recycled old content) sustainably flowing.

You are correct, one can voice an opinion, but that doesn't shield them from counterpoint and consequence.

People are right to be annoyed and this is the official place to express their frustrations and disappointments on the topic.    

"Check back tomorrow for confirmation of if ̵̩͑w̷̙͒ẹ̸͋'̶͓̓r̸̢͘e̸̖̽ ̴̮̀g̸̲͐ò̴ͅi̴̧̐n̸̝̽g̵̙͆ ̵͍̀t̶̜͑o̶͕͗ ̵̫͌m̴̦̅a̵̘͘k̷̝̀ę̸̉ the planned Thursday release!"

never confirmed thursday

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

You gotta pump those number higher tenno.

Only if I had more endo

Better a late release than never, or a glitchy terrible mess.

But really, fixing bugs and glitches is by no means a easy task and the amount of work you guys and gals over at DE is astonishing.

For those that get mad or anoyed by the delays, or think that working on a game for those who are programmers, is having it easy, you gotta remember that DE isnt using your typical ''maker'' program you can buy on Steam, or something you find in your local second hand shop from the 90s, but every function in the game is made of code. Change, add or fix the said code, it may or may not create new problems. Sometimes game bugs or glitches work like a Hydra. You cut one of its heads off, 2 more emerges, cut those 2, if not done correctly, could spawn even more heads (I think there is a better anology here but its very late over at my place so im way tired to think of any).

I admire the incredible work that all programmers do to bring us games, programs and other goodies made of codes to us users to play with.

If DE says ''it be today'' but it isnt, something must have happened when they where trying to fix issues and things got alot more complicated or unpredictable at the end.
Im gonna say it. You deserve the rest with the amount of work you done over the past years. You have a good rest DE, you earned it.

(This comment isnt specifly aimed on everyone in the comment section, just the minority who may not know the complications of programming, or seems to have the wrong ideas on how programming works. The rest of you who understands and wishes DE good nights rest, deserves a hug, lots of them).

• Like 1

Just now, Jivy said:

wait when is it coming out?

they are going to try tomorrow after 5 hours of extra crunch time at the office i belive 

Just now, Jivy said:

five minutes before they leave the office for the weekend on Friday.  I bet 1 Million credits on it.

2 minutes ago, Jivy said:

Not today.  That's all you can really say, anything else is conjecture.

Edited by Soulgazer

Just now, Acid75 said:

I HOPE THE GAME AFTER THE UPDATE "PROB 1-2 MORE DAYS" Dont have *UNEXPECTED BUGS* 

cuz seems like you guys are working so hard for months to bring new content  to the game that last like 5 mins gameplay 

We will, 135%, have bugs. In fact we even have a chance of going from yellow bugs to orange bugs.

Have you never played an online game before?

3 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Perhaps people might criticize DE less if they could have any schedule met in the last forever and have releases that weren't supremely buggy, or keep regular content (or even recycled old content) sustainably flowing.

People are right to be annoyed and this is the official place to express their frustrations on the topic.    

You raise fair points sir, although I believe our frustrations could be voiced less.... aggressively. Doing otherwise weakens our arguments altogether and makes it less likely for constructive criticism to be heard and applied. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Julian_Skies said:

We will, 135%, have bugs. In fact we even have a chance of going from yellow bugs to orange bugs.

Have you never played an online game before?

with TONS AND TONS of bugs that they never fix nope

i have played a lot of online games that make updates every week with awesome content and 0 bugs 😄

27 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah they said that in a stream a while back iirc, it still doesn't actually change anything other than a tiny increase in the drop chance of the mods we'll be after, it is still primarily endo/ayatan, just larger amounts.... in all honesty though based on that drop table it will be more efficient to just do rotation a and restart imo. 

It's still an alert that spawns on the hour, for an hour, with an extraction reward on completion. 

Once you've extracted at rotation a, why do you expect to immediately be able to repeat it again without waiting an hour for the next mission rotation?

I highly doubt they would let you earn 6 reward tokens per hour. The arbiter vendor costs would be drastically higher if that were the case.

Edited by Kokomala

people really need to chill especially the guy spamming red text on every page, they are human being just like us, coding and stuff can be really hard and they really try their best for us, so please, give them some time

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Klokwerkaos:

five minutes before they leave the office for the weekend on Friday.  I bet 1 Million credits on it.

You mean All devs are home and the trainees publish the update
and no one can fixed it this week

1 minute ago, Khaltzane said:

They didnt say it would be out today though. They said they were hoping to get it out today. That wasn't a broken promise

keep wondering why they dont just get everything ready 

and THEN

tell us we are going to update expect further fixes....

i mean if something goes wrong with the clean build they are uploading 

I'm not especially salty myself, but honestly, while it's fair to say "this is just how DE does things" it's also just unprofessional. A Build/Update should be done and ready to ship before they actually mention it, saying "maybe next week" is one thing, saying "we'll try to have it out tonight" is fine, but it's unprofessional, it's like they're tapping you on the shoulder and going 'hey by the way might be posting an update later today'. It's in no way a promise for sure, but they also have to expect that if they fail to deliver anything, people will be annoyed.

As for all you people telling off people who are being vitriolic 'obviously you've never worked in software development' I request you point out any professional software developer who announced that a build might be out sometime in the near future. They outlined a 'thursday' release and posted this thread to inform us of it. No one made them do that, if they didn't have a build ready they should've just said nothing.

Frankly I wish they'd just avoid threads like this all together, and give us things like "sometime this month" at the most until they have a build actually finished and ready to release. Imagine how much headache they could save themselves if they just crunched on Thursday/Friday to finish a build and said "okay guys the patch will be out this Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday" whenever. Nobody would be salty and they'd have possibly a whole week to fix any bugs that crop up before the next weekend.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for putting in the extra time to try to get it out tonight I'm excited to try out all the new stuff when it's all finished up and ships out 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Acid75 said:

Yeah!  Make it perfect AND faster and better and also last longer!  Why wasn't it here days ago?  Also: the last ones were bad!

Angryrawr tenno SMASH!

😛

• Haha 1