[DE]Rebecca

Where is update 23.10.0?!

We didn't lose anything by them deciding not to release it today and wait till tomorrow. As for people who are complaining because they stayed up late, time management is important, don't neglect your responsibilities just because of hype, the update isn't going to leave as soon as it drops. Just wait, be patient, focus.

On the side note I'm really enjoying a game called Darkwood for the moment, anyone else playing spooky games?

1 minute ago, FreeWilliam said:

Yeah!  Make it perfect AND faster and better and also last longer!  Why wasn't it here days ago?  Also: the last ones were bad!

Angryrawr tenno SMASH!

😛

wouldn t you do it better if u can do it?

im sorry i dont do that thing you do with the tongue to make feel good the unprofesional stuffs -just saying

😄

16 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

What do you mean by finish the star chart? Unlock on planets, or complete every mission node? 

i would also like to know this, but this thread is being filled with people who are overreacting to the 1 or 2 people that dont have patch patience and think 100 people are filling the forum

everytime

every single time its like this aaaahhhhh

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We gotta call it a night sadly, thank you everyone for your patience! See you tomorrow. Feels like old times with these late night calls!

Reb, I'm glad the team decided to call it for the evening...you guys will have a lot of work this winter, and there's no sense in stressing now when there are no super-pressing deadlines.

To all of the DE team, get some sleep and have a restful night.  We as your customers and fans appreciate your hard work.

We'll see you all in the morning!

• Haha 1

Just now, Helm said:

i would also like to know this, but this thread is being filled with people who are overreacting to the 1 or 2 people that dont have patch patience and think 100 people are filling the forum

everytime

every single time its like this aaaahhhhh

In your ingame profile there is a stat somewhere called "Starchat progression" or something, if that is done, you should be good to go.

1 minute ago, Eranio2010 said:

The best sign 

https://ibb.co/cA8ueU

DE lost Players and Players 

And he write only and answered nothing

You do know that's been the trend basically every year... Warframe has never had a stable playerbase

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

What do you mean by finish the star chart? Unlock on planets, or complete every mission node? 

It's finish every mission node. If you check your in game stats, it will tell you how many nodes you've completed vs how many nodes there are. 

5 minutes ago, 8r8kSpider said:

I'm not especially salty myself, but honestly, while it's fair to say "this is just how DE does things" it's also just unprofessional. A Build/Update should be done and ready to ship before they actually mention it, saying "maybe next week" is one thing, saying "we'll try to have it out tonight" is fine, but it's unprofessional, it's like they're tapping you on the shoulder and going 'hey by the way might be posting an update later today'. It's in no way a promise for sure, but they also have to expect that if they fail to deliver anything, people will be annoyed.

As for all you people telling off people who are being vitriolic 'obviously you've never worked in software development' I request you point out any professional software developer who announced that a build might be out sometime in the near future. They outlined a 'thursday' release and posted this thread to inform us of it. No one made them do that, if they didn't have a build ready they should've just said nothing.

Frankly I wish they'd just avoid threads like this all together, and give us things like "sometime this month" at the most until they have a build actually finished and ready to release. Imagine how much headache they could save themselves if they just crunched on Thursday/Friday to finish a build and said "okay guys the patch will be out this Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday" whenever. Nobody would be salty and they'd have possibly a whole week to fix any bugs that crop up before the next weekend.

Exactly, it is like teasing you 10 times before giving you something. Almost every update is delayed. If delayed once or twice in a while, we can tolerate but 9 out of 10 times of primed sooon? but the fanboys here I guess are too afraid to voice their opinion, instead of asking DE to keep their progress on the right track, they tell DE, "Oh, it is completely fine, don't burn yourself out, you can deliver it next month." 

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Acid75 said:

wouldn t you do it better if u can do it?

...be a bunch of highly skilled and experienced developers working with a system more complicated than most business applications and have a code cycle that's almost impossible to beat in the corporate world, but also better?

I mean...yeah I suppose if I had enough Unicorn spit to drink and had access to a Tardis I'd get around to it after I ran out of pretty aliens and time travelers.  

Is that something that I should be preparing for?

• Haha 1

Normal people who are as late as DE, as frequently as DE end up divorced and/or jobless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FreeWilliam said:

...be a bunch of highly skilled and experienced developers working with a system more complicated than most business applications and have a code cycle that's almost impossible to beat in the corporate world, but also better?

I mean...yeah I suppose if I had enough Unicorn spit to drink and had access to a Tardis I'd get around to it after I ran out of pretty aliens and time travelers.  

OKEI OKEI you win this round HAHAHAHAH

• Haha 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb HeartPurity:

Exactly, it is like teasing you 10 times before giving you something. Almost every update is delayed. If delayed once or twice in a while, we can tolerate but 9 out of 10 times of primed sooon? but the fanboys here I guess are too afraid to voice their opinion, instead of asking DE to keep their progress on the right track, they tell DE, "Oh, it is completely fine, don't burn yourself out, you can deliver it next month." 

Never answered from DE! 

You can now ask everything and no one answered you. 

He answered only for edit news not more 

Show on last stuff replies

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Acid75 said:
2 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

OKEI OKEI you win this round HAHAHAHAH

I was hoping you'd tell me to get ready!

Now -I- am all disappointed!  😉

Seriously though, I really don't think people go through those release notes and compare them with what other development teams worldwide are doing  I'd KILL for a team like theirs in my industry (And I'm data analytics in healthcare, we literally need people like that so people die less)

• Applause 1

15 minutes ago, 8r8kSpider said:

I'm not especially salty myself, but honestly, while it's fair to say "this is just how DE does things" it's also just unprofessional. A Build/Update should be done and ready to ship before they actually mention it, saying "maybe next week" is one thing, saying "we'll try to have it out tonight" is fine, but it's unprofessional, it's like they're tapping you on the shoulder and going 'hey by the way might be posting an update later today'. It's in no way a promise for sure, but they also have to expect that if they fail to deliver anything, people will be annoyed.

As for all you people telling off people who are being vitriolic 'obviously you've never worked in software development' I request you point out any professional software developer who announced that a build might be out sometime in the near future. They outlined a 'thursday' release and posted this thread to inform us of it. No one made them do that, if they didn't have a build ready they should've just said nothing.

Frankly I wish they'd just avoid threads like this all together, and give us things like "sometime this month" at the most until they have a build actually finished and ready to release. Imagine how much headache they could save themselves if they just crunched on Thursday/Friday to finish a build and said "okay guys the patch will be out this Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday" whenever. Nobody would be salty and they'd have possibly a whole week to fix any bugs that crop up before the next weekend.

You would be surprised how many "professional companies" still have these deadline issues where they instead release a disastrous patch, half the time, its not the devs that want to release broken patches but the suits which results in even worse player feedback. ofc a deadline should be met but forcing a broken patch is worse, imo i think DE should stop self imposing deadlines + announcing them and release when its ready.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks DE, for actually focusing on getting this right rather than rushing it out. I'd rather wait an extra day and have a great experience than a broken experience a day early.

(flashbacks of when TF2's matchmaking changes knocked the servers offline for a week)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 2018-10-10 at 2:13 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

OCT 11 EDIT 5:

It's getting late, but we're still focused on finishing the build. We've updated the public drop tables here.

Where is Cautious Shot and Power Donation?

1 minute ago, Neith7 said:

Where is Cautious Shot and Power Donation?

They're sold by the new guy in the Arbiters of Hexis room on the relays. You trade in Vitanium for them, which drops from Arbitrations (one per reward cycle IIRC).

Ninja edit: they should cost 17 Vitanium each, assuming they keep the dev build costs seen on the stream

Edited by Nathan2055

2 minutes ago, Nathan2055 said:

They're sold by the new guy in the Arbiters of Hexis room on the relays. You trade in Vitanium for them, which drops from Arbitrations (one per reward cycle IIRC).

Ninja edit: they should cost 17 Vitanium each, assuming they keep the dev build costs seen on the stream

Thank you, I must have missed that part of the stream.

5 minutes ago, boscodash said:

You would be surprised how many "professional companies" still have these deadline issues where they instead release a disastrous patch, half the time, its not the devs that want to release broken patches but the suits which results in even worse player feedback. ofc a deadline should be met but forcing a broken patch is worse, imo i think DE should stop self imposing deadlines + announcing them and release when its ready.

I've been wishing they would stop with the 'we'll try to have it out today' announcements for years at this point, because everyone always treats it like a promise and the mountains of salt are ridiculous.

• Like 1

Because sometimes Primed Mods aren't OP enough.  REEEEEEEEEEEE

umbral%20delay_zpsy4eotgsq.png?t=1539226 

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Haha 1