[DE]Rebecca

Where is update 23.10.0?!

Cautious Shot (Unique): -90% Self Damage, -30% Total Damage

This is terrible and useless. The fact that we're being given yet another band-aid mod to fix problems that shouldn't exist to start with is bad enough, but this is just laughable. At the bare minimum, the mod should just be "removes self-damage, period." Then it might - MIGHT - be worth expending one of our eight slots on, although even then I doubt it. Recognize that you have doomed self-damage weapons to uselessness until you stop being stubborn about them, as you continue to be stubborn about other things such as universal vacuum, without which pets will always be doomed to uselessness.

This is not "orthogonality". This is not "interesting gameplay choices". It is the torment of willfully bad game design, of poor choices made and heels dug in over for years despite overwhelming negative feedback.

Edited by Cryssoberyl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

That should be -100% Self Damage. Self damage in this game makes a lot of potentially fun weapons not get picked at all. This won't change that except maybe on a frame that's already tanky on top of getting that -90% self damage. A low armored frame without DR abilities still will take too much damage with this mod that takes up a valuable mod slot. IE: if it lowers 20k+ damage on self to 2k+, that's still going to kill or almost kill you if you don't have a decent amount of damage reduction for yourself on top of the mod.

Self-damage link Trinity only worked as well as it did because she could achieve 100% damage reduction with diamond skin and aviator. If you didn't jump or lag made the game think you weren't in the air when you did self-damage, you could one shot yourself even with a very large amount of damage reduction. You had to hit that 100% to survive reliably.

That's also a huge price to pay to still leave self-damage weapons in a lackluster place. 

tonkor PTSD...

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -_Price_Checker said:

will the spiral gearwheel mess up peoples gear keybinds?

Theoretically speaking no. If i remember correctly they said that the gear starts as usual with its 12 slots, but the more items you put, the more it expands

PC̴͖͗̾͜

w̷̙͒ẹ̸͋'̶͓̓r̸̢͘e̸̖̽ ̴̮̀g̸̲͐ò̴ͅi̴̧̐n̸̝̽g̵̙͆ ̵͍̀t̶̜͑o̶͕͗ ̵̫͌m̴̦̅a̵̘͘k̷̝̀ę̸̉

H̴͋͜exis

Å̵̯lerts

Ki̶̲͕̽͗ll

D̴̤̉a̴̰̣̝͊͐ḿ̵̧̟̪͒a̸̹̋g̸̹̕͜e̸̙͝

M̶̠̃ẻ̷̤lee

Operator̸̜̆

so far ive seen people think heat damage is meta to chimera is damage lots of conflicting thoughts

Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

New Mod details:

• Sharpshooter (Sniper): +15 Energy on Headshot Ki̶̲͕̽͗ll
    Power Donation (Aura): -30% Power Strength, +30% Power Strength for teammates
    Vigorous Swap (Warframe): On Equip: +165% damage for 3s, +100% Holster Speed
    Rolling Guard (Warframe): On Dodge: Become invulnerable for 3s and remove all Status Effects. 7s cooldown.
    Adaptation (Warframe): When Damaged: +10% resistance to that D̴̤̉a̴̰̣̝͊͐ḿ̵̧̟̪͒a̸̹̋g̸̹̕͜e̸̙͝ Type for 20s. Stacks up to 90%.

-Nice reward for good aim, might make Snipers more usefull in regular missions.

-Exactly what people wanted for years, the drawback is fair, perfect.

-Kinda OP? There are a couple frames/builds that doesn't require strenght (or requires les than 100% strenght), and if 4 teammates use it they'll all have a net +60% Power Strenght... (instead of 100% for 6 sec after proc, which is better but sometimes harder to use).

-Not a fan of weapon-switching, but it might be used a bit. Just hope it won't be abused by stacking Holster Speed mods, but we'll see how people use it when it comes out.

-Not sure about that one. I personnaly don't roll unless my Melee is out  because I can't seem to bind anything on my controller without removing everything else from the button, but that's just me. The mod seems ok, the cooldown is indeed necessary, otherwise it would be like those people spamming Atlas' or Exca's 1 to stay invincible, but total immunity are removing all Status effect? Basically that mod would be a substitute to every Cleansing effect like Hallowed Ground, Inaros' 4th augment, Wyrm's new-ish mod, etc. Sure it adds survivbility if you stay mobile, but at the same time is it too much? 

-This one is.... idk. Is that supposed to be some kind of Sentient mod? Because ranking up to 90% seems waaaay to much even for Sentients. Even if it's just one type at a time, it would still be able to protect you from 90% of a damage type even tho each Faction has a main damage type.

Grineers use Impact (Lancers, Troopers, Heavy Gunner, Ballista, Seekers, etc.), then Slash (Elite Lancers, Butchers, Scorpions, Eviscerators), Fire (Scorshes, Napalms, Flameblades, Hyekka Masters, etc.) and then Blast (Bombards, Hellions, Mortars, Latchers, etc.).

Corpus use Puncture (Crewmen, MOAs, Railgun MOAs, Bursas, Scavenger Drones, etc.), Electricity (Damn Ratels, Counter-MOAs, Sniper Crewmen, Nullifiers, Lecta Combas/Scrambus, etc.), Slash (Elite Crewman), Blast (Bursas, Mine Ospreys, Angstrum Combas/Scrambus, etc.), etc.

Infested use Slash, Toxin and sometimes Corrosive/Viral (including environmental hazard).

And since Sorties can sometimes add one type to any faction, that random type might be the one that is always blocked, which means that this mod could potentialy trivialise those modifiers. It's not a bad mod at all, even if the DR is removed after 20sec, but I think it might be a little too much, especialy for already tanky frames that could survive a nuclear war because of Arcanes and stuff. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So I gotta ask, does this stack on itself? If so, what's this going to do for Speed Nova? If everyone is using it then essentially it negates any Overextended.

-30% 15% Total Damage

They already buffed Cautious Shot guys, congrats.

• Like 1

Cautious Shot is worthless, most frames will still kill themselves with self damage even with this mod and it has an enormous drawback

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, xcenic said:

Jesus Christ this is amazing. I cant wait to make my speed nova more speed nova and increase party strengh? 

Oh yeah.... Jesus christ that's going to be insane... Won't that actually get very close, if not actually 0% strength....? 

Last week we told you the next PC̴͖͗̾͜ update will be a Mainline - that's the plan! It won't be coming today, though. Check back tomorrow for confirmation of if ̵̩͑w̷̙͒ẹ̸͋'̶͓̓r̸̢͘e̸̖̽ ̴̮̀g̸̲͐ò̴ͅi̴̧̐n̸̝̽g̵̙͆ ̵͍̀t̶̜͑o̶͕͗ ̵̫͌m̴̦̅a̵̘͘k̷̝̀ę̸̉ the planned Thursday release!

An important recap:

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of H̴͋͜exis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Å̵̯lerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards.

New Mod details:
  • Sharpshooter (Sniper): +15 Energy on Headshot Ki̶̲͕̽͗ll
    Vigorous Swap (Warframe): On Equip: +165% damage for 3s, +100% Holster Speed
    Rolling Guard (Warframe): On Dodge: Become invulnerable for 3s and remove all Status Effects. 7s cooldown.
    Adaptation (Warframe): When Damaged: +10% resistance to that D̴̤̉a̴̰̣̝͊͐ḿ̵̧̟̪͒a̸̹̋g̸̹̕͜e̸̙͝ Type for 20s. Stacks up to 90%. 

- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables!
- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots!
- New M̶̠̃ẻ̷̤lee weapons!
- Daily Tribute Overhaul!
- A/B/C Configurations for Operator̸̜̆ Customizations.
- + About 5 more pages of Changes and Fixes... this is actually more like 20 pages now! Ah!

Check back tomorrow, Oct 11, for status updates!

Colour code:

Observation: ___

Data: ___

Logic: ___

Conclusion: ___

Guesses/assumptions: ___

All words afflicted with “zalgo” text

Pc

We’re going to make

Hexis

Alerts

Kill

damage

Melee

Operator

First letters of words:

P W (R G T M) H A K D M O

No anagram found Maybe reference to PGW (paris game week coming up soon Warframe is participating)

Letters left: RTMHAKDMO

Assume DMO:mod

Letters left: RTMHAK No meaning found

All letter affected with zalgo (not crossed out)

C WE OI TO MAKE H A I DAM ME

First Letters can create “I’m watch mod”(in no specific order)

All letters: no anagram

Take out letters that make “mod” (seems logical) No anagram

All crossed out letter:

REGNAGER

Possible combinations:

RARG gene (Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma)

Seems unlikely

Reganger: french word for “to retake” or “to re-gain

Possible meaning

Final Conclusion

Possible connection between PGW (paris gaming week) and “reganger” French word for “to retake” or “to re-gain (not enough data found No conclusive evidence)

• Woah 3

2 hours ago, Xsoskeleton said:

y'all worryin about glitchy text, its just digital purple lotus being casual glitchy digital purple lotus

DAMNIT I WANT IT TO BE SOMETHING COOL AND SECRET

Is Rebecca turning into a moth? 

Either somethings going on with ordis, or Titanias Lämp, or de is just messing with us. 

C- were going to make- He-A-ill-damage-Me-r

thats from the afflicted letters of text

PC̴͖͗̾͜

w̷̙͒ẹ̸͋'̶͓̓r̸̢͘e̸̖̽ ̴̮̀g̸̲͐ò̴ͅi̴̧̐n̸̝̽g̵̙͆ ̵͍̀t̶̜͑o̶͕͗ ̵̫͌m̴̦̅a̵̘͘k̷̝̀ę̸̉

H̴͋͜exis

Å̵̯lerts

Ki̶̲͕̽͗ll

D̴̤̉a̴̰̣̝͊͐ḿ̵̧̟̪͒a̸̹̋g̸̹̕͜e̸̙͝

M̶̠̃ẻ̷̤lee

Operator̸̜̆

3 minutes ago, Sasher_69 said:

Colour code:

Observation: ___

Data: ___

Logic: ___

Conclusion: ___

Guesses/assumptions: ___

All words afflicted with “zalgo” text

Pc

We’re going to make

Hexis

Alerts

Kill

damage

Melee

Operator

First letters of words:

P W (R G T M) H A K D M O

No anagram found Maybe reference to PGW (paris game week coming up soon Warframe is participating)

Letters left: RTMHAKDMO

Assume DMO:mod

Letters left: RTMHAK No meaning found

All letter affected with zalgo (not crossed out)

C WE OI TO MAKE H A I DAM ME

First Letters can create “I’m watch mod”(in no specific order)

All letters: no anagram

Take out letters that make “mod” (seems logical) No anagram

All crossed out letter:

REGNAGER

Possible combinations:

RARG gene (Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma)

Seems unlikely

Reganger: french word for “to retake” or “to re-gain

Possible meaning

Final Conclusion

Possible connection between PGW (paris gaming week) and “reganger” French word for “to retake” or “to re-gain (not enough data found No conclusive evidence)

This has me hype for some reason

• Haha 1

Hope these are exilus

• Upvote 2

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of H̴͋͜exis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Å̵̯lerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards.

I know it's too late now, but I hope you guys are still willing to reconsider bumping the starting enemy level in Arbitrations back to 80-100. Or at least have a higher lvl option similar to ESO. Considering it's a game mode aimed at vets, it'd already give that immediate sense of high level and engagement straight from the get go, as opposed to waiting for things to ramp up. The extra challenge would be really welcome. Thanks!