Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis's 2ND Twitch drop, Why!?

SoulEaterReaper

Prime vault is used by alot of traders to buy items and hold them, its called hodling, and we hold the sets for you know, 1 Year or so to make a couple platinum, with a couple sets in mind 10-20 this does make a good profit.

Basically everytime now they do unpredicted twitch drops, trinity prime is totally ruined when its now gonna be in total 8 months avalible for free on twitch, and vectis? it wasn't even that expensive, yet they did it again and now everyone has to lose platinum or lose everything they saved.

I mean, people are waiting 6 to 12 months here and longer just for these sets to get a price, ur earning like 50-150 platinum per set depending how cheap you got it, FOR what, One year of waiting, totally unacceptable towards the trading community,  i would rather just buy a riven mod, flip it and have 3000 platinum for one mod, that equals the same as holding 30 sets for one year. 

1 riven mod = 30 sets holding for 1 year, wh, DE is clearly messing with everyone with this twitch advertising, and because they get income from twitch they are also obligated to ruin the game for everyone else.

I'm not seeing nobody talk about how impactful will be for Fang Prime. Baro will be sad with all that parts he buy for years... and probably the price of the set will go from 10p to 1-2p in no time - THIS IS A DISASTER DE, WHY!!!!!!

Edited by Kwikwilyaqa

2 hours ago, vvhorus said:

What market crashing? It's just two weapons that people can get for free ONLY if they have a twitch prime account. People who don't have twitch prime will most likely still be looking to buy one of those. Even if they don't, DE doesn't have to ask permission or consult anyone whether this will ruin their chances of selling anything. Plenty of other things to sell.

The drama...

I still find it funny that some players will buy stuff with the express purpose of selling it for grofit at a later date.

Selling spare items, or stuff you just don't use any more, I can understand. But it seems some players treat Warframe like the stock markets...speculating to accumulate.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 hours ago, vvhorus said:

What market crashing? It's just two weapons that people can get for free ONLY if they have a twitch prime account. People who don't have twitch prime will most likely still be looking to buy one of those. Even if they don't, DE doesn't have to ask permission or consult anyone whether this will ruin their chances of selling anything. Plenty of other things to sell.

The drama...

So you're telling me because of the exclusivity of twitch prime, we can just ignore minorities. It doesn't matter who's who as long as it's not you. People who want to buy can decide to get it for free and people who can't get mommy's credit card will still be... OH WAIT, a contradiction to the likelihood they'll have the power to buy. That's not how markets work. Diamonds are cheap in naturally found in nature, they're only worth a lot because someone decided to horde it all. If there's a well of diamonds open to public, diamond prices fall, it's literally supply and demand! Free Supply, low demand, low prices. But at least my Vectis riven goes up in price!

Yes DE doesn't need permission to change the rules up on us. It's their game, they can twitch drop founders if they wanted to exercise Chapter 8 of the EULA as no binding contract was nor can be made to hold DE accountable for their published content. But here's the real issue beyond the surface level, mess with the economy enough times and players lose faith in investing into the game. You change riven dispositions, people become afraid to buy/sell. You change prime rotations, people will be skeptical to buy/sell in and out of rotations. I guess it doesn't matter to folks like us who already have everything.

5 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I still find it funny that some players will buy stuff with the express purpose of selling it for grofit at a later date.

Selling spare items, or stuff you just don't use any more, I can understand. But it seems some players treat Warframe like the stock markets...speculating to accumulate.

Yes I speculate and accumulate too, but thankfully I didn't stock up on Fangs and Vectis Primes. The idea is that this is the best way to make plat without labor. Playing smart by putting in money for people who need it now and collect on interest at a later date, it's how the world has worked for the past century.

23 hours ago, Lame said:

I'm new to the game so I'm excited for this, however I just bought one last night not knowing about this until today. Luckily I was able to stop the build and sell it lol. I strongly believe it should be blueprints for players that already own them so they could at least sell it or gift. I feel bad for the "vets" that already own 95% of things..

Meh, still a free weapon slot, so no need to feel bad for 'em.  It's basically a free 20pl

11 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

So you're telling me because of the exclusivity of twitch prime, we can just ignore minorities. It doesn't matter who's who as long as it's not you. People who want to buy can decide to get it for free and people who can't get mommy's credit card will still be... OH WAIT, a contradiction to the likelihood they'll have the power to buy. That's not how markets work. Diamonds are cheap in naturally found in nature, they're only worth a lot because someone decided to horde it all. If there's a well of diamonds open to public, diamond prices fall, it's literally supply and demand! Free Supply, low demand, low prices. But at least my Vectis riven goes up in price!

What does this have to do with anything? Anyone can still buy the Vectis from someone else. It's not like all of a sudden all sell offers will vanish and the only way to get it would be to subscribe to Twitch Prime. Spare me the unfounded indignation...

17 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Yes DE doesn't need permission to change the rules up on us. It's their game, they can twitch drop founders if they wanted to exercise Chapter 8 of the EULA as no binding contract was nor can be made to hold DE accountable for their published content. But here's the real issue beyond the surface level, mess with the economy enough times and players lose faith in investing into the game. You change riven dispositions, people become afraid to buy/sell. You change prime rotations, people will be skeptical to buy/sell in and out of rotations. I guess it doesn't matter to folks like us who already have everything.

Again, another irrelevant argument, as no one has mentioned founder items anywhere. And yes, DE, like any other company, reserve the right to change the EULA terms at any time, per the 3rd paragraph of it. Don't like it? You know what to do.

THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE AMENDED, SUPPLEMENTED OR MODIFIED AT ANY TIME BY DIGITAL EXTREMES IN ITS DISCRETION, WHEN DE UPDATES OR UPGRADES THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT EFFECTIVE UPON PRIOR NOTICE AS FOLLOWS: Digital Extremes will post the revised version of this Agreement here: www.warframe.com, and may provide such other notice as DE may elect in its sole discretion. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 7 below. Your installation and use of any of Digital Extremes’ updates, upgrades or modifications to the Software or your continued use of the Software following notice of changes to this Agreement, shall conclusively demonstrate your acceptance of such changes. Digital Extremes may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Software at any time. Digital Extremes may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Software Product without notice or liability. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Software.

Ultimately, this is all about selling Twitch Prime accounts. You can either buy it or not. This is most likely beneficial to DE, and if it's good for DE, it's good for the game. Additionally, it's good for the players (especially those starting out) who can get these items. A few unhappy players who get their plat from trading means nothing compared to the potential revenue from an influx of new players. Unfortunately, you can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs...