The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My theories on the Cryptic text

elitedarkzero

Were going to make a damage ______ hhmmm what could that be? so here are the letters gathered from the text H E A iL M E R so heres my theory, its either A. something about a damage meter, B. maybe something to do with a damage HEALER, either way I am 100% certain its got something to do with melee 3.0 what do you guys think? 

1 minute ago, elitedarkzero said:

Personally I think it would be awesome to have a sword that could convert a Percentage of damage done to an AoE heal, maybe thats what they will do with channeled healing mods like Life Strike and Healing Return 

Sancti Magistar already does this, though more wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. 

What "Cryptic text" are you referring to, by the way?  Rebecca's "Where is update 23.10.0?!" post? 

If that's the case, I suspect it has more to do with either -

A:  Something they're adding in the update, Arbitrations being weird and all.

B:  Something they haven't mentioned yet, like another addition or Halloween themed item.  The glitch text is sometime used as a meme with lines from infested bosses, so it could be a reference there.  Or you know she's -

-Actual Spoiler-

Spoiler

Acting in character after what happened from Apostasy on and whats implied from the New War trailer. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Perhaps it's base mods with combination damage already in them like just strait up Viral etc?  

Could be, or it could be something new, or people have just assumed the words mean that and it could be something else.

We'll see tomorrow (or if Rebb wants to confirm :P)

I mean... @DeMonkey is right, the cryptic text is actually about the release date of Half Life 3. :clem:

On a more serious note though, my guess is that it has to do with the Arbiters of Hexis with the introduction of the Elite Alerts or something related with Fortuna. Who knows though, I guess we’ll find out soon. 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Perhaps it's base mods with combination damage already in them like just strait up Viral etc? 

Sounds snazzy, might end the "bane mods aren't worth" complaints as well, given the prime Banes are better damage wise than a second elemental, you just suffer because you don't get a good combination vs the relevant armour types.

18 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sounds snazzy, might end the "bane mods aren't worth" complaints as well, given the prime Banes are better damage wise than a second elemental, you just suffer because you don't get a good combination vs the relevant armour types.

Still don't think they'll do that, Because if we were just allowed to mod towards a "combo elemental" right off the bat I don't think anyone would even use the four base anymore. The procs of the combo's are respectably better.

34 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I mean... @DeMonkey is right, the cryptic text is actually about the release date of Half Life 3. :clem:

On a more serious note though, my guess is that it has to do with the Arbiters of Hexis with the introduction of the Elite Alerts or something related with Fortuna. Who knows though, I guess we’ll find out soon. 🤷‍♂️

That meme is as dead as my will to live