Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Рolarization of things

nozemi1

DE, I have an idea about polarization system. Currently we polarize thing and new polarity appears in all configs. What I propose - polarize Config A with the required polarities and Config B and C remain unchanged. But after 1st polarization you may can polarize Config B in Vazarin(e.g.) without the requirement of a form and without resetting the rank. You polarize weapon 1 times in Madurai(B and C don`t change), you choise Vazarin and make a new polarity in B(A don`t change). Thanks for reading post.
P.S. - sorry for bad English, I`m not a native speaker.
P.P.S. - 1 polarization - 3 polarity(1 in A, 1 in B, 1 in C).

Edited by nozemi1

1 минуту назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

Sounds like it would just cost us way more forma. No.

No more form required. 1 time polarized weapon(e.g.) and choise in different config different polarity for different builds.

As long as it's just a single forma, the ability to have the process, say, let you set three different polarities (v on a, dash on b, d on c) or allow the one time free repolarization of any previously polarized slot at any time (for grandfathering purposes) that could be pretty cool. If it takes more forma, no bueno.

Только что, gtvpo сказал:

As long as it's just a single forma, the ability to have the process, say, let you set three different polarities (v on a, dash on b, d on c) or allow the one time free repolarization of any previously polarized slot at any time (for grandfathering purposes) that could be pretty cool. If it takes more forma, no bueno.

As I said - 1 polarization - 3 different polarity(1 in A, 1 in B, 1 in C).

8 минут назад, gtvpo сказал:

Yeah, but we need to make it clear going in to DE that this is what we want, not more arbitrary forma usage. Cool idea though.

Yeah. Sorry for misunderstanding. Hard to think in English. 

OK so what you're saying is that you get to manually add a polarity to each build instead of having them apply across all builds automatically. I guess that might work, it's be kinda complicated especially for the player keeping their choices in order. 

I think I'd still prefer to have the ability to add multiple polarities to the same slot. It would cost us more forma/effort but it would be a lot easier to keep track of what we where building instead of juggling three potential builds at once. 

13 минут назад, peterc3 сказал:

This is allowing one Forma to make 3 different polarities. I don't see the upside for DE to want to do anything.

When you polalize item, you use 1 forma which making 3 same polarity. I want for 1 forma 3 polarity, but you can choise their type - in A it is Madurai and in B it is Vazarin. 

Just now, nozemi1 said:

When you polalize item, you use 1 forma which making 3 same polarity. I want for 1 forma 3 polarity, but you can choise their type - in A it is Madurai and in B it is Vazarin. 

1 Forma, 1 change. The most I could envision happening is allowing each mod page to have the option of separate polarities, but not allowing you to spend 1 Forma and change all 3 without more Forma.

Forma is explicitly a trade-off between having a flexible build and being able to easily slot higher ranked mods. This idea neuters that trade-off. Either maintain that trade-off in another manner or I don't see the idea being looked at by DE.

I think the best solution would be to allow multiple polarities in a slot.

They should also replace the awful Forma sortie reward with Primed Forma that adds all polarities.

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Forma is explicitly a trade-off between having a flexible build and being able to easily slot higher ranked mods. This idea neuters that trade-off. Either maintain that trade-off in another manner or I don't see the idea being looked at by DE.

See that whole "it's a trade-off" shtick has never sat well with me with regard to Forma. There are times when it works and there are times when it doesn't and Forma are just one of the places it doesn't work. 

Unless of course the goal is to create and enforce a select hand full of meta builds. Cause that's literally all punishing people for trying something different does. 

You want to encourage experimentation and build diversity go with a multi-polarity system. It adds exactly zero power creep to the game and if you absolutely need to tell yourself everything needs a trade-off at all times....the "trade-off" is the fact that you invested the time/resources into adding that many more Forma to your gear. 

Cause at that point you've already hit max potential "power" the only thing adding more polarities to the same slot would do is give you additional build diversity. Not to mention it gives people who continually say they have nothing to do, something to do. Have a favorite frame? Go ahead and put 40 Forma into it and get value in the form of build diversity out of every single one of them. 

Instead what we have is a system that encourages stagnation.