Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold while on Fire

MageSkeleton

Has anyone else ever played a game before where you could take Cold damage (via enviremental it's really cold outside) while being on fire (a status effect that sets you on fire) at the same time?

Its two completely different temperatures effecting you at the same time, it's like if the sun decided to get in real close to melt earth, but instead of melting things the polar caps would still be frozen cold but be on fire at the same time. Laws of physics anyone?

Go to Europa with some function (or if an invasion is there) to set yourself on fire and you get to take enviremental cold damage on top of the fire damage.

Edited by MageSkeleton

9 hours ago, MageSkeleton said:

you get to take enviremental cold damage on top of the fire damage

I mean, realistically, it's not like your entire Frame is actually engulfed in flames
(think of the visual effect as an abstraction to make it easier to notice),
it's more likely that just a part is, and that part / fire on it is not burning hot enough
to warm up the entirety of the Frame, allowing freezing to occur in other places.

Or, maybe Frames do get set ablaze fully, and internal temperature regulators
pump out some coolant or whatever, making sudden outside sources of cold
take hold more easily, even through the fire and the flames we carry on. Or something.

If all else fails, a space wizard did it.

13 minutes ago, HEA-Devazone said:

well in a game i played,
mobs will take more damage if you cast cold spell first before heat .
i wonder why.

That was most likely the devs using one of the laws of thermodynamics. Heat moves from hot places to cold places, generally, so having the target already be cold before hitting them with a lot of heat would theoretically make them draw in the heat damage faster. Maybe.

15 hours ago, MageSkeleton said:

Has anyone else ever played a game before where you could take Cold damage (via enviremental it's really cold outside) while being on fire (a status effect that sets you on fire) at the same time?

Its two completely different temperatures effecting you at the same time, it's like if the sun decided to get in real close to melt earth, but instead of melting things the polar caps would still be frozen cold but be on fire at the same time. Laws of physics anyone?

Go to Europa with some function (or if an invasion is there) to set yourself on fire and you get to take enviremental cold damage on top of the fire damage.

So you saying that if I add cold and heat I shouldn't get blast damage either? 

🤔

Yeah, I don't think that Eyjafjallajökull agrees with you on that one. 

On 2018-10-11 at 6:21 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So you saying that if I add cold and heat I shouldn't get blast damage either? 

🤔

Yeah, I don't think that Eyjafjallajökull agrees with you on that one. 

Let's say your in PvP mode and you get someone else willling to cooperate with a science experiment while DE allows all mods for use.

You get shot by his Primary weapon which has FIRE damage, high status chance, and long status duration. Now your on fire taking fire damage.

Now that other player switches to thier seconday weapon and shoots you with it, and it has COLD damage with high status chance, and long status duration. Now your taking HEAT damage and COLD damage.

Now if you REALLY wanted to you could also ask that player to have a melee weapon that is modded to do BLAST damage, with high status chance and long status duration. Now your taking HEAT damage, COLD, damage, and BLAST damage ticking down your health.

Le 11/10/2018 à 12:44, Loza03 a dit :

That was most likely the devs using one of the laws of thermodynamics. Heat moves from hot places to cold places, generally, so having the target already be cold before hitting them with a lot of heat would theoretically make them draw in the heat damage faster. Maybe.

It's actually because of the matter distorting in two opposite ways. 

If you were to heat up one side of an armour and cool the other at the same time it would become incredibly brittle because of the stress that comes from the heated side trying to expand and the cooled one trying to compress. 

50 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

It's actually because of the matter distorting in two opposite ways. 

If you were to heat up one side of an armour and cool the other at the same time it would become incredibly brittle because of the stress that comes from the heated side trying to expand and the cooled one trying to compress. 

Oh, right, yeah. Thermal shock.