Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Previous Story Operations

Hi all, just wanted to talk about past operations. As background I got the game last year but only really started playing this year.

Pyrus project is important, of course, we get a new relay. But when I read about Alad V on the wiki, he has had a huge amount of his story told though past operations. This seems to be fairly common through the wiki but since I’ve played the game, there haven’t been any operations which change or drive the story. Have DE decided to replace these with cinematic quests (which of course I prefer)? Does anyone know DE’s attitude towards these types of operations? 

IIRC, DE explored the possibility of making old events become story quests, which would be really neat as it would allow players both old and new to see what the old events were like, with the way the event choices ended being canon to keep the lore in place. I first joined in tubemen of Regor, and I wouldn't mind playing it again just to hear Tyl Regor call Alad V a jellyfish. 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

They should be brought back. A new player going through the star chart sees Alad V as a enemy, then an good guy, then an infested psychopath with no lore to tell them why that is.   

Yeah, Alad V's story is all over the place right now, he actually ends up cleansed, and not as infected as his research.