help me with my "Rift Shield" loadout (Banish + Vulpine Mask + Winds of Purity)

zoobmer

Question

what other mods and what weapons should I use? what stats should I roll a riven for?

loadout is meant to act as a "shield bearer" during enhanced enemy damage sortie defence and rescue.

will also switch from banish to cataclysm for excavation and interception missions. this will use a separate mod setup.

5 answers to this question

Ooh, always interested in discussing interesting Limbo builds, and this does indeed sound interesting. Can I have a more detailed description of what you plan to do? From your description of 'shield bearer' it seems to be you plan to act as a defender of your teammates using banish, in which case I have one big suggestion - Haven. Healing teammates is rarely going to be unhelpful. This also leads into power strength boosts to enhance said heals. I also suggest you do this with pre-made groups, as in my experience pub's tend to not be too fond of seemingly-random banishes.

31 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Ooh, always interested in discussing interesting Limbo builds, and this does indeed sound interesting. Can I have a more detailed description of what you plan to do? From your description of 'shield bearer' it seems to be you plan to act as a defender of your teammates using banish, in which case I have one big suggestion - Haven. Healing teammates is rarely going to be unhelpful. This also leads into power strength boosts to enhance said heals. I also suggest you do this with pre-made groups, as in my experience pub's tend to not be too fond of seemingly-random banishes.

OMG, I had no idea that augment existed! yes, that is exactly what I need! I'll need to trade for it though. there are literally only two warframes which I can't access the augments for through syndicates, and Limbo is one of them. I'll need to toss out a few mods to make room for the augment + power strength though, which will hurt my duration, and possibly require re-forming. (I already got rid of my second v polarity.) do you know if it will help with self heals or effect cataclysm?

47 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

OMG, I had no idea that augment existed! yes, that is exactly what I need! I'll need to trade for it though. there are literally only two warframes which I can't access the augments for through syndicates, and Limbo is one of them. I'll need to toss out a few mods to make room for the augment + power strength though, which will hurt my duration, and possibly require re-forming. (I already got rid of my second v polarity.) do you know if it will help with self heals or effect cataclysm?

Sadly, no it does not heal Limbo himself or affect Cataclysm. It just affects banish, which Limbo can't use on himself. A little annoying, but if you're looking for a team-play augment it helps. Plus, it can make Limbo an alternative lure jockey for Eidolon fights. Have you completed the Second Dream and War Within yet?

On 2018-10-10 at 5:33 PM, Loza03 said:

Sadly, no it does not heal Limbo himself or affect Cataclysm. It just affects banish, which Limbo can't use on himself. A little annoying, but if you're looking for a team-play augment it helps. Plus, it can make Limbo an alternative lure jockey for Eidolon fights. Have you completed the Second Dream and War Within yet?

how should I modify my build?

here is my banish build:

LP9joRc.jpg

here is my cataclysm build

gftp0lo.jpg

3 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

how should I modify my build?

here is my banish build:

LP9joRc.jpg

here is my cataclysm build

gftp0lo.jpg

Your Cataclysm Build looks nice. I'm glad you're not going for the "Moar Range" meme on it, since it's not one I recommend. Natural Talent isn't a mod I personally use, since I'm fine with Cataclysm's cast time, but that's my personal preference.

As for your Banish build however, I don't think that it's really going to help. Banish takes less than a second to come out already, so even two casting speed mods isn't going to help all that much for Banish. Even with stationary objectives, min range builds don't usually have stragglers in the rift, so it's generally completely safe to replace your Cataclysm whilst in the Rift yourself. And besides, you still have Speed Drift to help you out. If you can get your hands on Haven, I would certainly recommend replacing Natural talent for it, or whatever other mod you want - I personally recommend survivability, but it's your choice.