Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception needs to change badly. Long, Painful and boring.

Makemap

Interception needs to change badly. Its long, it boring and no way to continue. The drop tables are also garbage.

There is so many issue with interception mode compare to other modes.

First there are 4 node in which the team gets divided. In the end of the game there is no time to collect loot on some of the maps because the nodes are simply too far apart. Especially the new archwing mission.

Suggestion to fix collecting loot issue:

1) Add a timer to allow players to collect loot like in defense mode. But this should be 30 seconds end time.

or

2) Add an Evacuation area close to the interception area where everyone has to go to evacuate instead of instantly ending the mission. Just like Excavation mission where it forces players to run to exit area.

Suggestions on actual changes to the mission:

1) Possible changes - Reduced nodes from 4 to 3 because we all know you can't solo with 4 nodes in the way, this will also allow players to go collect drops/loots one at a time.

2) Add a continuation option if you want more rewards just like Excavation, this will reduce the two wave issue.

3) Add more reward options for capturing and defending more nodes. So if you have all 4 nodes, you have a higher chance to get 4 end rewards instead of just 1. Right now defending 4 nodes is a pain and very boring than Defense in which you defend 1 pod. All you get is 1 reward for such a long time.

4) Add Cryotic in the drop table and remove all the junk mods such as common to uncommon ones(heck remove all common and uncommon mods from all mission drop list and replace them with rares or not dropped from mobs, the highest should be rares). Now we have two choices to farm cryotic to craft Sibear(30k cryotic). Interception is kind of like hacking for data, like spy. But unlike spy its defending the area also. What is interception? Since we have 4 node to intercept, we deserve 4 rewards because we are basically stealing info/items.

Intercepted. Why are we even doing 4 nodes just to get one reward which is a stupid system currently.

I mean look at these junk mods. I rather have resource drop instead of all these trick mags.

If DE decides 4 rewards is too easy and too much.

1) Possible drop chance reward instead of 100% chance of getting 4 rewards for holding all four nodes.

Example: The more nodes you hold the higher the chance of you getting more rewards(max 4 due to 4 nodes). There is 1 reward per node can be dropped. If you hold one node its a 100% drop for first reward. Two node second reward is 80%, Third 50% chance of getting the third drop, but this increase second reward drop chance to 90%. Holding all 4 nodes should get you 100% drop chance of two rewards while the third can be increased to 80% chance and the 4th reward can be 50% drop chance.

Basically each node held increases the pass drop rewards. You'll always get 1 reward for sure.

Edited by Makemap

I think defense is far more mind-numbing than interception. For one thing, you're forced to stand in one spot and defend the point. With interception, you don't have to stand on a point; I usually run around and kill things while my squad does whatever else they want. Plus, with interception, the percentage increases regardless of enemy kill count, as opposed to defense, where a wave might be elongated due to either slow spawns or one enemy stuck in a corner on the other side of the map. This means that doing 1 round of interception normally takes less time than 5 rounds of defense, especially as the levels get higher (unless you have an EXTREMELY efficient nuke, but then you're still standing around pressing one or two buttons).

Not collecting loot sounds like a personal problem. You're allowed to walk around, you know. And please, for the love of god, don't add an extraction point or an additional 30 seconds between rounds.

I do agree that Interception needs some fixes towards being more solo-able though, particularly for newer players.

7 hours ago, Makemap said:

1) Possible changes - Reduced nodes from 4 to 3 because we all know you can't solo with 4 nodes in the way, this will also allow players to go collect drops/loots one at a time.

I can solo 4 nodes without issue and I guess many others can too. It's not that hard.

3) Add more reward options for capturing and defending more nodes. So if you have all 4 nodes, you have a higher chance to get 4 end rewards instead of just 1. Right now defending 4 nodes is a pain and very boring than Defense in which you defend 1 pod. All you get is 1 reward for such a long time.

The reward for defending all four nodes is getting your reward faster, so you already get more rewards per time. Also comparing it to defense is just wrong as they are entirely diffrent modes, as defense progression is bound to kills and intercept is just running on a timer + defense pods have a health you have to protect, intercept towers don't.

4) Add Cryotic in the drop table and remove all the junk mods such as common to uncommon ones(heck remove all common and uncommon mods from all mission drop list and replace them with rares or not dropped from mobs, the highest should be rares). Now we have two choices to farm cryotic to craft Sibear(30k cryotic).

Please gib better loot, because I want it. No other reasons stated

We are using 4 radio towers to intercept one message, what's wrong with that? 

1) Add a timer to allow players to collect loot like in defense mode. But this should be 30 seconds end time.

Or people can just leave their node to collect loot near the end of the match... enemies don't hack all 4 nodes at once, so people can leave theirs by 85%~90%.

Of course you can solo. Many frames can do that without effort.

Well, defending the pod for 5 waves takes about 5~7min with a random group. Interception takes about the same time. And just like defense, it's not hard, it's just boring.

Personally, I think the absolute best solution to Affinity limitations should be to make Affinity range unlimited, and instead implement better AFK/leech detection, but otherwise what could help with Interception in particular would be to have each radio tower be an Affinity share point with every other tower: effectively, as long as the tower's neutral or in your team's control, any Affinity you gain with it would be shared with any other player standing in any other neutral or Tenno-controlled tower, regardless of range. That way, even if everyone's spread apart, they'd still be able to share Affinity with each other if they play normally.

2 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I think the absolute best solution to Affinity limitations should be to make Affinity range unlimited, 

I like that idea, but I'd tweak it - you want affinity to players together on most maps (survival can suck when one player heads off into the distance and RNGesus decides to spawn all the enemies near them instead of the rest of the team). 

I would make any player within range of a tower count as in affinity range of any other player near any tower. That way leachers have to be capping a point to get their cut.