Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Warframing wrong? 4 years playing and still ENJOY the game?

(XBOX)DShinShoryuken

Salutations of the genuine type to fellow tileset hoppers and runners

For the past 4 years, I have seen videos and watched YouTubers/Twitchers/Mixers play this game and comment on it. I have also played this game for a longer time. And with the dawn of the end of XB1 Anniversary coming and gone, I reflected on what I have done and more importantly, how I have done it. 

From the first event I came aboard on (Cryotic Front), I saw the power that the Frames could be as my Excalibur died at a certain point, yet the Rhino of the PC Transfer kept on going for a long while after. I watch him as there was nothing else u could do with no revivals left until he left the mission finally. 

While we were waiting to run it again, he informed me about not to worry about being weak now as the game would give me many chances to get stronger. He told me that he FORMAed his items and that I need a Catalyst/Reactor to get my weapon and Frames stronger. I took his info to the core of the gaming experience...but as I went more of my own, I realized I did not Want more power. The power I got at 30 was fun- I struggled at times and overcame with either myself in solo, team mates in open play, or a lucky (Critical) blow at the craziest of times. 

So I did this for most of my items in game- Yellow/Blue potato and leave them at 30. Then added a tomato here and there. But I made it with friends and clan members through the charts and we Void played (sometimes talking and laughing too much we forgot to hit life support) and had fun learning. 

Nowadays, I see that timer they have given us and see that my numbers in Alerts are still the same (low kill numbers, high power use, most items and mods picked up, most melee kills, most revives) but I have been having the timer for extract pull me out as I attempt to explore the map getting the scans and finding all the things (just found a place on Pluto I had NO idea was there).

And I realize that this is a good game. Hek, it's the only one I play on the XB1 and it keeps me wanting to come back. 

But I look at all these FORMA and Potatoes and things in my Inventory that I know I will not ever use fully. I used to make FORMA for Clan areas as I have only done a few on Frames and Weapons....but since I am enjoying the game, I have been wondering....am I playing wrong?

Should I be FORMAing all the things and seeing how long I can endure in missions or make weapons as powerful as they can be? Or should I be trying to collect everything that I gradually wait til the RNGijoe gives to me to be as those who have everything in the game are?

Is there a correct way to play the game depending on who you are (noob, very, enduranceer, fashioner, etc) or is the game play up to us the player to find what works for us and allow WARFRAME to be the tool we use to fashion it to our amusement and idea of fun?

Curious to hear what says you all. Have you played a certain way because it is efficient instead of dangerous? Do you want to be all powerful to then breeze through everything that can be tossed your way? Did you collect everything and now wonder if you will use them all?

Bring your story here- I am curious.

Cheers

I played until I got everything, then just started dumping formas into stuff because I was bored. No reason you can't do both. Plus, I get some sort of pleasure from seeing high damage numbers and "perfect" builds. To each their own though, I can't say you're playing the game wrong. You just enjoy it differently than I do.

I started this game with the intent to play a certain way while looking damn good when doing it.  My intent was and still is to recreate the playstyle I used in games like Shadows of Mordor, Dragon's Dogma, Tenchu Z, Ninja Gaiden, and Z.O.E 2.  

I think I've been able to accomplish this during my two plus years playing.  I look at Warframe as the one game that has aspects of all the previous games I mentioned above.  And I love that it allows me to do that.  

So @(XB1)DShinShoryuken, no I don't think you've been playing wrong at all.  You just played the way that you enjoyed and were successful at it.  Which s really all that matters.  😁 

I have personally played this wonderful game on and off since 2013. I don't play every day. I don't grind constantly. But I have fun. Warframe is the game I go to whenever I have a bad day or just need a break from everything else. If you enjoy the way you play, which it seems you do, then no one can fault you. Just keep doing whatever you want and have fun in this wonderful game that DE has made for everyone to play.

OP, your way of playing the game is not wrong. The main point of game is to enjoy it and you succeed at that. Congratulations!

A lot of people don't probably have my view of what's good in the game. I like formaing and using stuff people would not touch, and my goal is to forma everything to the max, and of course potato it. It's like a car tuning and driving game with a lot of cars and a myriad of parts, except it's not cars but warftames.

❤️

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (XB1)DShinShoryuken:

[...]

same, have been around since ~2k13 although i had a break inbetween but im still enjoying it a lot although work/reallife doesnt allow too much gaming anymore. one important thing is the devs dedication. most abandon a game after a short time nowadays and make a 2nd title or whatnot...in any case its a different project. DE cares about warframe and the ideas/improvements are proof of that. just looking at PoE and the upcoming fortuna/railjack and comparing that with back in the days is just a whole different game others wouldnt even manage by really creating a new one literally. yet here we are. PoE sure had its flaws, every game all in all has some opinion based flaws and surely bugs, especially when it grows a lot like warframe does so bugs sneak always in, but im really convinced about DE's dedication, which isnt easy to say nowadays. really looking forward to whats coming, especially the infested open world map. hope im not alone but i love such creature stuff and the infested have an HR Giger vibe imo. played only saryn for around 1 year back in the days, didnt touch any other frame, didnt even build one. cant wait for more infested themed stuff and by logic when the grineer and corpus have their open world infested should be next so, really high hopes.

nice thing is u have freedom how to play warframe so imo there is no real right or wrong as long as someone has fun and doesnt do that at the cost of other's fun. personally i prefer making weaker weapons strong because most ppl stick to the "meta" so that alone excludes many weapons from my personal list of favorites so i can relate to ur forma issue. time and duties tough~

Sup man, i have been here since update 7, before dojos even existed, i believe i once took a break from warframe for 1 week since i went on vacations, other than that i have been having alot of fun and still do, mainly because warframe is a sandbox and you decide what to do.

I started by learning the game, improved overtime and now i'm just a beast, far above most if not all veterans, obviously this happened because i learned each system 1 by one at my own pacing, if i had joined the game now and had to learn everything, i would likely be overwelmed.

I enjoy being efficient and doing stuff in the missions even if the rewards are things i already own, i don't make everything, for example i do not own any prime warframes, as the regrind aspect is unenjoyable, i only make something that improves on what i have and so my MR was for a long time 9, creating a few odd situations where my MR clearly didn't match the gameplay, which was above everyone in a very noticiable way, i wasn't just keeping up with players, i was literally carrying veterans, i raised the bar in a very intense way, made some friends, had a few haters, how dares a MR9 player telling others how they should play on a minimal level.

Right now i'm at MR16 due to rivens and stoped there, still raising some eyebrows, afterall mission results and rewards skyrocket when i'm present and since i'm always present in my own games i get the full benefit all the time.

So yes i play to become better and more refined each time, i don't play all the systems in the game like lunaro, pvp and a few other things, but i have at some point and enjoyed when i did them, but right now i just like doing missions, killing hordes of enemies, feels great.

9 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Its not my primary game and I don't try and make it something its not.

It's a fallback game. When all else bores me i just go to warframe.

9 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Is there a correct way to play the game

If you're not blinged to the toe, you're playing it wrong in my book.

12 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Salutations of the genuine type to fellow tileset hoppers and runners

For the past 4 years, I have seen videos and watched YouTubers/Twitchers/Mixers play this game and comment on it. I have also played this game for a longer time. And with the dawn of the end of XB1 Anniversary coming and gone, I reflected on what I have done and more importantly, how I have done it. 

From the first event I came aboard on (Cryotic Front), I saw the power that the Frames could be as my Excalibur died at a certain point, yet the Rhino of the PC Transfer kept on going for a long while after. I watch him as there was nothing else u could do with no revivals left until he left the mission finally. 

While we were waiting to run it again, he informed me about not to worry about being weak now as the game would give me many chances to get stronger. He told me that he FORMAed his items and that I need a Catalyst/Reactor to get my weapon and Frames stronger. I took his info to the core of the gaming experience...but as I went more of my own, I realized I did not Want more power. The power I got at 30 was fun- I struggled at times and overcame with either myself in solo, team mates in open play, or a lucky (Critical) blow at the craziest of times. 

So I did this for most of my items in game- Yellow/Blue potato and leave them at 30. Then added a tomato here and there. But I made it with friends and clan members through the charts and we Void played (sometimes talking and laughing too much we forgot to hit life support) and had fun learning. 

Nowadays, I see that timer they have given us and see that my numbers in Alerts are still the same (low kill numbers, high power use, most items and mods picked up, most melee kills, most revives) but I have been having the timer for extract pull me out as I attempt to explore the map getting the scans and finding all the things (just found a place on Pluto I had NO idea was there).

And I realize that this is a good game. Hek, it's the only one I play on the XB1 and it keeps me wanting to come back. 

But I look at all these FORMA and Potatoes and things in my Inventory that I know I will not ever use fully. I used to make FORMA for Clan areas as I have only done a few on Frames and Weapons....but since I am enjoying the game, I have been wondering....am I playing wrong?

Should I be FORMAing all the things and seeing how long I can endure in missions or make weapons as powerful as they can be? Or should I be trying to collect everything that I gradually wait til the RNGijoe gives to me to be as those who have everything in the game are?

Is there a correct way to play the game depending on who you are (noob, very, enduranceer, fashioner, etc) or is the game play up to us the player to find what works for us and allow WARFRAME to be the tool we use to fashion it to our amusement and idea of fun?

Curious to hear what says you all. Have you played a certain way because it is efficient instead of dangerous? Do you want to be all powerful to then breeze through everything that can be tossed your way? Did you collect everything and now wonder if you will use them all?

Bring your story here- I am curious.

Cheers

The artist in me rewards DE by buying Tennogen and cosmetics.

I also feel like it rewards the Dev team’s hard work when I explore Riven usage on different weapons.

It’s not just for straight Damage, either.

One of my favorite weapons is my +Magazine, +crit Chance, + reload Opticor Riven with multiple formas for general purpose use.

I also love story. I’m hoping something more grand and far-teaching is coming.

And honestly, the design is great.  Very super-hero in nature.  I’ll be playing to gain in focus for months to come and enjoy doing it.