Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Donation possibly detrimental to Speedva. Change Speedva?

Taranus

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

If your running in a team with a speedva, don't use the aura. It's that simple. 

And if you're using speedva in pubs or without warning you're team, you're kinda being rude and shouldn't expect them to cater to your needs. 

It's not rude.

I could just as easily say that running this aura is rude. Calling either rude is an overreaction. Is running Limbo rude? They changed Limbo to have less of a negative impact on the rest of the team. They could change Nova.

Edited by Taranus

31 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Oh no, a potential means of ruining a Speedva that shows up in Public. A quirk that was popular enough to stay in the game but not explicitly part of Nova's kit and therefore unlikely to be protected in case an idea comes along that might interact with it.

Oh no, fetch me my fainting couch.

Your snark is unnecessary and unwelcome.

Coptering was a quirk that was popular enough to stay in the game, remember? Then it was reworked into a better system? That's all I'm advocating here. Chill out.

6 minutes ago, Taranus said:

Your snark is unnecessary and unwelcome.

Speedvas are unnecessary and unwelcome in PUBs. Should you really compare Speedvas and coptering or should we just start asking to have them go the way of the Dual Zoren Express.

The entire point of Auras is they stack. Asking for an opt-out is inane.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Speedvas are unnecessary and unwelcome in PUBs. Should you really compare Speedvas and coptering or should we just start asking to have them go the way of the Dual Zoren Express.

The entire point of Auras is they stack. Asking for an opt-out is inane.

Did you see the part where I said they could change Nova? The only thing inane is your attitude. I'm trying to have a civil conversation here.

Edited by Taranus

2 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

literally noone plays a power strength disarm build.

155 energy for 2k impact damage is a waste of energy.

And no one said that to begin with. I said Loki and Limbo arent getting worse with more strength. No reason to gimp your own strength when there are other options that benefit stacking more, like GP. 

Sure in a premade you can have a Loki or Limbo (or both) with the new mod while the other two use GP for maximum strength boost. But at the same time Loki makes great use out of Steel Charge aswell. And with everything being melee enemies when Loki is around, SC will benefit the group as much as 30% extra strength, or well more since it increases Loki's stealth damage aswell, so you have a buff fitting all 4 members.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is just +60%. You are at -30% already from your own aura so you only get a bonus of +60% from the other 3 members. So it is far behind Growing Power even in a premade.

The only place it would be useful over GP are in scenarios with status immune mobs. But in the only case we currently have, CP or Dead-Eye are already better.

Ah my math was off. Still nothing to sneeze at and something to remember if the need for CP falls out of favor.

47 minutes ago, Taranus said:

It's not rude.

I could just as easily say that running this aura is rude. Call either rude is an over reaction. Is running Limbo rude? They changed Limbo to less of a negative impact on the rest of the team. They could change Nova.

I think you misunderstood what I said. What I said was that an unprepared team can fail because of a speedva, because speedvas make it so players can be overwhelmed, and that because of this not telling your team you are a speedva and just expecteding them to deal with it is rude. 

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

I think you misunderstood what I said. What I said was that an unprepared team can fail because of a speedva, because speedvas make it so players can be overwhelmed, and that because of this not telling your team you are a speedva and just expecteding them to deal with it is rude. 

Agreed. Although a neutral Nova is purely a benefit even in PUGs.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Speedvas are unnecessary and unwelcome in PUBs.

And yet in all of my years playing Warframe I have yet to ever see anyone complain about a Speedva being in our group. 

I have on the other hand seen people go thermonuclear over a Slowva.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Agreed. Although a neutral Nova is purely a benefit even in PUGs.

I'm going to redo my neutral build with the new aura since she just need -30% power strength to achieve +/-0% on molecular prime. This will reduce her range, giving her the same radius on her #1 as slowva while also freeing up a few slots that are now dedicated to power strength in order to keep the debuff at +/-0%. Not sure what to do with the last few slots, maybe fit in some more survival mods.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I've never heard anyone complain. I've only been thanked.

Maybe if it was a super low level defense mission, then people would have a problem with it? I don't know. If someone asked me to stop, I would. I've never been asked though. I wouldn't do it on anything higher leveled than Hydron. Usually it's something like a Lith or Meso fissure if not Hydron.

37 minutes ago, Taranus said:

I've never heard anyone complain. I've only been thanked.

Maybe if it was a super low level defense mission, then people would have a problem with it? I don't know. If someone asked me to stop, I would. I've never been asked though. I wouldn't do it on anything higher leveled than Hydron. Usually it's something like a Lith or Meso fissure if not Hydron.

Most of time when I have an issue with a speedva is because they decided to bring it on a Sortie mission. Worst one was a Sortie 3 melee only defense against the infested. They swarmed us like mad and we got wiped out. 

It only makes her better. Remember, Nova speed/slow builds aren't something you're supposed to just force on a team. In general, players should know when to use Speed Nova or Slova, but you really should communicate with your team so they don't cancel out your negative power strength or bypass your speed with another frame who slows. 

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Speedva was always more "bug that we intentionally decided not to patch" rather than feature. It's entirely possible the devs don't care and might consider it an acceptable loss

Like coptering?

Edited by Taranus

Just put Power Donation on my Speed Nova.

It does a -60% slow when stacked with Overextended and surprisingly took it into 3 public matches and the sky was not falling, there wasn't another power donation nor did anyone complain about the speed boost or the extra 30% Ability Strength.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

I suspect we simply won't see anymore Speedva's in pugs. 

Wanna go speedy Nova? Form a squad with your clan/alliance/friends so none of you accidentally use the same aura.

For pugs... well, there will forever now be a chance a Speedva will end up in a squad where someone else is running Power Donation. So that's a risk they must be willing to accept.