Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and Linux, can you get banned?

FurrGotten

Steam has a "new" (In fact, quite a long period of time) started a linux cowork plugin and it supports many games that are now in the "white list".
But i`m really afraid to try out warframe after several stories whit CS:GO when players got banned for using that system... 
And one story where players in Overwatch got banned for using WINE to play Overwatch on linux.

So i`m really curious if players can get banned for this or not.
And what do comunity say about tying Warframe on linux and about linux gaming in general?

People have been playing Warframe on Linux for years. You're not manipulating the game files or cheating in any way.

CS:Go is linux native, if they got banned it wasn't because of Linux but something they did.

The overwatch issue was related to the anticheat system they use and should have been fixed by now. Warframes anticheat is pretty good at not flagging false positives and I believe they use a combo of client and server side protection. If you're not doing anything wrong or modifying the game youre fine (no DXVK doesn't modify the game at all)

TLDR, you're fine

Edited by Echoa

В 13.10.2018 в 20:45, Echoa сказал:

People have been playing Warframe on Linux for years. You're not manipulating the game files or cheating in any way.

CS:Go is linux native, if they got banned it wasn't because of Linux but something they did.

The overwatch issue was related to the anticheat system they use and should have been fixed by now. Warframes anticheat is pretty good at not flagging false positives and I believe they use a combo of client and server side protection. If you're not doing anything wrong or modifying the game youre fine (no DXVK doesn't modify the game at all)

TLDR, you're fine

Glad ho hear that)
Thank you