Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who else wants to see an Alliance against the Sentients in the New War?

Watching the New War trailer, the Sentients are alien, creepy and very powerful. One Battalyst can easily defeat an unprepared Tenno - we are but few in the grand scheme of things.

But some of enemies are big players in the Milky Way; The Corpus and the Grineer would suffer as much as us if the Sentients defeat the Tenno and take back the system. The infested are also a weapon, like our Warframes, designed to fight the Sentients.

I love the possibilities that a new 'Full' Faction would bring. All the groups of Milkyway, despite their rivalries, have no choice but to unite. 

I would love to have a Mass Effect style quest, where we build temporary alliances until the sentients are seen off. The possibilities are endless here - The G3 shouting 'Is Natah the best that you have?'. Vay Hek screaming 'MAGGOTS' at Battalysts. Zanuka being unleashed upon the sentient hordes.

Anyone else hoping for this? Fighting alongside our greatest rivals for the good of the Milky Way?

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

Anyone else hoping for this? Fighting alongside our greatest rivals for the good of the Milky Way?

typically the only time you see unison between several great powers is when an even greater power threatens to destroy them all. 

I could see this happening, given we already occasionally loan ourselves out to the Grineer and Corpus to make sure the other side doesn't claim an extra planet. the Infested are a different thing however, they only want to consume, and they don't really care who they consume; they would still continue to attack all factions, including the Sentients as well. even within the ranks of Grineer and Corpus, there would still be some people throwing spanners in the works: Vay Hek for example would rather risk himself and all of existence against the Sentients than ally himself with the Tenno, such is his hatred for us. 

maybe the ending of The New War will be an Ex Machina-type thing: we ask for support, they all say no, we go to fight the Sentients ourselves, we start to lose and then just as the Sentients are about to finish us off, the cavalry of Corpus and Grineer comes in to save the day. (or they do the cliched hollywood thing where we win after a struggle and then they show up in their giant ships, like how the Army always appears after the good guys win in the movies.) 

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

maybe the ending of The New War will be an Ex Machina-type thing: we ask for support, they all say no, we go to fight the Sentients ourselves, we start to lose and then just as the Sentients are about to finish us off, the cavalry of Corpus and Grineer comes in to save the day. (or they do the cliched hollywood thing where we win after a struggle and then they show up in their giant ships, like how the Army always appears after the good guys win in the movies.) 

I'd love this - General Sargus Ruk steaming in to save our lives.

Potential for some great stories here!

If possible I'd like to see a quest line for us attempting to atleast mobilize our allies (syndicates) for the war. It could potentially make for something to do before or after the new war quest depending on what they want to do with that narrative.

6 minutes ago, Ohmlink said:

If possible I'd like to see a quest line for us attempting to atleast mobilize our allies (syndicates) for the war. It could potentially make for something to do before or after the new war quest depending on what they want to do with that narrative.

yeah me too - i've always wanted the Syndicates to be more active in the game and story. Like said in OP, so much potential to change things up with this new story line.

In some limited capacity it might be quite amusing, like seeing for example a member of the Corpus Board having his/her fleet present, or possibly Alad assisting with what ships and units he might retain, during some sort of assault either on or by a Sentient battlegroup centered around that massive figure much of the New War trailer resided in. Would also work with the Worm Queen sparing a contingent of troops when she learns Ballas(who I pressume still lives) and the Sentients are coming. Most of the Queens' known subordinate Grineer bosses don't look much like they'd ever do much but throw various insults at the Tenno if present, so I have a hard time picturing a Mass Effect-like scenario of most every known faction putting their weight in behind the player. 

Although the Sentients are an apocalyptic force, it would also not be wise in a story-sense to belittle the other massive antagonistic forces to a level we don't think they truly matter. Temporary truces on certain scales is something I definitely wouldn't be opposed to. The dialogue that might come of it might bring some sweet glory.

But the Grineer actually like the Sentients. 

Remember Tyl Rygor in Natah?  The Sentients liberated the Grineer from slavery at the hands of the Orokin.

So, from the Grineer perspective:

Orokin:  Enslaved us.  Would probably still keep us a slaves in they weren't all dead.

Sentients: Enslaved by Orokin.  Broke free of their control, then set us free too.  Heroes.

Tenoo:  Enslaved by Orokin.  Broken, then killed all the Orokin.  Hooray!  Then starting killing us, and never stopped.  Boo!

Edited by Phatose

4 minutes ago, Phatose said:

But the Grineer actually like the Sentients. 

Remember Tyl Rygor in Natah?  The Sentients liberated the Grineer from slavery at the hands of the Orokin.

So, from the Grineer perspective:

Orokin:  Enslaved us.  Would probably still keep us a slaves in they weren't all dead.

Sentients: Enslaved by Orokin.  Broke free of their control, then set us free too.  Heroes.

Tenoo:  Enslaved by Orokin.  Broken, then killed all the Orokin.  Hooray!  Then starting killing us, and never stopped.  Boo!

This is true but they like the Sentients for their killing of the Orokin.

No more Orokin and in fact the Grineer Empire is the ruling force (more or less) of the system. I imagine the Grineer will have a different view when the Sentients try to, quoting the trailer, 'Take it back'.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

This is true but they like the Sentients for their killing of the Orokin.

No more Orokin and in fact the Grineer Empire is the ruling force (more or less) of the system. I imagine the Grineer will have a different view when the Sentients try to, quoting the trailer, 'Take it back'. 

You must have misunderstood the context:

Mother: They seduced you. Used you. Took away your fire.

Natah : Mother... what must I do?

Mom: Simple: You.Take. It.Back. 

"It" wasn't the origin system.  It was Natah's drive that the Tenno took from her.

(Corrected per Kaotyke)

Edited by Phatose

3 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Natah : "They took my fire.  What do I do?"

Mom: "Take it back."

"It" wasn't the origin system.  It was Natah's drive that the Tenno took from her.

That's true. I'll concede on this point.

But they won't bother taking back the Origin System? They'll leave it be in the hands of the Grineer?

The motivations of the Sentients attacking the Orokin was because of their inevitable destruction of worlds? Are the Grineer not even more guilty of ravaging planets?

48 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

*our tenno is about to die from a sentient, then suddenly flames appear and burn the sentient away*

"NO ONE. KILLS TENNO SKOOM, BUT GRINEER!" 

Then Alad V rolls in ree'ing "GET GREEDY MILK'D, RUK. GRAVIDUS DILEMMA 2 ELECTRIC BUGALOO"

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

That's true. I'll concede on this point.

But they won't bother taking back the Origin System? They'll leave it be in the hands of the Grineer?

The motivations of the Sentients attacking the Orokin was because of their inevitable destruction of worlds? Are the Grineer not even more guilty of ravaging planets?

In theory, sure, they'd eventually need to deal with the Grineer.  Eventually.

But since they need to deal with the Tenno first, it will either never come to pass, or we'll all be dead.  We're an actual threat to them and the Grineer aren't.  Which is why Natah was ordered to eliminate us, and ignored the Grineer.

Edited by Phatose

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

Mother: They seduced you. Used you. Took away your fire.

Natah : Mother... what must I do?

Mom: Simple: You.Take. It.Back.

Let me fix that.

To be honest i don't see how allying with Corpus or Grineer would do us any good. They are completely useless versus the Sentients, worse they might become a liability (sentients can control tech). 

We might have to use the Infestation tho. An alliance with infested is out of the question, but luring the sentient and the infested to fight one another would be a good way to keep them locked and fight the war on our terms, which is skirmishes and ambushes more than full frontal assaults. 

We might have to abduct whoever came out with the tech behind the Eidolon Lures first tho. 

52 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

To be honest i don't see how allying with Corpus or Grineer would do us any good. They are completely useless versus the Sentients, worse they might become a liability (sentients can control tech). 

We might have to use the Infestation tho. An alliance with infested is out of the question, but luring the sentient and the infested to fight one another would be a good way to keep them locked and fight the war on our terms, which is skirmishes and ambushes more than full frontal assaults. 

We might have to abduct whoever came out with the tech behind the Eidolon Lures first tho. 

I fully agree. If anyone else goes to Lua only to watch the Sentients absolutely obliterate whoever is trying to get a foothold at the moment, please raise your hand. I want to know that I'm not lonely...

The Infestation, however, well, the Sentients already adapted to it in the Old War, so either we find a way to blast the motherships with tons of Void Energy, or the Infested get to go in and be slaughtered just like the Grineer and Corpus. 

That Eidolon Lure comment though, I never thought about that. My guess is that it would be someone like Doctor Tengus or maybe Tyl Regor. But Tyl usually focuses on benefiting the Grineer in more direct ways, or weapons. I don't know that the Eidolon Lures properly fit either of those categories. But I would like some lore on this. It's not a common occurrence to find something that can actually affect the Sentients. The last thing we saw that could do that was Warframes...

7 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I fully agree. If anyone else goes to Lua only to watch the Sentients absolutely obliterate whoever is trying to get a foothold at the moment, please raise your hand. I want to know that I'm not lonely...

The Infestation, however, well, the Sentients already adapted to it in the Old War, so either we find a way to blast the motherships with tons of Void Energy, or the Infested get to go in and be slaughtered just like the Grineer and Corpus. 

That Eidolon Lure comment though, I never thought about that. My guess is that it would be someone like Doctor Tengus or maybe Tyl Regor. But Tyl usually focuses on benefiting the Grineer in more direct ways, or weapons. I don't know that the Eidolon Lures properly fit either of those categories. But I would like some lore on this. It's not a common occurrence to find something that can actually affect the Sentients. The last thing we saw that could do that was Warframes...

This is all true. But they provide fodder for us - one Tenno attacking the sentients would do far better backed up by the endless armies of the Grineer 

Why assume that we fight the sentients? Mother told lotus that she was used but the tenno were sleeping most of the time in frozen and not using the Lotus. the ones to use her were orokin and consequently corpus and grineer. We could fight together with the sentients making for an unusual but interesting ally.

Nah. We're powerful enough to take on all comers.

I wouldn't mind a new crossfire mission...Sentients vs Corpus vs Grineer. I reckon that would be quite a blast.

Plus I'm not sure even threat of extinction at the hands of the Sentients would be enough to get them onside with us, given how long we've been kicking their butts.

Well we're already buddies with Cressa Tal, so we'd have some friendly Grineer. Maybe Alad V would be savvy enough to work with us. Thats about it IMO.

no!!!!!! i want no friends in this game!!!!! let me live out my days of bloodshed and violence with only me and my trustworthy sidekick ordo!!!!!!! the sentients are ugly and smelly and i don't like them!!!!!!!! lotus can go choke!!!!!!!!! heck!!!!!

Il y a 2 heures, KelsierSurvivor a dit :

Don't know about infested, there was no mutalist strain back then and we weren't in control of the Helminth strain. They might bodyblock the Sentients enough to give us an advantage. And even if they don't, well, no Infested in the Origin system still sounds like a win to me. 

I made the Lure comment a bit off handed but thinking about it it's really weord the Grineer could come up with something like this. Is it weird that i want to know more about the Lures design and construction? 

PS: you're not alone

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff a dit :

This is all true. But they provide fodder for us - one Tenno attacking the sentients would do far better backed up by the endless armies of the Grineer 

Eh, my problem is that the Sentient could very well turn both Corpus proxies and Grineer themselves against us, being that they are heavily augmented. As you recall all technological stuff was basically owned by Sentients regardless of source. 

I'm afraid Grineer and Corpus would not only not be useful, but be actually harmful. 

2 hours ago, rafiki4000 said:

Why assume that we fight the sentients? Mother told lotus that she was used but the tenno were sleeping most of the time in frozen and not using the Lotus. the ones to use her were orokin and consequently corpus and grineer. We could fight together with the sentients making for an unusual but interesting ally.

Now that you mention it, yes, it was the Orokin, and the Corpus, who are descendants of the Orokin, are very interested in using the Sentients again. On that Devstream where Rebecca accidentally saw a Sentient in Fortuna, well... I'm willing to bet that the Corpus are going to be a primary target of the Sentients. They have plenty of tech that is almost Orokin in how high tech it is, so it's not like it would be hard for the Sentients to take control of it either. The Corpus may suffer the same fate as the Orokin...

20 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Don't know about infested, there was no mutalist strain back then and we weren't in control of the Helminth strain. They might bodyblock the Sentients enough to give us an advantage. And even if they don't, well, no Infested in the Origin system still sounds like a win to me. 

I made the Lure comment a bit off handed but thinking about it it's really weord the Grineer could come up with something like this. Is it weird that i want to know more about the Lures design and construction? 

PS: you're not alone

Eh, my problem is that the Sentient could very well turn both Corpus proxies and Grineer themselves against us, being that they are heavily augmented. As you recall all technological stuff was basically owned by Sentients regardless of source. 

I'm afraid Grineer and Corpus would not only not be useful, but be actually harmful. 

Fair point on the Mutalist Strain. I hadn't considered that. However, we don't know how well it works on the Sentients given that they can adapt to it. It would be interesting to see how it goes. I mean, it was able to Infest a Warframe (Mesa in the quest), so maybe I'm just underestimating it. 

Yeah, the fact that it was the Grineer and not the Corpus that came up with the Eidolon Lures is interesting. The Grineer generally only create things if they have a direct impact on their ability to wage war, but the Eidolon Lures seem almost... tactical. Definitely more of a Corpus thing to have created. It would be interesting if Alad V helped them develop it in hopes of gaining standing with the Grineer. It would probably be useful not to have literally every faction in the Origin System chasing you down...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that likes watching the bloodshed! (In all seriousness though, I actually started going to Lua with frames like Ash so I could be invisible and watch how things likely went for the Orokin in the Old War. It was interesting to watch the Corpus fight. I could be wrong, but I think they actually had a Nullifier come in once and it erased the Sentient immunities. I might need to look into that further.)