Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Opticor

Twilight-Knight

Question

I still don't know fully about how Opticor do dmg like :

- When it fully charged it will shoot full dmg ? or more dmg ?

- And why with a huge amount of dmg why it's not work for Eidolon ? 

Why I can do up to almost hundred thousand dmg to enemies lv 30 minimum with 1 shot but with eidolon the dmg is max 20k if I lucky ? ( It's Crits shot )

With High armored enemies ( except NOX ) lv 50 for the start I can't 1 shot if i's not in the head or Crit and the Puncture dmg is above 20k along with over 20 Radiation for Alloy Amors.

The gun is totally overwhelming in many scenarios but also look like when face things can only be dmg with condition like Juggernaut or Boss Lephantis, I find it opposite with powerful, Is it because it also a blast weapon ?

9 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Because Eidolons have damage cap mechanics

Do they?  Never noticed....   Synovia or Eidolon in the last stage.....both can be oneshotted if preparations were done right.

If you go with Opticor,  Mod it for Electric damage and use 4 CP or 5-6 Shattering Impact Sarpa shots to remove Armor.   You also need Chroma's Vex and some other buffs for damage.

I saw people hunt with Opticor and Plasmor.... These are not super effective, but do the job.   Maybe even good enough for 3x2 with a good party.

If you want to oneshot Eidolons you definitely need a lot of damage buff stacking and of course armor stripping. It applies to snipers as well, not just Opticor. 

Most common gun you will see against EIdolons is ofc Rubico and Lanka, but Vectis also pops up frequently. Others I have seen are Euphona P, Buzlok, Opticor, which can get the job done.

2 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Do they?  Never noticed....   Synovia or Eidolon in the last stage.....both can be oneshotted if preparations were done right.

There's something shady going on with the way Synovia receive damage, there are rumours about damage being reduced by certain amount per hit, in contrast to Lephantis' straight damage cap per hit.

Of course we are to rely on either extensive testing or datamining, as DE would never disclose what the actual mechanics are.

When I fight them, the Eidolons seem to have a damage cap but also a massive damage resistance in addition to heft armor that can not be removed via status which is annoying. Corrosive Projection, Sundering Dash, and such though work well enough. Otherwise, my critical based bullet hose weapons would be more effective versus Eidolons, where instead they come across as the bites of a gnat against an elephant!

Build for a big crit and 50% crit chance and either speed or multishot and a 2 damage mods (serration and heavy calibur) and if you want ti do bosses no status mods but elemental is still a good option (bosses are imune to status)

Just use the Lanka for eidolon and you won't regret it (one shots the limbs when have a good riven build) but will normally 2-3 shots it if you build right

Guys !

This is NOT about Gun for Eidolon or things for Eidolon, and I don't ask how to build Opticor for Eidolon.

I want to know why Opticor are weak when it come against Things that can only be dmg when it expose. Is it because it's a blast gun or some other reason ?

<<<  How the mod upgrade for gun is irrelevant because I tested Lanka and Opticor with Eidolon. Opticor have higher dmg numbers but yet Lanka still do higher dmg when they both Crits. Same thing happen with Juggernaut when it's top open or it expose the belly, Opticor just literraly say do no dmg >>>

"Due to the special parameters of the beam the gun fires, certain bosses (EidolonsGeneral Sargas Ruk and Lephantis) take significantly reduced damage from the Opticor, because the beam's AoE damage hits their weakspot before the main beam does, thus completely nullifying the beam's damage, and only dealing the AoE's worth of damage." - from the wiki

18 hours ago, Krucz24 said:

"Due to the special parameters of the beam the gun fires, certain bosses (EidolonsGeneral Sargas Ruk and Lephantis) take significantly reduced damage from the Opticor, because the beam's AoE damage hits their weakspot before the main beam does, thus completely nullifying the beam's damage, and only dealing the AoE's worth of damage." - from the wiki

Thanks a lots, your answer are the one I seek. Such illogical system though.