Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to unveil a "Wall Cling Killstreak" Riven w/o Loki?

Ikusi_Prime

Question

I got a Riven that needs me to get 18 kills in a row while clinging to walls without touching the ground. 

Is it feasible at all to do this without Loki, or should I just head on over to Neptune and grind him out just to do this Riven? What maps/mission would be ideal for unveiling this Riven otherwise?

19 answers to this question

You can do this on Eris with an Ember modded for Power Strength. Gather up some infested, jump on the wall, cling and turn on WoF.

Most of the time it works.

I did a 30 kill streak wall cling with Trinity and Corinth.
It was on Ani survival with public squad so enemies are plenty.

Corinth air burst on average took out like 10 enemies per shots.

The trick is you can keep tapping jump and bounce on the wall instead of just landing straight.
You can cling, then tap jump as the cling is going to expires and that resets for more cling time.

Go to Eris Defense, Akkad.

Take an explosive weapon and literally any frame you desire.

Wait until they all rush to the pod then go to  the top right (facing spawn) cling to that wall and go crazy. You can wall hop without much fear of hitting the ground or just wait till 18 are on the pod*.

*Typically takes a while to get 18 to congregate the pod solo, because some of them self destruct, but if you have 4 people that'll sit while you do it, then that'll make it even faster, but it's not required.

Edited by Synpai

13 minutes ago, Synpai said:

*Typically takes a while to get 18 to congregate the pod solo, because some of them self destruct, but if you have 4 people that'll sit while you do it, then that'll make it even faster, but it's not required.

An infested survival is easier than a defense solo due to the numbers of enemies per wave and the big gap between enemies between waves.  Gabii Ceres is my go to spot.

I like to do Phorid invasion, any frame

Throw on Patagium mod for extra cling time, use a heavy aoe weapon like Lenz or Penta

The boss room usually has a ton of infested, you can rally them into a cluster first, find a wall to cling and fire.

Might want to kill Phorid beforehand, i forget if it has any nasty abilities that can reach you while on wall

IIRC, you can either wall cling or wall run. You can complete the challenge with many frames by just running upwards on the wall and using a skill. I like going to low level infested mission with Khora or Ember for this challenge. Build Khora for duration, place two strangledomes, each in a different entry point, and start wall running upwards, or to one side to stay running in  a corner.

Edited by Guest

I tend to do this type of Riven challenge on the dark sector defense on earth.  Super easy level, just let the infested rush the pod and when a bunch are there hop on a wall and hit them with Ignis.  I've heard you can do prety much the same anywhere if you have Pherliac pods and don't mind using them.

Very much so. I usually just go to akkad, cling to the wall opposite the broken train/cart thing with an explosive weapon for a second or two then start jumping against the wall until there's a good chunk of enemies attacking the pod, then BOOM! Go back to jumping against the wall without touching the ground for a few seconds then repeat as needed.