Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs Endgame

Graves21

I've seen people on the forums discuss this before,and i've seen some players have a negative reaction to it,but for those who don't feel that "fashionframe" is an endgame,we need a real endgame.

Im just over 200+ in the game and honestly i don't think there's much to do anymore,i've done almost all of the quests,i can do sorties no problem with NIdus or any frame and a decent weapon and i've unlocked all of the planets,so what's next?

PvP is hot garbage and i understand why,heck nobody even plays wf for the pvp so its not really important.

But the PVE is also kinda limited,i see people rave about their rivens and how strong they are but unless you're doing a sortie lvl 3 mission or an endless run,which is basically 1% of the time anyway, you can basically do all of the content with an mk-1 braton with an installed potato and a few formas.

We really need a new solar system that will have enemies up to lvl 100 or beyond just for the regular mission so there is a reason to get all those godly rivens and invest 8 formas into a gun. We need some kinds of raids where your frame's abilities matter from a teamplay perspective,we need missions that are unbeatable with unorganized play,where you need to have people supporting,ccing,tanking and dpsing together.

We need a new zone that will have its own alerts but at a super high level with better rewards,it's not really satisfying doing a lvl 25 alert just to get a Nitian extract while you can one shot everybody and can't die,there is probably a thousand ways DE can add more content for players that are well above even a level 3 sortie (which i'm not) that isn't just adding more planets but heck,i wouldnt mind having 15 more planets to explore just for the heck of it,its basically 100 hours more at least.

So what do you think could be added/changed so people have something to look forward to even when they've sunk 500 hours into the game?

Mot has nightmare level damage boosts around top of the starchart levels (40-45) and as a survival levels up the longer you go. Just boosting enemies though doesn't really do the idea I would think of what you are wanting. Elite Alerts now called Arbitrations are an attempt at what you are asking for however, and hopefully will scratch you itch for something that disables gameplay mechanics while inflating enemy stats to make it more difficult without making it more interesting.

Can anyone tell me what the flying F is "endgame"? I see this word thrown around the forums like it's the hot shizz, but heck if anyone ever explains what it is. What the bloody heck is that "something to do once you reached the end of the game"?

That sounds super subjective. Like, for me, 3200+ hours in, that "something to do once I reached the end of the game" is murdering fools and feeling like an unstoppable god. So, based on that, Warframe has an endgame. But people are yelling like it's not there. So then, what exactly is it?

Make up your mind, people. If y'all are just throwing out the first idea that comes into your head then of course DE can't implement jack. With so many voices saying so many things on such a wide spectrum, how the heck do you guys even expect them to implement something when not even y'all know what you want? So, please, tell me again, what the heck is "endgame"? In one unified voice. Maybe then DE will hear you too.

Warframe is not those single-player games out there with endgame, which those games will end with the endgame section. Warframe is a farm n grind game with content adding in from time to time to keep the game alive.

34 minutes ago, Graves21 said:

Im just over 200+ in the game and honestly i don't think there's much to do anymore,i've done almost all of the quests,i can do sorties no problem with NIdus or any frame and a decent weapon and i've unlocked all of the planets

Thats doesnt change with

35 minutes ago, Graves21 said:

We really need a new solar system that will have enemies up to lvl 100 or beyond just for the regular mission so there is a reason to get all those godly rivens and invest 8 formas into a gun. We need some kinds of raids where your frame's abilities matter from a teamplay perspective,we need missions that are unbeatable with unorganized play,where you need to have people supporting,ccing,tanking and dpsing together.

We need a new zone that will have its own alerts but at a super high level with better rewards,it's not really satisfying doing a lvl 25 alert just to get a Nitian extract while you can one shot everybody and can't die,there is probably a thousand ways DE can add more content for players that are well above even a level 3 sortie (which i'm not) that isn't just adding more planets but heck,i wouldnt mind having 15 more planets to explore just for the heck of it,its basically 100 hours more at least.

Youll just end up making the same post once your done with that, so then again theres no "end game" for you.

Thus warframe doesnt need end game, it needs more content, which comes over time.

The solar map we have now I believe Steve once said is was made in such a way they could extent upon it with (if need be) a new solar system (the universe is a big place after all), and im sure even that wil come in due time.

You probably want to amend your title and stick a "moar" somewhere in there.

We already have:

• Long endless missions
  • Sorties
  • Kuva Flood (Kuva Survival; Rivens)
  • Eidolons
  • Conclave
  • Collect everything
  • Forma everything
  • Fashionframe
  • Forumframe

Welcome to the last one, btw.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Fashionframe is the only true endgame.

Endgame is simply a word that doesn't exist in Warframe ... it's an advancing F2P game ... there's no NG+,  no next game in the series like Destiny 2 ... it's constantly evolving and to shackle a word like endgame to Warframe is simply short sighted for whoever says there needs to be "final" content ... if there were we'd never see updates again ... tying endgame into a game like Warframe is pointless and even if they did they would need to keep updating the "norm" that would be called endgame, a never ending struggle to slowly feed players power-creeping content like most games do.

Here's your endgame ... play until you get bored of grinding ... then move on and let the rest of us enjoy the game as it is.

56 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Can anyone tell me what the flying F is "endgame"? I see this word thrown around the forums like it's the hot shizz, but heck if anyone ever explains what it is. What the bloody heck is that "something to do once you reached the end of the game"?

That sounds super subjective. Like, for me, 3200+ hours in, that "something to do once I reached the end of the game" is murdering fools and feeling like an unstoppable god. So, based on that, Warframe has an endgame. But people are yelling like it's not there. So then, what exactly is it?

Make up your mind, people. If y'all are just throwing out the first idea that comes into your head then of course DE can't implement jack. With so many voices saying so many things on such a wide spectrum, how the heck do you guys even expect them to implement something when not even y'all know what you want? So, please, tell me again, what the heck is "endgame"? In one unified voice. Maybe then DE will hear you too.

Endgame is basically something you do in a game once you've finished leveling,i'm not sure where the term originated but most players i'm guesing,including myself know the term from mmorpgs like WoW or others.
So basically if you look at something like WoW the endgame would be either PvP that can be really fun and competitive,especially the ranked Arenas or Raids,which i understand was at one point also in WF. Raids are basically 25 man dungeons where you have to communicate with your team, play your role (healer,tank,dps) know how the boss fight works,what are his movesets etc. Without teamplay and communication its unbeatable and for me that's what i feel WF is lacking right now,i know you shouldn't compare games but looking at warframe you have so many different frames with different abilities,but in the end it doesnt matter one bit for 99% of the content out there. You don't need a support or a tank,you don't even need a dps,everyone can do everything,which is fine and i like that,but up to a certain point,there should be a reason to have a tank in your team or a support,but i guess the game is too fast paced for that, you can't heal or draw aggro when most of your team is god knows where bullet jumping around the map one shotting everything

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Not sure if it was a serious or rethorical question, but I'll answer it anyways: endgame is actually a very well known concept in MMOs and other types of coop online games. You speak as if it was some mystery, I can only assume you never played many other MMO-like games outside of WF. Basically endgame is the content you do in these games after you've reached maximum progression (in WF that'd be finishing the Star Chart and all related quests). But it's not just "whatever I feel like doing" as you imply. Endgame is meant to be the reason why you grinded for all the legendary/best gear, and maxed out your builds, so it's usually more challenging than anything the regular game has to offer and usually requires coordination between a team/squad of players as well and give unique special rewards that can't be acquired anywhere else. For the most part endgame is presented as PVP or coop raids (WoW and all other MMOs, Destiny 2, The Division, etc), but there's other stuff out there like Diablo's Great Rifts. Endgame is not static either, usually new raids and pvp modes and higher enemy levels keep getting added with new updates as well, to balance out "power creep" from rewards. 

In WF PVP is disconnected from the PVE grind/progression, so it's hard to justify that as endgame. The only thing atm that more or less seems to classify as endgame are eidolon boss fights. 

53 minutes ago, kyori said:

Warframe is not those single-player games out there with endgame, which those games will end with the endgame section. Warframe is a farm n grind game with content adding in from time to time to keep the game alive.

Uh, see above. "Endgame" didn't originate from single player games, they kinda took that concept from MMORPGs. 

*edited because of double post*

To the OP: I agree. I think adding challenging endgame with longevity that requires preparation and coordination would do so much to alleviate all these cries and complaints of content drought. Ofc people are going to feel content droughts more accutely if all the new content and game modes released are low to mid level, don't come even close to matching our power creep, and can be done with your eyes closed in half a day and then you don't need to touch it anymore. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

1 hour ago, Defion said:

Thus warframe doesnt need end game, it needs more content, which comes over time.

only problem here is that content is each time taking longer and longer, and i mean real content
new things to farm is not exactly content, that's the basic that they should
new endless missions or harder endless missions to farm things you already have is not exactly content either

doing new endless mission just for the sake of doing is not appealing to me, to keep  going on 400 or more levels in endless gets tiring and boring

we do need an endgame or at last something that people could engage (clans and alliances, as there's nothing nowadays that really benefits keeping large clans or alliances together)
i hope that with either Railjack or New War we can get something like that

1 hour ago, kyori said:

engame in basically 90% of MMOs are usually clan wars and raids/hard missions to farm itens for said clan wars
warframe already has a lot of that farming part

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

1 hour ago, Graves21 said:

But the PVE is also kinda limited,i see people rave about their rivens and how strong they are but unless you're doing a sortie lvl 3 mission or an endless run,which is basically 1% of the time anyway, you can basically do all of the content with an mk-1 braton with an installed potato and a few formas.

So who is stopping you from playing endless all the time?

5 minutes ago, fartloud said:

So who is stopping you from playing endless all the time?

The fact that you need to play the mission for 1 hour+ _before_ the enemies start to get to a remotely challenging level, that's what. And that's why some of us have been begging DE to have Arbitrations start at least at the 80-100 level range, so it's at least fun right from the start. But no, they had to lower the starting level on that too. 

56 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

we do need an endgame or at last something that people could engage (clans and alliances, as there's nothing nowadays that really benefits keeping large clans or alliances together)
i hope that with either Railjack or New War we can get something like that

Thats not content?

Also content is taking longer each time? it doesnt have to but thats up to DE, they can do it slow or fast.

59 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:
2 hours ago, kyori said:

Uh, see above. "Endgame" didn't originate from single player games, they kinda took that concept from MMORPGs. 

Origin of end game

First recorded in 1880–85

I doubt MMORPGs where around that time so I dont think anyone ever took that concept from MMORPGs.... It came from board games, and was often used near the end of a round and or match. (sorry just had to put that out there hehe)
Today though "end game" can differ from person to person and that especialy counts for a game like warframe, but just to end this conversation DE will never put  "REAL END GAME" In warframe they even said warframe is not the type of game to have end game as its never ending evolving.

Edited by Defion

People make this subject more complex than it is. We don't have stuff to do because you treat every encounter with the AI the same as you would basically at lvl 10 as you would into higher lvl mobs. We need better AI. Right now they melt or behave the same way as they would at low level only with bullet sponge qualities. It doesn't matter what game mode your throw on top of things if the AI behavior stays the same. 

16 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

People make this subject more complex than it is. We don't have stuff to do because you treat every encounter with the AI the same as you would basically at lvl 10 as you would into higher lvl mobs. We need better AI. Right now they melt or behave the same way as they would at low level only with bullet sponge qualities. It doesn't matter what game mode your throw on top of things if the AI behavior stays the same. 

While I agree we need better AI, only that by itself is not the final solution. No amount of incredible AI is going to save the mobs if you can hit one button and wipe the entire map. The mobs need better AI, more interesting and engaging mechanics (like Nox or bursa for example), and a bump in levels as well, so they don't get melted so easily. 

20 minutes ago, Defion said:

Origin of end game

First recorded in 1880–85

I doubt MMORPGs where around that time so I dont think anyone ever took that concept from MMORPGs.... It came from board games, and was often used near the end of a round and or match. (sorry just had to put that out there hehe)

LOL, come on, we were talking about endgame in the context of online videogames 😉

"Endgame" is not implemented because too many people would whine that it's too hard. And that's why people come up with their own challenges.

Open multiple rivens in the same mission.
Give yourself a handicap combination of your choice (not using mods, operator-only, sortie-only, using a frame not suited for the job,...).
Collect every obtainable mod.
Make a 6x3.
Find a way to glitch or crash a squadmate.
Get into pet breeding.

I have several hundred hours in the game already and I still happen to learn new things on occasion.

The problem with having an endgame in warframe is that it gets removed 100% of the time after a period. Dark sectors? Not in the game anymore. Long endless runs for a reward? A shadow of its former self with the advent of Void 2.0. Trials/Raids? Fun while it lasted.

Everything that requires cooperation or even a semblance of strategy in this game gets shafted, dumped, and discarded. There will never be a true endgame in warframe, and if it does come, it will be gone within a year or two.