Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened during Coba last night?

OsirisVDC

Question

Last night I was in a PUG running Coba on Earth.  During wave 3 an Ancient dropped into the center of the map and it summoned about 10 more Ancients.  I mag dumped the Soma into the first Ancient that dropped in and moved his health bar about 3%.  Everyone was dying left and right.  I ran out of ammo in both my primary and secondary weapon.  We did eventually finish them off.  I received Ancient Healer Specter Blueprint.  We all dropped out after wave 5 because we all had burned so much ammo.  Has anyone seen this happen before?  I'm new to the game but I've run Coba many times leveling gear and I've never seen anything like this before.

Osiris

7 answers to this question

That would be the result of a Syndicate Death Squad.

There are 6 syndicates (think mafia/mob) groups that you can join. Wear a sigil and gain standing with them. Syndicates have allies and enemies, and enemy groups will send death squads after you randomly in missions. So either you, or a teammate is an enemy of New Loka.

38 minutes ago, tobascodagama said:

Just wait until you get further in the game and those "death squad" units become minor nuisances at best. 😛

'Course, it does get more interesting when Stalker, Zanuka and the G3 all drop in at the same time as the Syndicate mob...

(Disclaimer: this post may not be 100% accurate and/or truthful. Poster accepts no responsibility for events occurring or not occurring when beacons are used to summon assassins, and will be over here in a corner with a bottle of Kraken, giggling quietly to themself. Remember kids, sinners don't get hugs. Or something like that anyway.)