Eidolons "2.0"?: Standing caps, Auto-pickups, and progression

Synpai

I've been teetering back and fourth on making this post, since I tried something similar in the early days of hunting (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/873885-teralyst-hunt-qol/)

Although there have been significant improvements since then I find that I still have many qualms with hunting in the state that it's in.

Vomvalyst

To this day, I don't understand why the vomvalyst spawns are based on RNG.  There is some method to the madness, but ultimately your hands are tied in this and it feels like you're waiting for vomvalysts instead of participating IMO.

I think this could be remedied, either:

• By making the Teralyst spawn with 2-3 vomvalysts surrounding it
  • By offering a charged Lure gear item in the Quills (This could work wonders, especially if the daily cap is removed; see below)

Lures

Why in the world does every lure latch on to and damage vomvalysts in range, but it now only goes into one lure only?

Again,you can have instances where vomvalyst die to grineer near an uncaptured lure and don't maintain their fill state once captured. Both just seem to be more bug than feature.

Daytime Farming

I, like others, wish that night time wasn't the only way to do farming. This could be solved by:

• Making a "beacon" for each of the Eidolons in the Quills to spawn at the shrine (though it's also possible to make a daytime only Eidolon that has to be summoned manually via the shrine for no cost)

Quills Standing Cap

I understand the intent behind this, but it really feels out of place for this instance, bottle-necking us at the end doesn't make it feel like we have something to do longer. In my opinion it does the opposite, because we'd just keep fishing and mining and only need a fraction to hit cap it's just match to figure out how much it would take for everything .

In the current state it would take me a year and counting to use all of my cores with the daily standing. Even if I WANTED to buy a bunch of ship decorations from the quills, they are each 100k and I can only get 26k each, not to mention it makes having wisps as an option to purchase here obsolete (at that's at MR 25, heaven forbid you're 15 or less). There should be some trigger that removes the daily standing cap (i.e: reaching max rank with the syndicate). 

Pickups

Cores are still flying thousands of meters away and all I can think anytime one does that is "I really wish it just fell into the water, so we'd just have it"

I wish Limb and (somewhat) Lure drops were just "auto collected"

Gantulyst

I'm kind of bothered that THIS is the scariest dolon of the hunt praying that you (or lures) don't get eaten by the death beams of light. The Hydrolyst just feels like a giant shell of a meat bag in comparison to this, kinda wish their positions were reversed. On another note....why do they need increased health three times, seems a bit redundant to give them a crap ton of health/shield, armor AND more limbs.

Variation (It definitely exists, just could be more meaningful)

It kind of feels that Eidolons were designed so heavily toward "Anti-meta" and not affecting operator abilities that they almost streamline effective weapons and warframes more so than normal gameplay. Maybe that's okay though, but maybe if we had different Eidolons that allowed for varying hunting meta it'd feel a little less bland.

Equally, I wish each of the focus schools had waybounds for amp/hunt progression to add more mechanics during the hunt so that it's not only Unairu or Madurai during hunts.

Progression & Arcanes (Again it definitely exists, just could be better)

Something I kind of miss was that feeling when you got he T3 amp and it could reset its firing delay. There was a significant difference between that and when you started, comprised with various frames, learning lure spawns, Itzal, arcanes and ardaza kavats the barrier for improved kill times weren't mountains. To improve kill times in the current state, you basically have to over micro manage and exploit early hit boxes with void strike and unairu wisps.

Amps also feel a bit strange to me, I don't understand if they're supposed to be upgrades or sidegrades. It seems like the latter, but if that's the case the T4 amp should probably be looked at because neither of its parts are too effective in a hunt in any way shape or form (And again maybe not each of them needs to be, but it's pretty awkward for it not to be)

Some arcanes are in desperate need of a buff:

Magus Cadence, Cloud, Replenish and somewhat Nourish are just outshined by the other options(Vigor-Husk for hunting and Elevate for non hunting) and should be changed.

Virtuous Null and Tempo requiring kills make them near impossible to use effectively even outside of hunts, not to mention Tempo doesn't affect delay so it's only impressive on ~2 amps (T3 Scaffold, T4 prism) that deal negligible damage to begin with pair that with the limited energy and you have....an impractical option. Ghost just seems like it was made as a counter part to Shadow rather than to be an alternative viable option. Status chance is a big ol question mark during Eidolon hunts

EDIT:

Cetus Load times

Can we just get a portal or separate location that we can go to to save data without having enduring the eternity of loading back into cetus?

Edited by Synpai

57 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Daytime Farming

I, like others, wish that night time wasn't the only way to do farming. This could be solved by:

• Making a "beacon" for each of the Eidolons in the Quills to spawn at the shrine (though it's also possible to make a daytime only Eidolon that has to be summoned manually via the shrine for no cost)

This will lead to a hard cap on how many you can run, or at least how many "reward" you, and it will not be in the players favor.

35 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This will lead to a hard cap on how many you can run, or at least how many "reward" you, and it will not be in the players favor.

To be fair they COULD make it so it doesn't drop the arcane and/or shard or drops half of the loots, but that seems unnecessary. 

If they made it 5 total sets between each night and day cycle: Players could pull off a 5x3 during daytime or night time (or 3 during the day and 2 during the night) (or 4 during the day and 1 during the night) (or 2 during the day and 3 during the night).

Spoiler

There's also the possibility of raising it to higher than 5 sets, which means the focused players get more runs, but I'm sure the flexibility is a benefit in of itself.

So I don't know what you mean by it won't be in the player's favor. The ability to hunt at will up to the maximum rewards focused groups are already getting.

I know what you're getting at, but I don't think the night time only spawn is really stopping anyone other than the casual hunters. The people that take it competitively or have the rivens and setups required to run 5x3 aren't losing out on anything and they too could benefit from being able to hunt at any time of the day.