Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant last change?

-NTB-Cris0407

44 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again, if you are playing at such a low level, and in such a way that your thralls die before they can spread, or your nidus can't build stacks because everything is already dead, then it's not really a problem with the game, or with other players. 

It sounds like you're more concerned about being able to do something flashy than you are about the job getting done. Your teammates are clearly more interested in getting the job done. 

Trying to use a screwdriver, when what you need is a hammer, is also a generally bad idea. Just saying. 

Of course I want flashy. Warframe is so much about fashion and flashy.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

I'm just unhappy about my understanding of Disco Macabre affecting Nullifiers. That's crap, it should pop them and the little robots. They're laser beams. Not some psychic ability. A minor problem but still annoying. 

While is was good while it lasted, I knew that had to be a bug.  It surprised me a little the first time it happened which took a bit (like last week) since I had already assumed like all powers the nullifers were immune.  It was only after I wanted to clear a mob in front of the nullifer I discovered that it also hit the nullifer. 

Now it is consistent will pretty much everything else.  Which is fine.  I think too many players spend a little Danse Macabre sometimes.  I feel it works far better in quick bursts than sustained spins.

3 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

IT IS NOT DIFFICULTY. It is annoyance that can be fixed with QoL!

You might want to calm down, relax, and take a few deep breaths. 

Right now it seems to be working as intended. The enemies serve as much purpose in death as they do in life. Ideally you should be the one to kill them for the overshields but your team doesn't need overshields if everything is dead, so it's not an issue. 

You want the thralls to not die the instant you cast? Try not playing at a level where your teammates are killing everything in an instant. Try enthralling them as they come around corners so they can spread it to the enemies behind them out of everyone's line of sight. Try enthralling heavy units which deal damage rapidly, like heavy gunners. Try to figure out how to use your powers to actually help your squad, instead of trying to impress them when they're clearly more interested in killing everything as rapidly as possible. 

I used him very effectively in public games on Hydron. Yes the thralls died rapidly at first, as you would expect. When the targets started getting stronger and I started to get better at picking them, I often found several of them hanging around until I zapped them (and everyone else) and claimed their energy. 

@Acersecomic

Here is my biggest issue with Thralls being unkillable by anyone but Revenant:

I play Public most of the time and nearly all players waste time attacking Nekros's Shadows even after appearance change and even if they have a bright color or a tether from Shield Shadows cluing them in.  I have new players go crazy when I cast just waiting at extraction acting like it was some sneak attack or something.  Even if other players figured out the thralls were on their side, that is a whole lot of clutter I don't want to have see through to actually pick out the enemies.  Then there is self damaging weapons that going to either detonate or bounce of the thralls I could no longer kill to clear my path.  The there is the actual fact that, yes, Enthrall actually has a time limit.  While it should be rare, you going to find some angry players that get downed because they thought they were safe among the thralls when they turned back or everyone thought they were protecting the Mobile Defense console but that one Butcher happened to be right next to it and just so happen to be a unit that can destroy it in like three swings. 

Revenant's thralls work best they way they are.  Like I already said, if you want make a posse out of the enemy troops you have Nekros.  And Nekros is more than enough frames with that ability as it is plain annoying to the rest of the squad most of the time.  Otherwise, you can  play solo with Revenant and have merry squad of not-specters.  Revenant is without a doubt my favorite Warframe.  Sure, there a couple of things I would like a little different, but I wouldn't want to give up anything to get them from how he currently plays to get them.  Which is likely to happen to keep balence.  I will go so far as to like the fact that the community at large has stuck there nose up at him.  That's fine by me, I like playing an underrated frame because almost no one else will.  And I think Revenant is very underrated just like Khora is.

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

7b2d8f25812bc382eac5f908b736961f60fb4bbd

Either you are a troll, or you have no idea what is being talked about here.

Or I'm a player who has Revenant and was able to do what you claim is impossible, because I played differently to you. And because I did it, I am telling you again that it is possible to use your ability, have it spread, and last long enough on a mission like a public match in Hydron where killing everything in sight is the name of the game. 

The difference is that I'm not trying to engage in fashion frame in mission, am keeping my head on the objective, and working with my squads needs and ability, instead of expecting them to be limited to what I want them to do. 

Again, try to really understand what the power allows us to do, adjust your playstyle to suit your situation, and stop expecting others to play in a way that pleases you. If you can do that, then you may find that Revenant is a very viable frame. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Or I'm a player who has Revenant and was able to do what you claim is impossible, because I played differently to you. And because I did it, I am telling you again that it is possible to use your ability, have it spread, and last long enough on a mission like a public match in Hydron where killing everything in sight is the name of the game. 

The difference is that I'm not trying to engage in fashion frame in mission, am keeping my head on the objective, and working with my squads needs and ability, instead of expecting them to be limited to what I want them to do. 

Again, try to really understand what the power allows us to do, adjust your playstyle to suit your situation, and stop expecting others to play in a way that pleases you. If you can do that, then you may find that Revenant is a very viable frame. 

You seem to have skipped a part of discussion then, as what I wanted and what others who support this idea want is just a QoL change where friendlies couldn't kill thralls for more enjoyment to the player and to make the ability less spammy, IT IS ANNOYING TO HAVE YOUR MINIONS KILLED CONSTANTLY THE MOMENT YOU CAST IT HERE OR THERE. I do not care if you stand in a far off corner so you can have thralls or if you don't have a problem with it. Not everyone wants not has to play like you do. And this QoL change does not affect you or anyone else who is against this.

44 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

You seem to have skipped a part of discussion then, as what I wanted and what others who support this idea want is just a QoL change where friendlies couldn't kill thralls for more enjoyment to the player and to make the ability less spammy, IT IS ANNOYING TO HAVE YOUR MINIONS KILLED CONSTANTLY THE MOMENT YOU CAST IT HERE OR THERE. I do not care if you stand in a far off corner so you can have thralls or if you don't have a problem with it. Not everyone wants not has to play like you do. And this QoL change does not affect you or anyone else who is against this.

And again you missed others have said here and specifically what I've said. I was playing on Hydron. There aren't really any far corners of Hydron. I also made the basic strategy I was using clear on the first page of the thread: 

"Zapped one as it came around the corner so it could convert some buddies, or a heavy gunner if I got lucky. 

Then eventually they'd all come cluster around, holding the wave back until I pressed 4 to wipe the slate and start again."

Like the vast majority of the people playing on Hydron, I spend a lot of time near the objective. 

I further made it clear that I had the experience of rapidly dying thralls when the mobs were lower levels and as they scaled up the thralls began to last longer, this was in part due to a change in how I played:

"I used him very effectively in public games on Hydron. Yes the thralls died rapidly at first, as you would expect. When the targets started getting stronger and I started to get better at picking them, I often found several of them hanging around until I zapped them (andeveryone else) and claimed their energy."

I have said repeatedly, if you find that your minions are dying too rapidly, then you are doing something wrong. A major part of that is not playing in a way that would help your squad. They're obviously not having problems rapidly clearing enemies. That's the same thing that goes for Nidus, if you are having trouble building up your stacks, it's because you are playing wrong. 

Try taking the suggestions and see if your thrall game is improved somewhat. 

5 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Dear fkin god you are dense.

This is the last I'll tell you, after that you  can talk to the communal water department.

"Far corner" does not have to mean "the other side of PoE" or whatever. Far corner of a map is a relative term depending on the map.

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Like the vast majority of the people playing on Hydron, I spend a lot of time near the objective

Standing a metre or two away from the objective in Hydron, aiming up the stairs and using the ability as an enemy rounds the corner is a far cry from any possible concept of "far corner". 

Your insistence that sitting in a "far corner" is the only way to viably play Revenant, shows a general unfamiliarity with the map, and your specific complaints of your inability to use the ability shows a general unfamiliarity with the concept of playing efficiently in a team setting. 

I've made a lot of suggestions for how to improve your ability to use the frame, and you seem to be very unwilling or perhaps unable to grasp the concepts. The only other way to say these things is  perhaps, "git gud". 

Good luck with that, Tenno. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977