Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Waframe Concept] Krakatoa - The Magmaframe

MrHostile

Third time is the charm i guess.

Hello again! And welcome to a new iteration of and old idea that won't go away from my head, this time with stuff that make more sense?

The warframe would be a Tank/Juggernaut based on damage against armor and flesh together, on one point i even try to think a system for building pressure and releasing but.. i just give up on that. Now i will explain basic of basic.

The pressure system is to make you build it, to release using abilities, the more pressure you have, the stronger and wider the abilities are.

Krakatoa - The Magmaframe
Doesn't have shields

Passive: Still Working

1. Heat up/Harden: 
    Heat up: Krakatoa covers itself with magma irradiating close enemies with heat and giving weapons damage against armor and flesh.
    For the Armor side: Corrosive damage debuffing armored enemies, and for Flesh side: Flat heat damage.

Pressure Pasive: The more damage you do, the more pressure you build.

Harden: Krakatoa cools down the magma, creating an armor around itself out of minerals. Getting armor plus damage reduction and "Pressure" counter: The more damage he receives, the more pressure he builds up.
    Pressure Pasive: The more damage you receive, the more pressure you build.

2. Leap: Krakatoa jumps to an enemie, or direction making a small blast.
    If Heat Up: Spawn a small pool of Magma/Lava at the end of the leap.

if Harden: The blast gets wider and stronger.

3. Magmapool: Release a pool of magma which start to expand, enemies that die inside  expand its duration and size. Armored enemies who stand inside the pool for a time, have they armor melt away over time, rendering them null from damage reduction.

4. Pyroclastic flow: 
    Heat up: Release an expanding shockwave that travels across the field causing high blast damage to enemies on the way.

Harden: With the building pressure, Krakatoa release an expanding wall of hot gas and volcanic matter, damaging enemies with high heat damage and for those who survive the blast, the volcanic matter traps them in place for 10 seconds.

And of course suggestion are welcome, and corrections for the grammar too.

Edited by MrHostile

12 minutes ago, MrHostile said:

system for building pressure and releasing

maybe a sort of charge effect on the 2nd-4th abilities, more energy for more powerful abilities.

Also how about tying pressure to the passive instead of the 1st ability, the longer Krakatoa goes without using an ability the more pressure (stacks generate faster with more then 50% energy but slower with less then 50% energy) (with Impact and Heat procs adding 2 Stacks, Puncture and Cold procs removing 2 stacks)

give it 50 stacks the more Pressure Stacks used (based off which ability) the more damage/efficiency for the next ability used while in Heat Up and more range/duration in Harden, then maybe have stacks consumed like this 2nd 5 stacks (charge 10-15), 3rd 15 stacks (charge 20-25), 4th 25 stacks (charge 35-50) but while at max stacks Karkatoa will slowly take damage and heat damage against Karkatoa is doubled, while cold does less,

with anything Friend or Foe within 15 Meters taking 50% of that damage as well (like Karkatoa was hit with a Slash Proc and can give half of it to others nearby but has to keep the proc), to encourage people to use Kark's abilities, but with 5 or lower stacks Kark slows down by 25% and gains damage resistance against heat, but weaker to cold.

Then maybe have the base stats like this
Energy: 250,  Armor: 250, HP: 250, Shield: NA, Sprint Speed 0.80

The idea of the stack system would be to keep Karatoa players doing constantly using abilities at a managable rate, since frames like Hydroid, Saryn, Trinity, Equinox, Frost, Nidus, Nezha and Ember have essentially "Fire and Forget" abilities where you only really need to cast the Fire-Forget ability once or twice in a mission especially on high efficiency builds.

Let me help you out a bit with magma and lava. Magma is what you can it when it is underground, lava is when it's on the surface. 

As for the warframe, I think limiting your warframe to target specific enemies is not a good idea. Also, having a warframe with no shields and no way to regenerate health is not a good thing. 

1 hour ago, MrHostile said:

1. Heat up/Harden

I like the idea of building pressure, which you gave up in. Is this a mode switching ability (like equinox) which means your either damaging nearby enemies or your incredibly tanky? If that is the case, It's not that good. I would suggest that you make these his passives. When you take damage builds up heat which increases the DPS upto a cap. His first ability becomes the Harden ability which prevents build up, but the hardened shell get's consumed on next ability cast. On ability cast release all the heat from your body dealing damage and has a heat proc chance based on the Heat build up of the passive. Additionally, while hardened, your passive builds up pressure when you take damage which gives bonuses to your other abilities like a larger blast radius to leap or something. This really is the backbone of your warframe.

2. Leap

This is kinda boring, but the other nature of his skills gives a different twist to it, so it's fine.

3. Magmapool

Like hydroid, with less afk. You could add a Harden bonus. When you cast harden, you turn the enemies in the are to stone while dealing heat proc to the area outside of the pool. When used while hardened, you launch chunks of rocks that turn to small lava pools instead of one big lava pool.

4. Pyroclastic flow

An expanding thing that deals damage to your enemies. Sounds too similar to his third ability. combine it with the third ability and retain as his fourth ability and make a different third skill. 

All in all, I like the basic concept, but it does need some tweaks. Heat and Pressure buildup sounds like a good mechanic. Lean in to that. 

hace 1 hora, (XB1)TheFearsomeRat dijo:

The idea of the stack system would be to keep Karatoa players doing constantly using abilities at a managable rate, since frames like Hydroid, Saryn, Trinity, Equinox, Frost, Nidus, Nezha and Ember have essentially "Fire and Forget" abilities where you only really need to cast the Fire-Forget ability once or twice in a mission especially on high efficiency builds.

I wanted to do something more interactive, so players have something to do always. As i love those warframes, i become boring fast.

The idea of pressure was something like this:
When in Heat Up mode, all damage you do builds pressure on your body, if not handled on some way, your body expell all the pressure at one damaging you.

On Harden mode, all damage you receive builds pressure with the sames problems above.

Every abilitie should need the pressure to come up, except for the 2.

hace 1 hora, InDueTime-EN- dijo:

Let me help you out a bit with magma and lava. Magma is what you can it when it is underground, lava is when it's on the surface. 

Oh i know that, but i called that way because magma comes from him, or "inside" him. But if we look at both Magma and Lava, they pretty much do the same thing.

And about the no way to regenerate health, maybe 'Heat up' can do that when its on

I like the idea of building pressure, which you gave up in. Is this a mode switching ability (like equinox) which means your either damaging nearby enemies or your incredibly tanky? If that is the case, It's not that good. I would suggest that you make these his passives.

Oh no, they suppose to work like the vauban or Ivara gadgets, Heat up cools down over time, and "Harden" until is broken or you renew it. Both abilities are supposed to be renew even if not finish. You can stay in normal mode but your abilities loses the cool stuff.

Check out what i said to the Rat above
The passive was supposed to be: On Heat up, when you receive, a chance to make splash your.. "lava" and on Harden, a chance to blast off enemies.

This is kinda boring, but the other nature of his skills gives a different twist to it, so it's fine.

That's the idea, i wanna to give him something to speed up or 'Enter the fray' sort of.

Like hydroid, with less afk. You could add a Harden bonus. When you cast harden, you turn the enemies in the are to stone while dealing heat proc to the area outside of the pool. When used while hardened, you launch chunks of rocks that turn to small lava pools instead of one big lava pool.

This was the trickiest, Because, if i added the pressure system, you cast the pool only when you are in heat up mode.
In Harden mode i come up with a few  things: 
A) You splash everything with rocks (picture a volcano launching rocks)
B) You splash everything with lava.
C) Instead of releasing the pool, while you are on Harden the lava is stuck with you, giving you an strong Aura of heat.
D) Remember the Mod for the Elytron 'Afterburner'?, But adding red lightning zaps and tone more like ash.

An expanding thing that deals damage to your enemies. Sounds too similar to his third ability. combine it with the third ability and retain as his fourth ability and make a different third skill. 

Of all abilities i think, this was the most non-op.

Othe ideas i have when writing this and scrap:
Tectonic punch: Punch the floor so hard that a crack appears, spilling flaming rocks and lava
An actual mini volcano.

Thanks Both for posting! First time i have actual feedback!

Edited by MrHostile
Clearing some things up.

53 minutes ago, MrHostile said:

The idea of pressure was something like this:
When in Heat Up mode, all damage you do builds pressure on your body, if not handled on some way, your body expell all the pressure at one damaging you.

On Harden mode, all damage you receive builds pressure with the sames problems above.

Every abilitie should need the pressure to come up, except for the 2.

actually 2 would benefit from pressure since it's a jump and considering it's conclusion pressure could be used to A: increase the distance of the jump or B: increase the range of the blast (or spread of lava) at the end, put one of those things (mentos I think they were called) into a new pop bottle of Pepsi, Coka Cola, etc. and let it burst while the lid is on the ground and you will see what I mean (and hopefully not become a Bee/Wasp/Hornet magnet from the splash radius).

For damaging with an expulsion of all pressure take my idea put it on a timer then once it hits zero, boom since either way it's still interactive put both together then it's like a ticking timer you can only delay in missions, it's inevitability in the mission is the only thing up to question,
will it damage you? probably, will it down you? possibly, will it kill your frame while solo? if you don't watch your stacks it will 😛 it's a sudden but inevitable betrayal in wait.

but the idea I have for stacks would work like this *press 2 ability activates - energy is used, *hold 2 for about 2-4 seconds lvl 2-3 leap uses a bit more energy for a bit more damage, *hold 2 longer it uses stacks up to 15 and provides the appropriate Stack buff on the same charge time as the non-stack buffed version. doing that would mean each ability has 6 lvls of charge that only gets better and the lvl4-6 charge is determined by the frame's state, Damage/Efficiency for Heat Up since pressure would be able to "escape" due to the softer surface and quicker thus providing more force, while Harden Range/Duration since the pressure would have difficulty "escaping" since it would have very limited areas to get out which would slow down it's "escape".

and for that play the Zero section in Mega Man X3's intro level or any other level once X is fully upgraded, he has a mega buster that charges up twice and can fire lvl3 (then lvl2 if your playing as Zero) and then further charging adds the use of a more powerful sword attack of which Zero can get 2 swings (lvl5 charge) of and X gets one (lvl4 charge), and you would have the (very) rough idea of what I was thinking with that.

The base of my idea was taking the bit I know about pressure IRL and trying to apply that to a video game with Magic Space Ninjas that can create Lightsabres out of thin air and without a Khyber Crystal and don't even need to use a handle.

hace 1 hora, (XB1)TheFearsomeRat dijo:

actually 2 would benefit from pressure since it's a jump and considering it's conclusion pressure could be used to A: increase the distance of the jump or B: increase the range of the blast (or spread of lava) at the end, put one of those things (mentos I think they were called) into a new pop bottle of Pepsi, Coka Cola, etc. and let it burst while the lid is on the ground and you will see what I mean (and hopefully not become a Bee/Wasp/Hornet magnet from the splash radius).

For damaging with an expulsion of all pressure take my idea put it on a timer then once it hits zero, boom since either way it's still interactive put both together then it's like a ticking timer you can only delay in missions, it's inevitability in the mission is the only thing up to question,
will it damage you? probably, will it down you? possibly, will it kill your frame while solo? if you don't watch your stacks it will 😛 it's a sudden but inevitable betrayal in wait.

but the idea I have for stacks would work like this *press 2 ability activates - energy is used, *hold 2 for about 2-4 seconds lvl 2-3 leap uses a bit more energy for a bit more damage, *hold 2 longer it uses stacks up to 15 and provides the appropriate Stack buff on the same charge time as the non-stack buffed version. doing that would mean each ability has 6 lvls of charge that only gets better and the lvl4-6 charge is determined by the frame's state, Damage/Efficiency for Heat Up since pressure would be able to "escape" due to the softer surface and quicker thus providing more force, while Harden Range/Duration since the pressure would have difficulty "escaping" since it would have very limited areas to get out which would slow down it's "escape".

and for that play the Zero section in Mega Man X3's intro level or any other level once X is fully upgraded, he has a mega buster that charges up twice and can fire lvl3 (then lvl2 if your playing as Zero) and then further charging adds the use of a more powerful sword attack of which Zero can get 2 swings (lvl5 charge) of and X gets one (lvl4 charge), and you would have the (very) rough idea of what I was thinking with that.

The base of my idea was taking the bit I know about pressure IRL and trying to apply that to a video game with Magic Space Ninjas that can create Lightsabres out of thin air and without a Khyber Crystal and don't even need to use a handle.

Yes, I think of that, but when i think the pace of the game, it becomes hard to just "press this button enough for do something", i think devs would like to avoid that.

It not a bad idea though, i was thinking the same, buuut later you realize that you don't want to press a button and check how longer you press it, you are in the middle of a battle you want the stuff now, but again, is not a bad idea need more though.

And btw: About the second ability using pressure, i was stupid enough to not see it, lol, Nice one! Thanks!

Edited by MrHostile

There is actually one volcanic event that surpassed Krakatoa. It was the eruption of the Greek isle of Santerini. It unleashed the equivalent force of 50,000 Hiroshima bombs, and it’s effects were felt as far away as California. Maybe it could be an augment mod that could boost pyroclastic flow’s range and damage, but also causes collateral damage to your teammates.