Chimera Prologue?

KelsierSurvivor

What sparked my idea;

Spoiler

Mr. Tactical Potato kept giving us the dictionary definition of "chimera". (A fabrication of the mind is what stuck out to me.) I have a theory, but it is something very far-fetched and unlikely, also unlikely.

The only thing I can think of that is likely a "chimera" in the sense listed above, would be The Man in the Wall. We are the only ones that can see him. Now, this would suggest that it's a fabrication of our minds, especially since Lotus, Ordis, and anyone else has never said anything about him. The only person that MIGHT have a clue would be Umbra since we had that little conversation with him after The Sacrifice. Our minds may be intertwined, though I really have no basis for this idea save for the fact that we performed two forms of Transference. (Tenno to Warframe, Warframe to Tenno.) 

Now, my theory is that this theorized "Chimera Prologue" is some kind of quest or prologue for The Man in the Wall. This would be SICKLY AWESOME seeing as we have not seen much lore on him yet aside from Chains of Harrow, but that was very vague. 

My other guess is that this might have something to do with the next Umbra frame based on Steve's post and the little bit of text we can see, but that's also a bit of a stretch.

Thoughts?

Hoping it deals with Teshin doing his best to figure out where we went at the mountain top as well as our Void Demon saying they killed someone they never met. 

Is this showing that what the Tenno think about their lives is all implanted memories that never happened before they were found on the ship? That their lives before being shot into the Void are a fabrication of beings that were not there as the Mag Codex says- there were no children on the ship. 

3 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

What sparked my idea;

Reveal hidden contents

Now, this would suggest that it's a fabrication of our minds, especially since Lotus, Ordis, and anyone else has never said anything about him.

The Red Veil know though they can barely comprehend hence treating it like a religion.

An important note. The lotus and Ordis are machines. They perceive and decipher things logically and respond with the most likely outcomes. Phantoms are transference energy, madness and void possession are "neural sentries".

They cant comprehend why the orokin were afraid.  

Edited by BallisticSalsa

18 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Codex says- there were no children on the ship. 

That can simply be the military trope of "get your story straight with ours or you never existed either" kind of threat. But it is obvious we take the thoughts of umbra as our own throughout the quest. And war within showed we have a repressed past under what we consider to be who we are. How can Tenno create art and schools of combat in parallel to orokin design while living as frames when in pods. It's as if our society was absorbed from others who already came up with it.

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

That can simply be the military trope of "get your story straight with ours or you never existed either" kind of threat. But it is obvious we take the thoughts of umbra as our own throughout the quest. And war within showed we have a repressed past under what we consider to be who we are. How can Tenno create art and schools of combat in parallel to orokin design while living as frames when in pods. It's as if our society was absorbed from others who already came up with it.

I was thinking it was like that as well for the military....but then when I saw that they did not see the Tenno as victims but more as weapons meant there was something up.

And what is scarier- children given powers OR children appearing out of nowhere that wield powers beyond anything that exists outside of the Void? 

Personally, these are my thoughts on how the Chimera Prologue quest events played out...

Spoiler

Obviously, the jumpscare in the Personal Headquarters area, which was the Void Demon manifesting itself as a 'evil' version of the Lotus, was to entice the Operator to want to investigate further. The Void Demon knows that we are still heartbroken after Lotus "left us", and seems thus far due to the post-quest triggered interactions, is really desiring to just '#*!% with us', and loves causing chaos. 

That being said, it has now somehow either chosen to manifest itself this way, or maybe has been seperated from us for long enough to grow enough power feeding off our negative emotional energy (theory). Remember, we first saw it inside of ourselves first, in The War Within ending scene, and first in the orbiter after Chains of Harrow, which is assumed that Rell was holding all the other Tenno's void darkness within them, but after being laid to rest with his Harrow, everyone's dark "Chimera" broke free. So, it appears as Lotus with more dark energy aura than has been seen prior, and when we touched the Lotus helmet, we got transported back into the Lua tileset where the Apasty Prologue began in the first place. 

But, we see it's different, the Void Demon entity, that once took our own appearance, now has chosen to appear to us as Lotus, teleporting away in directions, which is obviously going to be our desire to follow it and see what is going on. We go through the same spot, somewhere, in our minds maybe it's not really easy to know. The Void Demon is using our past memory to do some mind#*!%ery, even tries to trap us in a small circle and attack us with Lotus shadow demonic clones, that look almost JUST like how Hunhow looked in the Natah quest conversation blurbs. After defeating them all, the energy trapping us releases. The Void Demon knows we are deeply emotionally tied to the Lotus, after all, all we knew was that she looked out for us in ALL aspects, until "Ballas" appeared in this same exact location, found Lotus, and she walked away with him somewhere outside of the area. The Sacrifice quest was about discovering Ballas's Vitruvius knowledge resource, using it to try and find the beloved Operator's 'spacemom' again with the help of Excalibur Umbra. Ballas is stabbed with the Umbral sword when trying to stop Excalibur Umbra on his own with transference power but the Operator uses his/her own body to push it in. Ballas is surprised and wounded, Lotus/Natah as Margoulis rebuilt in her Sentient form comes to retrieve him, and escapes with him in her arms, presumedly to another system outside of the Origin one (Tau assumedly).

So we chase down the Void demon, until we get to the place where the somatic link reservoir was in the Orokin Moon that held us until The Second Dream. Compared to the Apostasy Prologue's version, the pods are more destroyed (presumably Void Demon's doing be it image projecting), then jumps down into the portal leading to where Lotus was and left with Ballas.

Now, this is where things start getting interesting. The Void Demon seems to open a blue-colored portal from that location, and either goes into it (or dissapears, can't fully remember). We enter it to chase, But we are in a completely different looking setting, which is a kind of tunnel-shaped opening. Void dashing into the open area, we see a visibly physically ruined shape of Ballas, seemingly injured in the chest area which spread, as well as his legs. He has a glowing effect on his forhead (presumably either he using Transference, or being controlled by the Void Demon). I did notice, that the effect's appearance looks similar to the drilling device the Queens tried using on us in The War Within to break into our Transference link and destroy us and the Warframe, but I don't know if that's just coincidence. 

This visibly disfigured Ballas, whom we do a minigame with to avoid him seeing us for 5 whole seconds long, he talks of having lost all hope of being found at all, which we don't know the timeline of how long events took to transpire after the end of Sacrifice, and this Chimera quest, but it feels to me like he has been there, wherever 'there' is, a LONG time, hiding and abandoned. My theory is, the Ballas from the Apostacy prologue, and thus the Sacrifice, is not the 'real' Ballas, some kind of clone, or puppet designed to look like him to spread 'lies' about his betrayal of the Orokin Empire and mislead anyone who dared interfere, such as the Tenno. Recall the only times we actually 'met' Ballas as ourselves would be at the Courtyard on Earth towards the end. I feel like we weren't 'there' in the Apostasy, maybe some sort of Transference, because Lotus seemed to just see Ballas and wisk off with him despite our cries of protest. But how could Ballas, the real one, look so seemingly unscathed by the time since he last saw Margoulis and just appear there out of the blue to fetch Lotus and bring her back with him and she'd just drop her helmet there and then and leave the Tenno to fend for ourselves? 

My theory is, someone, or something either cloned Ballas, re-created him, or used some kind of advanced body puppetry, because he is obviously some sort of real, otherwise Natah as Sentient wouldn't have picked him up from his injury and escaped. I feel like they used a person from Natah's past to brainwash her into going back into full Sentient mode to cast the Tenno aside and leave us. The Ballas we saw in the Chimera, is not only the 'chimera' of the Operator themselves (void demon), but the one of Ballas. The one we saw is the TRUE Ballas, who was abandoned, and betrayed by the Sentients, not the other way around. He has been suffering there since his exile from the council and his betrayal by Sentients and Margulis. He says that the Sentients must pay for what they did, and would do to others. The description of the Weapon BP we get from it (which Ballas himself makes over the course of a few minutes, which at the end we come down in a staticy-grey form (Notice it is not our full operator color palette), hold the weapon with Ballas, as his eye opens and glows bright which sends us back into the orbiter. The Weapon is a "Sentient Slayer", and is an "offering from Ballas" to destroy whom betrayed him and the Orokin, to deny Ballas of his death, most likely after his guilt from Margulis's execution and has been there this whole time with 'hope' someone will come and help.

The question though remains: Why would the Void Demon chose to lead us to the decrepit Ballas from our desire to find the Lotus, whom is obviously with the Sentients now in Tau from the TennoCon tease trailers for The New War? I don't think that is accidental. I feel like the Void Demon separated from us after Rell's peace, has some ulterior motive other than to cause chaos, and MAY even be behind the entire thing, wanting to take a 'neutral' side to things to keep the universe 'interesting' and unbalanced from chaos.

I feel like the Void Demon draws STRONG similarities from "The Outsider" in the Dishonored franchise. The concepts are almost indentical - 'shadow self' figure, perceived as a 'trickster god', has 'underworld' powers representing things like 'repressed desires' and mystery, and may be showing us the "True Ballas" to give us power as 'interesting people', just to create more #*!%ery, but all just theorycrafting.

So Lotus was brainwashed, by a fake Ballas and the 'real' Ballas wants to help us slay the Sentient betrayers, we still don't know who Natah's 'mother' figure is she refers to in the Sacrifice and The New War teaser.

On 2018-10-12 at 2:19 AM, KelsierSurvivor said:

What sparked my idea;

Reveal hidden contents

Mr. Tactical Potato kept giving us the dictionary definition of "chimera". (A fabrication of the mind is what stuck out to me.) I have a theory, but it is something very far-fetched and unlikely, also unlikely.

The only thing I can think of that is likely a "chimera" in the sense listed above, would be The Man in the Wall. We are the only ones that can see him. Now, this would suggest that it's a fabrication of our minds, especially since Lotus, Ordis, and anyone else has never said anything about him. The only person that MIGHT have a clue would be Umbra since we had that little conversation with him after The Sacrifice. Our minds may be intertwined, though I really have no basis for this idea save for the fact that we performed two forms of Transference. (Tenno to Warframe, Warframe to Tenno.) 

Now, my theory is that this theorized "Chimera Prologue" is some kind of quest or prologue for The Man in the Wall. This would be SICKLY AWESOME seeing as we have not seen much lore on him yet aside from Chains of Harrow, but that was very vague. 

My other guess is that this might have something to do with the next Umbra frame based on Steve's post and the little bit of text we can see, but that's also a bit of a stretch.

Thoughts?

Chimera_Apulia_Louvre_K362.jpg

The Chimera was a fierce beast in Ancient Greek mythology that had the head of a lion, a body with features of a goat and its tail was a snake.

For this reason, it is used in modern genetics to signify a single organism artificially created (although there are several examples that exist naturally too)

composed of cells with distinct genotypes.

There is also expression "chasing chimeras" which means I'm chasing something unattainable that isn't there.

Edited by disco_inferno6